Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CKL
    replied
    So, was I too GINsane during the 5.1 meet to be welcomed back? Has enough time elapsed to where y'all have forgotten the weirdo who brought the wok? I missed the threads for the last two years but I'm on the ball this time... I kept looking for notices in "North America - Central" and figured I was just such an awkward dude that I utterly destroyed the meet forever. Glad to see that's not the case.

Luckily for you, even if you'd rather not have me around I have a pass for free travel and accommodations and would happily use it to pester you guys on that weekend anyway :P

In all seriousness though, please let me know if I'm unwelcome - I promise I won't be offended. If it's all good then I'd love to jump on this and save my pass for the weekend that I'm bringing my Mom to Bohemia. I'm still in Green Bay so if Andrew has room for another carpoolee, and he and Tim are willing to be stuck in a rolling metal tube with me for hours, count me in...

... at least, as a maybe for now. Depends on what the lodging situation is going to be. I've got a collapsible hammock+stand that I'm already using as an everyday bed; would just need a place to set it up. Come to think of it, I've also got a mountain climbing mummy bag that's rated to -20 degrees - think I can get away with setting up camp in the woods? J/k... kinda.

Any plans/needs/wants for food other than going out to eat? I do love to cook (pepper steak and shrimp alfredo during the 5.1 meet for those who recall) just as much as I enjoy falling down mountains while standing, and I'm arguably better at the former than the latter. Otherwise, if snacks are going to be the go-to I'll be happy to do the shopping... just let me know what everyone is into.

[NOTE: I initially didn't read the thread beyond the first post SUCH WAS MY ENTHUSIASM about riding with y'all again. I'm all caught up now; nope, not changing anything in this post. I'm an unabashed, overenthusiastic plebeian even without the gin.]
    Last edited by CKL; 09-24-2016, 05:49 PM. Reason: grammar fixes and bad humor tweaks

Leave a comment:

• Courtney
    replied
    You and Tim might match!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• adeehr
    replied
    Welp, my wife is happy and sad. She's sad to see that the skiboarding ninja is no longer going to be, but happy I've actually bought snow pants that aren't 8 sizes too big because I'm not fat anymore! Blue I guess.

https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/produ...78545535&ev11=

Leave a comment:

• CrazyBoy-1
    replied
    Originally posted by g.dub View Post
    I feel bad for whoever has to clean that gigantic hot tub...
    Great, now I feel the need to go shower just from reading that...

Leave a comment:

• g.dub
    replied
    Yeah, I learned the article isn't particularly accurate today from some folks who work up there. No one's actually met the media-relations lady quoted in it and the hostel is going to be completely co-ed for obvious reasons, the sheer ratio. I feel bad for whoever has to clean that gigantic hot tub...

Leave a comment:

• Courtney
    replied
    After a long day riding, most of us are trying to avoid the "party vibe" they're trying to foster.

Cool to see they're planning individual girl / guy hostels. A couple years ago we ran into one poor girl who was sharing the entire hostel with a bunch of dudes. We'll see if it holds up when there are only a few girls and lots of guys.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Not sure if you guys saw this or not, but it looks like Mount Bohemia are in the process of constructing a new "hostel" for skiers. There will be two bunk rooms, one for the boys and one for the girls, with twelve beds in each. $45 a night all inclusive.

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2016/0...ter-party-vibe

Leave a comment:

• Courtney
    replied
    I reserved a Thursday - Sunday room. Less than 5 months away!

Leave a comment:

• adeehr
    replied
    Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
    I'm in as usual, and I'll plan to follow my normal routine of riding up with Daddy Deehr.
    What he said.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyBoy-1
    replied
    I'm in as usual, and I'll plan to follow my normal routine of riding up with Daddy Deehr.

Leave a comment:

• g.dub
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Courtney
    replied
    The one armed man returns! Glad you'll make it Jack!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jackschmid
    replied
    ill try to bring one-arm since you guys like him better

Leave a comment:

• jackschmid
    replied
    meee

Leave a comment:

• Courtney
    replied
    Busted! Definitely a bit early this year. I was planning out my winter trips and figured I'd go all out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X