X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Courtney View Post
    Quick update time!

Attendance
    - Jack won't be able to make it anymore, but is hoping to make it out to the .2 trip.

Lodging
    - Crystal and I will share a room, so it would make sense for Brick and Sam to split a room and share costs.

Weather
    Even though the weather isn't looking like we'd expect for January there should be decent coverage and good times.

I will be arriving around 7-8 pm tomorrow night to the AmericInn. Brick is welcome to share and split the cost for the room that I have booked.
    Boards:
    RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
    RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
    RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
    RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
    Bomber Elite2
    RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
    Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
    Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by g.dub View Post
      I'm in need of a 110 DLP, and would glady take the board of your hands, did you mean Revolt 105 or 110?
      I have one skiboard from a set of 2014 DLP's (110cm) that you can have just for the cost of shipping if you are interested. I can upload pics if you want. I can't remember what side of the "eye" graphic is the good board. The other board has a spun insert.

Comment

• Originally posted by g.dub View Post
        Right now I have dinner resverations for 15 at Carmalita's for 7 PM, The lifts on Friday are running until 9 pm by a stroke of luck so I could change it if necessary. Thoughts?
        I think we'll still be ready for a good meal at 7. Especially if it's raining!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tyler and I will be getting there 7-9 depending on traffic, getting up, and how heavy we foot it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CKL View Post
            I'd be interested in the bindings - I have a pair of softflex Revolt Trees and some KTPs, but only one pair of bomber bindings between therm (and some friends who want to try skiboarding). Would you be willing to bring them both up? What are you thinking for prices? If you're willing to cut a deal I might grab them both from ya so I have a set for the next boards I get.

I'll be bringing my KTPs (for their inaugural run, at least under my ownership) and Revolts... it'd be nice to be able to swap between them without having to change over the bindings.

EDIT: I'd be interested in the spare Revolt you have too if g.dub doesn't want it. I don't think it'd pair well with my softflex Revolts, but I'm fairly certain I'll be getting another (standard) pair and it'd be nice to have a backup in case of breakage. Plus, I like the mismatched board look
            Only looking to sell one pair of bindings as i need the others on my skis, im just impartial and willing to sell whichever someone else wanted. I have no idea the going rate of either. but both are packed and coming so we can talk this weekend.

Comment

• Bohemia

I didn't know that Bohemia was this weekend.

I was speaking to Adam at skis.com yesterday (you can see his ski review vids on utube) While talking to him I was telling him about the changes over the years compared to Salomon blades and told him about this site which he was checking out while talking to him. He was very impressed and interested.

If there is another get together at Bohemia someone might want to let him know as he would definitely come and bring some of the other testers with him. Skis.com isn't far from Detroit.

Comment

• Sos

So I may have had a few too many cocktails last night on my stay over in Chicago and I left my jacket at a bar...

If anyone can bring me an extra jacket I would owe you big time. I should have enough other layers so even if its just a shell something waterproof since the weather is looking a little wet. Mens large/XL should do.

Please and thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by bec2745 View Post
                  So I may have had a few too many cocktails last night on my stay over in Chicago and I left my jacket at a bar...

If anyone can bring me an extra jacket I would owe you big time. I should have enough other layers so even if its just a shell something waterproof since the weather is looking a little wet. Mens large/XL should do.

Please and thank you.
                  I have an extra orange and white XL jacket I used to fit into I will bring along. We'll be there in the afternoon on Friday.
                  Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

• Originally posted by bec2745 View Post
                    Only looking to sell one pair of bindings as i need the others on my skis, im just impartial and willing to sell whichever someone else wanted. I have no idea the going rate of either. but both are packed and coming so we can talk this weekend.
                    Derp. I forgot to talk to you about bindings last night. I'll catch up with you today at Bohemia.
                    Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

• Spring in January

The drive to the Keweenaw felt noticeably different this time around. The roads were clear, the sun was shining and it was 50 degrees. It felt just like our last trip to Bohemia... in March. Once the sun was down, temperatures dropped into the low 40s which was still 20 to 30 degrees warmer than we would expect in January. As we rolled into Calumet we were met with thick fog that made it difficult to see the hotel driveway.

It was 25 degrees when we woke up Friday morning. All of the slush in the parking lot was frozen solid. We opted for a slightly later start to let the snow soften up. By 11am the snow was pretty nice and it felt like spring riding with much better coverage. The weather kept people away and we didn't have to wait for a chair all day. While it wasn't the powder we expect in January, we had a great time. As we drove back to Calumet, it started to rain. After dinner and some time at George's bar, the roads and parking lots were super slippery.

This morning it's 33 degrees, and the rain is done. We're hoping for another day of soft snow and no crowds. If the rain holds off until 5pm we'll be in good shape!

Here's the view from the top of the hill with some interesting clouds moving in.

Comment

• Saturday and Sunday we had spring conditions, temperatures in the mid to high 30s and fog. Visibility was limited at times, but we still had a blast.

Thanks to everyone who made it out!

14 riders from 8 states!
                        Crystal, Tim, Tyler, John, Brian, Jake, Sam, Marshall, Nick, Clark, George, Courtney, Brick, Andrew

Waiting for the bus

Comment

• Definitely a much more low key event, but I still had a good time. The lower visibility was a bit of a bummer, but the snow conditions were decent.

We're sitting at MKE waiting to head back home, where it's warm and rainy. Definitely looking forward to the .2 meet!
                          RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Let's plan for 8.2 here: https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16618

Comment

• I took some pics

Hope you like fog with your photos...

http://imgur.com/a/OrOVl
                              Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

• Our old tree has fallen, but we found another!

Partial group

Bases up!

Comment

Working...
                                X