No announcement yet.

Midwest Meet 2017 - Mount Bohemia, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I have to be honest and put this out there. As much as I wish, the video from 8 days out is not reflective of the conditions that are going to be at the meet. We're looking at Sunny days in the 30's now, some kind of god forsaken heat wave going on. what does this mean? Spring style conditions! No jackets required! Forget that snow mask.. Soft soft snow, carvable but not deep. Ice warnings for the morning hours. We've got a great base but as we know, Bohemia is completely ungroomed with zero snow making capabilities. I know where the stashes are but there were 1000 people at Bohemia last Saturday. Lonnies been marketing the hill to everyone now, and the pile of broken bones has been more this season thus far than any other year! On Saturday a girl broke her femur and shattered her acl and broke a knee.. this is what happens to noobs who go off the ice fall. These conditions actually lend themselves quite well skiboards, you won't be needing your ultra wides. I have to put this out there, it will be fast, soft, sunny, but very unforgiving.

Comment

• Thanks for the update, George. I may have to switch up what boards I was planning to bring along.
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Spring riding???? George I could kiss you. But not really, that wouldn't be right. Spring riding in Jan. I'll take it with great pleasure. Finish up Bohemia and then to the warm sunny beaches of Florida when I get home. Ahhhh....

Comment

• Fingers still crossed we get some fresh droppings at night, but it looks like I'll be on my Lions as opposed to my shiny new Sova's. Skies are supposed to be cloudy actually but the high for friday is 39 and 37 on saturday and sunday. That being said, our current snow accumulation is 174 inches at Bohemia.

Comment

• Considering that my total snow accumulation this season has been 0 inches, I'll take that.
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Does anyone have an need for an extra Revolt 110 in the green and yellow Tornado design. I have the 2nd to my broken set from a while back that Ive been hanging onto for no reason. Ill bring along if someone wants it for free.

Also willing to bring along an extra set of bindins if someone wants to purchase. they went on said broken pair of Revolts. Either FF pro Blue or Receptors in Gold.

Let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by g.dub View Post
                I have a good feeling it will be well worth it, but if you need some cash I could arrange to have you work at my bar on friday or saturday night!
                I would totally guest bartend for a few hours just for the fun of it!

Comment

• Originally posted by bec2745 View Post
                  Does anyone have an need for an extra Revolt 110 in the green and yellow Tornado design. I have the 2nd to my broken set from a while back that Ive been hanging onto for no reason. Ill bring along if someone wants it for free.

Also willing to bring along an extra set of bindins if someone wants to purchase. they went on said broken pair of Revolts. Either FF pro Blue or Receptors in Gold.

Let me know.
                  I have a single 110 DLP board I'm willing to donate the other half to if needed - someone just needs to cover shipping. Stripped the threads on one insert and while trying to repair spun the insert. . . So now only one good board. So if anyone wants to pair the two (mine and bec2745's) you can have mine - different designs but that shouldn't matter.

Comment

• Just grabbed the gopro out of the closet to get ready and figured I'd watch the footage from the second meet last year before I deleted it. Remember that nice couple that gave us a ride back because the bus was too slow?

Comment

• Hahaha so good! They were the nicest people

Comment

• Quick update time!

Attendance
                        - Jack won't be able to make it anymore, but is hoping to make it out to the .2 trip.

Lodging
                        - Crystal and I will share a room, so it would make sense for Brick and Sam to split a room and share costs.

Weather
                        Even though the weather isn't looking like we'd expect for January there should be decent coverage and good times.

Comment

Does anyone have an need for an extra Revolt 110 in the green and yellow Tornado design. I have the 2nd to my broken set from a while back that Ive been hanging onto for no reason. Ill bring along if someone wants it for free.

Let me know.
                          I'd be interested in the bindings - I have a pair of softflex Revolt Trees and some KTPs, but only one pair of bomber bindings between therm (and some friends who want to try skiboarding). Would you be willing to bring them both up? What are you thinking for prices? If you're willing to cut a deal I might grab them both from ya so I have a set for the next boards I get.

I'll be bringing my KTPs (for their inaugural run, at least under my ownership) and Revolts... it'd be nice to be able to swap between them without having to change over the bindings.

EDIT: I'd be interested in the spare Revolt you have too if g.dub doesn't want it. I don't think it'd pair well with my softflex Revolts, but I'm fairly certain I'll be getting another (standard) pair and it'd be nice to have a backup in case of breakage. Plus, I like the mismatched board look
                          Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                            Quick update time!

Attendance
                            - Jack won't be able to make it anymore, but is hoping to make it out to the .2 trip.
                            - Jake is a maybe at this point.

Lodging
                            - Crystal and I will share a room, so it would make sense for Brick and Sam to split a room and share costs.
                            - If Jake doesn't end up making it, they'll have an extra bed available at the Street Car so someone in the Andrew, Tim, Nick room might want to crash there.

Weather
                            Even though the weather isn't looking like we'd expect for January there should be decent coverage and good times.

Why am I a maybe? I will definitely be there!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jake.newhouse View Post
                              Why am I a maybe? I will definitely be there!!
                              Oops, that must have been an old Facebook message? Well good!

Comment

I'm in need of a 110 DLP, and would glady take the board of your hands, did you mean Revolt 105 or 110?

I'll show you around the bar on Friday, lol.

Right now I have dinner resverations for 15 at Carmalita's for 7 PM, The lifts on Friday are running until 9 pm by a stroke of luck so I could change it if necessary. Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X