Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredfest 2018 - North Lake Tahoe

The Schedule for Shredfest 2018 (10th Anniversary!):

• Official Shredfest activities are shaded green.
    • Please monitor this thread for updates.
    • Last minute changes will be communicated at the event so keep in touch with Jack and Wendell at the end of each day.
    • If you have not done so already, PM me (slow) to get on the contact list. (Exceptions are Team RVL8 and associates.)
    • When you PM me to get on the contact list, please include your real name, names of those that are accompanying you, your email address and a cell phone number if you will have a cell phone while in Tahoe.

NOTE: The Meet & Greet & Meet & Bye addresses will be emailed to confirmed participants only. Therefore if you plan on attending and have not done so already, please PM me your contact information.
    [/B]
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Has there been any lift ticket deals? Or a group rate ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Unfortunately not.

The Cali riders may have more insight on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

I'm not feeling too optimistic about making it this year.

A lot of stuff going on, and not sure if any of the other RVL8 guys are going to make it out.

Might have to re-evaluate closer to feb to make a final decision.

I'll be sure to keep you all in the loop
        facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
          Unfortunately not.

The Cali riders may have more insight on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          It's tough finding discounts for the North Shore resorts. I'm going to start hunting around, but I'm not expecting to find much if any.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Any new news for this event?
            Snow predictions?
            Lift deals ?
            People going?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
              Snow predictions?
              Lift deals ?
              People going?
              It's kind of early for snow predictions. Tahoe isn't in the best shape right now, but they are saying a change is coming. We shall see.

I did some searching and didn't come up with anything. Unfortunately there just doesn't seem to be any discounts for the Tahoe resorts like there used to be. If there are, I'm not finding them. Myself, I ended up buying the Squaw/Alpine 4-pack to save a few bucks. It doesn't really make sense to purchase a 4-pack though unless you're a local. Right now on Liftopia it's $112 for Sugarbowl and $251 for a 2-day pass to cover Squaw & Alpine. The best a person can do for Northstar is get a buddy ticket from an Epic Pass holder.

Slow usually puts together a list of everyone attending.
              Boards/Bindings:
              2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
              2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                Snow predictions?
                Lift deals ?
                People going?

Typically we have anywhere from 20 to 40 riders attend Shredfest and this year is shaping up the same. Stats will be shared closer to the event.

It is a good time to remind those that are planning on attending to send me a PM with their info.
                sigpic

Comment

That's a nice chunk of people. I got a 2 bedroom condo in Incline. My son and his wife were gonna head up for a few days but it's looking like they might not make it at all . And even if hey do it's just Saturday night. So I might need a room mate to justify getting the 2 bedroom condo. Or I'll have to downgrade to a hotel style cheaper place.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Rachel and I are thinking about making last minute plans to go to shredfest. We are finding a couple air BnBs for ~100$ per night, but I wanted to see if there were any open rooms with anyone else.
                    facebook.com/dlynamr8

Comment

Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
                      Hey Guys,

Rachel and I are thinking about making last minute plans to go to shredfest. We are finding a couple air BnBs for ~100$ per night, but I wanted to see if there were any open rooms with anyone else.
                      Glad to hear you will be able to join us.

I am not aware of any open rooms. Hopefully if there are any, others will respond to your request.
                      sigpic

Comment

With Shredfest starting in less than a month, please PM me if you have not done so already letting me know you are joining us!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
                          Hey Guys,

When did you plan on getting there? And heading back home?
                          A injury at work from a Co-worker has shorten my stay, now I'm leaving on Tuesday . After being at Westfest I don't want to have miss any of it

Comment

Since my trip is getting cut short due to others, I’m stopping at Mammoth on my way to Tahoe to ski the Saturday before the event start . Anyone else interested in hitting there before the meet and greet?

Comment

It now turns out, Rachel and I will not be coming. already looking forward to next year when kirk and branden are in good health!
                              facebook.com/dlynamr8

Comment

Working...
                              X