No announcement yet.

Midwest Meet 2017 - Mount Bohemia, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I learned the article isn't particularly accurate today from some folks who work up there. No one's actually met the media-relations lady quoted in it and the hostel is going to be completely co-ed for obvious reasons, the sheer ratio. I feel bad for whoever has to clean that gigantic hot tub...

Comment

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
      I feel bad for whoever has to clean that gigantic hot tub...
      Great, now I feel the need to go shower just from reading that...
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Welp, my wife is happy and sad. She's sad to see that the skiboarding ninja is no longer going to be, but happy I've actually bought snow pants that aren't 8 sizes too big because I'm not fat anymore! Blue I guess.

https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/produ...78545535&ev11=
        Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

You and Tim might match!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

So, was I too GINsane during the 5.1 meet to be welcomed back? Has enough time elapsed to where y'all have forgotten the weirdo who brought the wok? I missed the threads for the last two years but I'm on the ball this time... I kept looking for notices in "North America - Central" and figured I was just such an awkward dude that I utterly destroyed the meet forever. Glad to see that's not the case.

Luckily for you, even if you'd rather not have me around I have a pass for free travel and accommodations and would happily use it to pester you guys on that weekend anyway :P

In all seriousness though, please let me know if I'm unwelcome - I promise I won't be offended. If it's all good then I'd love to jump on this and save my pass for the weekend that I'm bringing my Mom to Bohemia. I'm still in Green Bay so if Andrew has room for another carpoolee, and he and Tim are willing to be stuck in a rolling metal tube with me for hours, count me in...

... at least, as a maybe for now. Depends on what the lodging situation is going to be. I've got a collapsible hammock+stand that I'm already using as an everyday bed; would just need a place to set it up. Come to think of it, I've also got a mountain climbing mummy bag that's rated to -20 degrees - think I can get away with setting up camp in the woods? J/k... kinda.

Any plans/needs/wants for food other than going out to eat? I do love to cook (pepper steak and shrimp alfredo during the 5.1 meet for those who recall) just as much as I enjoy falling down mountains while standing, and I'm arguably better at the former than the latter. Otherwise, if snacks are going to be the go-to I'll be happy to do the shopping... just let me know what everyone is into.

[NOTE: I initially didn't read the thread beyond the first post SUCH WAS MY ENTHUSIASM about riding with y'all again. I'm all caught up now; nope, not changing anything in this post. I'm an unabashed, overenthusiastic plebeian even without the gin.]
            Last edited by CKL; 09-24-2016, 05:49 PM. Reason: grammar fixes and bad humor tweaks
            Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

Welcome back! Always welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                You and Tim might match!

Well, at least REI has a nice return policy if I match Tim!

Yup Clark, at this point we should have open spots!
                Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

Comment

Originally posted by adeehr View Post
                  Well, at least REI has a nice return policy if I match Tim!

Yup Clark, at this point we should have open spots!
                  Twinning!!!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

In. Put me in whatever room is available.

Comment

Release bindings!

So I guess I haven't been checking this lately and noticed all the posts I have missed. You can assume John and I will be there again this year, but we will just be getting back from a week out in Steamboat Springs, so it might be a little tough to make it happen, but we will try our best.

On another note, I am looking for a set of release bindings for my wife. She is definitely enjoying ski boarding, but would feel much better if she had a set of release bindings. I posted about this on another thread in the forum, but didn't have any success. Any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by jake.newhouse View Post
                        So I guess I haven't been checking this lately and noticed all the posts I have missed. You can assume John and I will be there again this year, but we will just be getting back from a week out in Steamboat Springs, so it might be a little tough to make it happen, but we will try our best.

On another note, I am looking for a set of release bindings for my wife. She is definitely enjoying ski boarding, but would feel much better if she had a set of release bindings. I posted about this on another thread in the forum, but didn't have any success. Any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
                        Hey Jake, I've got a pair of Spruce Pro Primes that I don't really use anymore. I would want to sell it with the Spruce 120's, because otherwise I'd have no bindings to put on the 120's. Hit me up on a PM or on Facebook if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
                          In. Put me in whatever room is available.
                          So far I think we only have two rooms reserved. Want to reserve another?

Comment

If more space is needed for Andrew's carpool I can take my own vehicle from Green Bay. There's a chance I might opt to bring my own car anyway; I'm into "no food/rest stops" driving and would like to leave in the wee AM hours on Friday to get a whole day in on the slopes so long as the lift opening doesn't look like it'll be delayed due to wind. I'd have room for +1 passenger and a few hundred pounds of gear - I have a 4 door hatchback with the rear seats removed to make it a mini-minivan

Kind of a thinking-out-loud thing. I figure that the more information and possibilities we share sooner, the more accommodating things become. So I guess put me down as a "maybe" on Andrew's carpool, and a "maybe" for a mini-pool via my car.
                            Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

That may be your best option if you want to get lots of riding in on Friday. Andrew and I normally have a bit more of a leisurely approach and arrive in the afternoon to ride just the last couple hours before the lifts stop.

Comment

Consider me in!

I will check with my buddy Ben who came with me last year to see if he's also in.
                                Boards:
                                RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
                                RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
                                RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
                                RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
                                Bomber Elite2
                                RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
                                Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
                                Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment