Westfest 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Here are the XLs in the trees and powder up at Snowbasin today. It's still snowing in Ogden tonight, so maybe.....

Nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Because we might attend the celebrations at Brighton on Friday, we have decided to go to the Asian Potato tomorrow night (Thursday 26th) at 7 pm. Mrs Wolf is meeting an old school friend there, so we are definitely a go. We have extra space for three in the SUV to give anyone staying at the Extended Stay a ride. Mrs Wolf calls shotgun!
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Sounds good to me! I'm happy to drive if anyone wants a DD.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Because we might attend the celebrations at Brighton on Friday, we have decided to go to the Asian Potato tomorrow night (Thursday 26th) at 7 pm. Mrs Wolf is meeting an old school friend there, so we are definitely a go. We have extra space for three in the SUV to give anyone staying at the Extended Stay a ride. Mrs Wolf calls shotgun!
          Sounds great - I'll be there.

Comment

Because we might attend the celebrations at Brighton on Friday, we have decided to go to the Asian Potato tomorrow night (Thursday 26th) at 7 pm.
            We decided??? Well, we can't make it. We are going to Sweet Tomatoes. We only get it once a year while at Westfest. After a 9-hour drive, we won't be up for socializing anyway.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
              We decided??? Well, we can't make it. We are going to Sweet Tomatoes. We only get it once a year while at Westfest. After a 9-hour drive, we won't be up for socializing anyway.
              Yes, this was an "open" day and the Mrs wanted to meet up with her school friend?

Comment

Yes, this was an "open" day and the Mrs wanted to meet up with her school friend?
                That's cool. Have fun!
                Boards/Bindings:
                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

You may need to adjust your plan...All the Sweet Tomatoes in Utah have gone out of business. I can recommend a pretty good (best I've had in Utah) Vegan place but it is in SLC. If you stop way in it won't add much to your drive. Cafe Oasis on 151south 500 west.
                  Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
                  Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
                  Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100

Comment

After a 9-hour drive, we won't be up for socializing anyway.
                    I'll have been awake since 1:30am (Utah time) to make the trek from the east coast - so who said anything about socializing?!?! I just want Thai food! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kyu View Post
                      You may need to adjust your plan...All the Sweet Tomatoes in Utah have gone out of business. I can recommend a pretty good (best I've had in Utah) Vegan place but it is in SLC. If you stop way in it won't add much to your drive. Cafe Oasis on 151south 500 west.
                      That's too bad - I ate at Sweet Tomatoes while in SLC last February and it was so busy every night after skiing, the only time we could get in without a huge wait was on a Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It wasn't meant to, but it snowed again last night and is still coming down heavily this morning. There are hazardous winter driving conditions. So those arriving today for Westfest , take care.

Comment

Westfest 2017

It wasn't meant to, but it snowed again last night and is still coming down heavily this morning. There are hazardous winter driving conditions. So those arriving today for Westfest , take care.

Great to hear about more snow! This is setting up to be a great Westfest even if no fresh snow while we are there. They are saying that LCC is getting 7-10" today!

Here's hoping my "mid-size SUV Toyota RAV4 4 or similar" ends up being an AWD model. Sometimes you get lucky - will today be the day?

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post

Here's hoping my "mid-size SUV Toyota RAV4 4 or similar" ends up being an AWD model. Sometimes you get lucky - will today be the day?
                            I don't know how that works. We ordered a mid size last year and got a Subaru Outback and this year our SUV turned out to be an AWD Ford Edge. But, you can't specify or request that when you make the reservation. You can upgrade at the desk. In fact they often offer us upgrades for free because they have too many vehicles of a certain size. So ask!

Today both Canyon roads are 4X4 only. That means that we would have to take the Ski Bus today, or try to "get away" with it. The bus is a pain, but now that we know where it originates, we can at least be first on the bus and get a seat. Lets hope that the roads are clear enough for 4x4 recommendation only. I know we have at least a couple of 4x4/AWD vehicles in the group so we can car pool everyone.

Comment

I don't know how that works. We ordered a mid size last year and got a Subaru Outback and this year our SUV turned out to be an AWD Ford Edge. But, you can't specify or request that when you make the reservation. You can upgrade at the desk. In fact they often offer us upgrades for free because they have too many vehicles of a certain size. So ask!

Today both Canyon roads are 4X4 only. That means that we would have to take the Ski Bus today, or try to "get away" with it. The bus is a pain, but now that we know where it originates, we can at least be first on the bus and get a seat. Lets hope that the roads are clear enough for 4x4 recommendation only. I know we have at least a couple of 4x4/AWD vehicles in the group so we can car pool everyone.
                              We will see what happens. Good to hear there are a couple AWD/4WD vehicles in the group. I'll let you know what I get. Just landed In PHX, then should be in SLC by 1pm

Comment

We are checking into the hotel at about 1. So
                                Give us a call once you are settled. There is a HUGE REI store near the hotel we can take you to

Comment

Working...
                                X