Midwest Meet 6.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Meet 6.2

I figured I'd go ahead and start a new thread for the .2 meet this year to keep things distinct. I know that about eight of us expressed interest in going back to Bohemia, but we need to set a date. My best availability is February 20-22 and March 6-8. I could make the weekend of February 27 to March 1 work, but I'd have to cancel some other plans. March 14 and 15 I have definite commitments that I can't back out of, so that will not work for me. Post up what works for you, and we'll see what we can figure out. If possible, I'd like to have the date set by this weekend, so I can make the necessary arrangements at work. It would also be good to get lodging set sooner rather than later to give us more options.

For all of you who didn't make it to the meet this past weekend, this is your chance to join us. It never fails that every year we get people either posting that they didn't know about the meet (it's happened every January for the last six years) or saying that we look like we're having fun and they're thinking of coming out. The terrain is rough, but we don't leave anyone behind, and I've seen new people increase their skill level just from riding with us and learning how to handle the glades. If you can control yourself easily and don't mind falling while you learn, this is a great mountain to ride on skiboards, and we always have a good time together.

EDIT:
    The dates for the Midwest Meet 6.2 will be February 27th to March 1st. The location will, of course, be Mount Bohemia in the UP of Michigan.

Expected Attendees:
    Courtney
    Brick
    George
    Nick
    Jake
    John

Potential Attendees:
    Patrick
    Sam
    Tyler
    Brian (who is not a girl)

Backed-out Losers
    Tim

Lodging:
    Local - Nick, George

Super 8 Houghton - Courtney, Brick

Carpools:
    Courtney [Pickup at MSP Thursday, 2 spots]

Jake/John [Pickup a MKE Friday, 2 spots]

I will update this first post with lodging and travel info as I get it, so please let me know if you book a room, or if you are able to provide transport (carpool). Also make sure all the info looks correct.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Hey Tim, thanks for getting this conversation started!

I'm pretty flexible, but March 7th is the Mardi Gras event and I'd like to avoid that mess all together if possible.

Comment

I'm pretty flexible, I know around late march ill be gone for the weekend. Ill figure out those dates buy the end of the week and get back with ya
      Nick Schaefer

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
        Hey Tim, thanks for getting this conversation started!

I'm pretty flexible, but March 7th is the Mardi Gras event and I'd like to avoid that mess all together if possible.
        Good call on that. I forgot to check what the date was for the Mardi Gras weekend.

It looks like we'll have plenty of snow here on the east coast. I'm in Boston waiting to head to BWI, and I'm already hearing from people around my home area that we're going to get hammered. It'd be nice if that could happen at Bohemia right before the .2 meet.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I can make February 20-22 work.

Comment

Any of these dates should work for me:

February 20 - 22
            February 27 - March 1
            March 13 - 15
            March 27 - 29

This winter has been unpredictable and warm, so it might be best not to push it too far in case the season is short.

I'll have room for 2 in my car, which will likely not be the GTI if we're aiming for February. Dropped her off at my parent's house for upgrades on our way back from 6.1. 99 Camry represent! I'm also open to splitting the cost of a rental if we need room for more people.

Comment

March 13 - 15
              March 20 - 22

The above dates work best for me. As always I got room for anyone stopping by Detroit or from the area.
              Boards:
              RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
              RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
              RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
              RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
              Bomber Elite2
              RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
              Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
              Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment

I've heard back from a few people that the 20-22 is going to be too early, so we may need to look at the 2/27-3/1 weekend. I can make that work if I juggle some responsibilities.

Sam, would that be too early for you, or could you make that weekend?

So far, that weekend will work for:
                Tim
                Courtney
                Jake
                John
                Nick (assumed since local)
                George (")
                Brick

Potential:
                Sam
                Patrick

Comment

That weekend is tough for me to juggle.
                  It would be a last minute type of deal if I make it that weekend.
                  Boards:
                  RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
                  RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
                  RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
                  RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
                  Bomber Elite2
                  RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
                  Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
                  Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment

27th-1st works for me.

Comment

I can make any weekend work except for March 20-22.
                      Nick Schaefer

Comment

Hey all; not sure if when2meet (http://www.when2meet.com) would be helpful for this. Someone can set it up, share the link, and everyone "paints" what works for them. I do only used it for group meetings, but it should work for something like this. Awesome to see pictures from Bohemia.

Comment

I'll keep that in mind for future planning. Right now, it looks like February 27-March 1 will work for most people. I'm just waiting for confirmation from a couple people. Once I have that, I'll update the first post with info. We can then start planning lodging and travel.

Comment

Lake effect snow started at Bohemia Friday night and they're anticipating that it will last about a week. Hopefully they'll get a few of these systems before we're back.

Comment

It would be great to have some nice fresh der to ride next time. Conditions at the 6.1 were still plenty fun (and fast), but I do love to play in the fluffy stuff.

First post had been updated, and I will continue to update as we get organized.

Comment

Working...
                              X