No announcement yet.

Midwest Meet 2016 - Mount Bohemia, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, my expectations were met and then some. The Condors + Modified snowboard bindings were a big hit with the crowd. I got alot of "Those are SiiiiiCCCkkk!!" . My action cam chest mount kind of sucks though so I ended up with a lot of shoe gazing footage, shows off those boards in dat der tho. Get pumped!

Comment

• Looks nice!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• The conditions look much better than I thought they were going to. Definitely pumped to get up there. Have only been out once this year, so my conditioning is going to be subpar for sure!

This is a final shout out for anybody that needs a ride and/or a place to stay. Below are the details:

John and I are taking my Subaru Forester up to Bohemia. We will be leaving late Thursday night because of a work event I have. Hopefully leaving around 8ish on Thursday and driving as far as Eagle River or maybe Land O Lakes, staying the night there, getting up early and finishing the drive from there. We will be staying all day Sunday, and possibly even skiing on Monday depending on how we feel, what we have going on, and if we can even walk after 3 days of skiing. I am not concerned if you can't help with gas money or anything like that, you just need to be able to have some flexibility in your schedule. We have room for at least 1 person, and could add a 2nd if there was a need.

Lodging: John and I have a 2 bedroom apartment rented in Calumet. This is where the rest of the gang is hanging out. We plan on using the swimming pool and hot tub there and hanging out with the group too. The total for 2 nights is $265. Right now it is just John and myself. We have a whole bedroom with a king size bed still available if anyone wants to or needs to scoop it up! If we have 3 of us, your total for lodging for the weekend will basically be $90. We could fit a 4th person if they want to share the king size bed or crash on one of the couches. Total then would be $66.25 total for both nights.

I just wanted to throw that all out there if we get some last minute planners out there. Excited to get up there in a few days!!

Comment

• I was riding in over 2ft of powder at mnt Ripley today. Snow hasnt stopped.
          Nick Schaefer

Comment

• That makes me very happy. I haven't gotten out at all this season, so Bohemia will be where I break in my legs. Having some nice der will definitely help there.

As is usually the case, we are supposed to get a good bit of snow here while I'm away. Irony
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Another Midwest Meet successfully concluded, and I only have one thing to say:

Meow
              RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• The Swarm -minus the skiers and snowboarders

Comment

• Originally posted by g.dub View Post

The Swarm -minus the skiers and snowboarders
                  If you zoom in on the picture and look closely to the left below crazyboy, you'll notice how the tree is bending with the extra weight
                  Boards:
                  RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
                  RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
                  RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
                  RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
                  Bomber Elite2
                  RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
                  Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
                  Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment

• Great time as always. A huge thanks to everyone for making the trip! High fives to the Sunday crew for the crazy cliff

Little boohoo crew

Squad tree

Is that a snow chunk or a dead thing? Let's go back and look.

Get well soon.

Meow.

Comment

• Also, Lonie liked our little boho photo on instagram, so we've officially made it big.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Midwest Meet 2016 - Mount Bohemia, MI

I view from above. Need everyone to lay down on the hill and write something or make a cat image next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Meow

Comment

• Awesome time as always everyone! Even if I'm a little butt hurt
                            Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

• Thanks for making the trip T-bone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                                Get well soon.
                                He's dead, Jim.

Comment

Working...
                                X