Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrazyBoy-1
    replied
    Considering that my total snow accumulation this season has been 0 inches, I'll take that.

Leave a comment:

• g.dub
    replied
    Fingers still crossed we get some fresh droppings at night, but it looks like I'll be on my Lions as opposed to my shiny new Sova's. Skies are supposed to be cloudy actually but the high for friday is 39 and 37 on saturday and sunday. That being said, our current snow accumulation is 174 inches at Bohemia.

Leave a comment:

• Mavrick
    replied
    Spring riding???? George I could kiss you. But not really, that wouldn't be right. Spring riding in Jan. I'll take it with great pleasure. Finish up Bohemia and then to the warm sunny beaches of Florida when I get home. Ahhhh....

Leave a comment:

• CrazyBoy-1
    replied
    Thanks for the update, George. I may have to switch up what boards I was planning to bring along.

Leave a comment:

• g.dub
    replied
    Yeah, I have to be honest and put this out there. As much as I wish, the video from 8 days out is not reflective of the conditions that are going to be at the meet. We're looking at Sunny days in the 30's now, some kind of god forsaken heat wave going on. what does this mean? Spring style conditions! No jackets required! Forget that snow mask.. Soft soft snow, carvable but not deep. Ice warnings for the morning hours. We've got a great base but as we know, Bohemia is completely ungroomed with zero snow making capabilities. I know where the stashes are but there were 1000 people at Bohemia last Saturday. Lonnies been marketing the hill to everyone now, and the pile of broken bones has been more this season thus far than any other year! On Saturday a girl broke her femur and shattered her acl and broke a knee.. this is what happens to noobs who go off the ice fall. These conditions actually lend themselves quite well skiboards, you won't be needing your ultra wides. I have to put this out there, it will be fast, soft, sunny, but very unforgiving.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyBoy-1
    replied
    Looks promising to me. I just wish I was in better shape for this weekend. I'm dreading the Bohemia Burn already.

Also, I can't find my cat shirt...

Leave a comment:

• CKL
    replied
    Originally posted by g.dub View Post
    No rain so far. The Temps for this week are supposed to rise, hoping they don't get too high but low 30s looks likely. Hopefully we get dumped on each night. Could be great soft stuff with Sunlight. No SoundCloud, yet anyway. Here's the local headline from yesterday... priceless...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    YES!

I mean, not the upcoming warm temps... but the ridiculous amount of snow up there is promising!

Leave a comment:

• g.dub
    replied
    No rain so far. The Temps for this week are supposed to rise, hoping they don't get too high but low 30s looks likely. Hopefully we get dumped on each night. Could be great soft stuff with Sunlight. No SoundCloud, yet anyway. Here's the local headline from yesterday... priceless...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CKL
    replied
    Originally posted by g.dub View Post
    Conditions 8 days out, sorry for the lack luster angels still working on getting the right mount. Music by yours truly.
    Very cool. Coverage looks great! Has there been any melt & refreeze/freezing rain going on up there this month? That's literally all that's happening here in NE WI this winter :/

Insofar as "the right mount" I'll be bringing my accessory kit that's somewhere upwards of 100 pieces... it's actually two accessory kits. I numerous duplicate mounts & accessories. If there's anything I have two of that would work for ya you're welcome to have it.

Also, happen to have a soundcloud link to your music? I'd love to hear what your more intense tracks are like!

Leave a comment:

• ElkCloner
    replied
    No rocks or grass. It's gonna be great.

Leave a comment:

• Courtney
    replied
    Looking good! Can’t wait

Leave a comment:

• g.dub
    replied
    Conditions 8 days out, sorry for the lack luster angels still working on getting the right mount. Music by yours truly.

Leave a comment:

• CKL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
    Doesn't bother me I camped in two feet of snow last year in single digit temps.
    Yeah! A fellow winter camper! One of my _FAVORITE_ yearly adventures growing up was spending December weekends in the Nicolet forest without one of those "cabins" the wimps used. Then I got into skiing, and suddenly I had better things to do with my days off of school in the winter.

Leave a comment:

• Mavrick
    replied
    Originally posted by CKL View Post
    Oh well. Maybe we should just build an igloo in a secluded spot one of these years
    Doesn't bother me I camped in two feet of snow last year in single digit temps.

Leave a comment:

• CKL
    replied
    Oh well. Maybe we should just build an igloo in a secluded spot one of these years

Leave a comment:

Working...
X