No announcement yet.

Midwest Meet 6.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delayed response, all. I had a hectic day yesterday, so I wasn't on the forums much.

I'm definitely down for a full three-day even for the .2 to maximize value. I might as well get the most out of my flight fare.

First post updated with lodging and carpool information to the best of my knowledge.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Im gunna throw my hat in the ring here and say maybe. Like 5% maybe. But I might be able to swing the wqeekend off work. If the snow looks good and if I can snag a cheap flight I might pull the trigger last minute. Elk Said you guys missed me at 6.1 <3.

If flights don't work out is anyone driving along what would be my possible route either taking me through Detroit or Milwaukee?

Comment

He lives! We'd love to have you join us if you can, Brian. It's ironic that you've ridden at Bohemia, but you've never actually been to a Midwest Meet.

Your options for Detroit would be to catch a ride with Sam. From Milwaukee, you could go with Jake and John. If you're looking to be last minute, that might be your best option since they are only heading up on Friday. It looks like Sam will be a last minute call as well, so I wouldn't count on that as a ride.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

True I have ridden here before. I did the 12 of the 16 hour drive with GOM many years ago in December before the inaugural Meet at Bohemia. We got there on opening day and conditions were EPIC. We slept in my car for 2 days and then drove back. Then had to bail on the actual meet up.

Ok well ill give it another week or so and see how the dust settles. Good to know there are possible options for both routs in addition to flying.

Theres also Hostel Beds still available at the resort it seems for $35 a night. Id be down for that also.

Comment

Originally posted by bec2745 View Post
            Theres also Hostel Beds still available at the resort it seems for $35 a night. Id be down for that also.
            I'd recommend not going for that option. A couple people stayed in the hostel yurt when they got to the mountain earlier than the rest one year. It wasn't a positive experience from what I understand. If nothing else, I'm sure you could crash on the floor in one of the hotel rooms.

Comment

Comment

Just got a Bohemia report, 3 feet in 10 days and the lake-effect continues. If this keeps up, you guys are going to have awesome conditions for 6.2.

So jealous!

With the temps we're having here we'll be water skiing at Shredfest.
                Boards/Bindings:
                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Yeah, I'm hoping this trend continues, so we'll have some nice fluffy 'der for the meet.

Comment

It is with a heavy heart and great sense of shame that I must announce my withdrawal from the 6.2 meet. I have labored mentally over this for the last few days, and I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that it would be financially irresponsible for me to spend the required money to travel out to the UP again. This will be the first meet that I have not made it too, which will break my streak. It sucks, but sometimes one must act like a responsible adult. It is my hope that you all have an absolutely epic meet, so that I may be insanely jealous when the footage is released.

Comment

Comment

If this is about being the old fat guy, you don't need to feel self conscious around us

Comment

Bummer Tim, always a pleasure shredding with you. I have to work both Friday and Saturday nights of the meet so I'll have to keep my riding kind of casual that weekend anyway...until sunday.

Comment

Hearing you mention responsible after seeing you jump off cliffs between trees doesn't seem to fit. Sorry you can't make it.
                            I'm headed up Thursday night with some old friends. A couple guys riding 2x4s so I'll be on the front areas most of Friday.
                            I might need a ride back to the hotel Friday night if you have room as they will head home from the hill around 3.
                            Jake will be up late Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikeplatt View Post
                              I might need a ride back to the hotel Friday night if you have room as they will head home from the hill around 3.
                              Should be room in my car as it's looking like Brick and I will be the only ones in my ride. No reply from Patrick lately.

Comment

I expect someone to assume the mantle of cliff-dropper in my absence.

Comment

Working...
                                X