Midwest Meet 6.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
    I expect someone to assume the mantle of cliff-dropper in my absence.
    It will be a team effort.

Comment

Lol!!
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

It looks like there won't be much lake effect action now that Lake Superior is almost completely frozen again... but we'll still have more snow than Tahoe

I'll pick Brick up around noon, so we should arrive in Houghton around 7:30.

I was thinking it might be fun to hit up Mont Ripley, but by the time we get there that'd only give us about an hour to ride.

Comment

Yeah, $35 for an hour doesn't seem worth it.

What about Friday evening?

Comment

I'm open to Friday evening if we're feeling up to it! Their weekend hours are kind of limited, so if we're going to go, Friday would be our best option.

Friday 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
            Saturday 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
            Sunday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
            Monday-Thursday 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Comment

http://www.tetongravity.com/story/sk...hemia-rhapsody

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                I'm open to Friday evening if we're feeling up to it! Their weekend hours are kind of limited, so if we're going to go, Friday would be our best option.

Friday 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
                Saturday 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
                Sunday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
                Monday-Thursday 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm
                We'll make it a definite maybe for Friday!

Spotted the tree!

Comment

I wont be able to make it Friday due to classes, but I will be able to make it Saturday and hopefully Sunday!
                  Nick Schaefer

Comment

Mount Bohemia just made an interesting announcement.

"SNOWCAT SKIING COMES TO THE MIDWEST NEXT SEASON!
                    Mount Bohemia will be opening up a new ski area just south of Copper harbor. The mountain has close to a 700 foot vertical drop and the property is 1800 acres making it when fully built out the largest ski area for acreage in the Midwest. The plan is to offer snowcat skiing on Wednesdays and Saturdays next year.

The initial plan is for the cat skiing operation to operate Wednesdays and Saturdays next season. Daily cost will be $150 a person for a whole day of cat skiing."

More info

$150 for a day of cat skiing for less than the price of one Vail lift ticket!

Comment

Definitely needs to be a part of 7.0

Comment

$150/day? Yea, no thanks.

Interesting idea, but I'm just waiting to see how Lonnie messes it up, with that price, that'll do it!
                        Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Oh, plus this:

Voodoo Mountain will offer a more intermeadiate terrain than Bohemia in contrast to the rugged adventure of the steeper Mount Bohemia.

For $150/day? To have intermediate terrain (they spelled intermediate wrong on their site and slow lifts from a Cat? Novelty.
                          Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

I missed the intermediate part. That's lame.

But 24 people skiing that much terrain a week means it wont be tracked out. Even when I went to bohemia opening weekend after a storm it was a little tracked out.

Comment

I missed the intermediate part too. That's too bad. We've always found fresh stuff even when there hadn't been snow for a while.

Comment

I just got assigned to a Army detail on Saturday morning, I don't think ill be able to make it.

You guys still going to be skiing on Sunday?
                                Nick Schaefer

Comment

Working...
                                X