Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westfest 2015

WESTFEST 2015

Come ski four of the best ski resorts, in four days, on the best snow on earth, at America's Ski Town! Come for a few days or all four. Everyone is welcome.

Friday January 30th 2015 - Alta Ski Area

Saturday January 31st 2015 - Solitude Mountain Resort

Sunday February 1st 2015 - Brighton Ski Resort

Monday February 2nd 2015 - Snowbird

Saturday Night - Westfest Banquet, TBA

Sunday Night - Superbowl Party
    Just these, nothing else !

The Resorts (linked)

Alta Ski Area

Solitude Mountain Resort

Brighton Ski Resort

Snowbird

Comment

Lift Tickets

The Ski Salt Lake site offers a four day Superpass to the four resorts, for four days, for $304!. It also includes free transportation on the Salt lake Ski Bus, Trax System and City Buses. The Ski Bus savings total $38 making the average ticket price $66.50. The pass is very flexible and allows you to ski any resort on any day, great for powder chasing. It is good for the whole 2014/15 season but has to be used within fourteen days of activation.

Alternatively tickets are available on Liftopia for the following prices at the time of posting;

Alta $72
      Solitude $68
      Brighton $45
      Snowbird $57

Please note that these tickets do not include the Ski Bus cost and are non refundable. They are only good for the dates purchased and the resorts they are issued for, unless you pay extra.

Transportation

Salt lake City International Airport is serviced by all the major airlines with many direct flights. Southwest Airlines offers some great deals into Salt lake. They also allow two free bags. For example flights from Phoenix cost $144, round trip with two free bags.

There is a an airport shuttle that runs to most of the hotels and the City has an extensive Trax (light rail) and bus system.

The City also had a Ski Bus that services the four resorts from downton Salt Lake, Midvale and Sandy. You can catch the bus from many of the area hotels, the Traxx terminal or several Park and Ride locations. This enables you to stay without the need for a rental car. If you do rent a car you do not need 4X4 capability if you take the Ski Bus up the Cottonwood Canyons.

Lodging

There are many lodging options from budget motels to resort accommodation. The most convenient areas for the ski resorts are those of Midvale and Sandy, just south of Salt Lake City. These areas are only 30 minutes from the airport and all four resorts. There are plenty of restaurant, shopping and entertainment options in the area. The linked map shows the Ski Bus Route. Scroll down to the bottom left corner of the map to see the hotels serviced by the Ski Bus.

Comment

I'm totally down for this one. I know I'd actually be able to get time off work at the end of January. SF at Tahoe at the end of February is sketchy for me since I may not be able to get that time off.

If I'm going to SLC though, I really would want to spend one day doing the Ski Utah Interconnect Tour. That one's been on my list for a few years now.
        Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
        Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
        Full Tilt Boots
        Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

I'm in! Bought my Super Pass this morning.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Grrr....

this sounds so good.
            Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
            Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
            Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
              I'm in! Bought my Super Pass this morning.
              I have my flights and rental car booked, I'll get the pass tonight.

Are we there yet?

Comment

Westfest 2015

Originally posted by FightingForAir View Post
                I'm totally down for this one. I know I'd actually be able to get time off work at the end of January. SF at Tahoe at the end of February is sketchy for me since I may not be able to get that time off.

If I'm going to SLC though, I really would want to spend one day doing the Ski Utah Interconnect Tour. That one's been on my list for a few years now.
                Great! We have several folks signed up on the FB page already. Maybe someone would extend their visit to do the Interconnect with you. It would be a nice addition to the event.

Will any of your new prototypes be ready in time or can we just expect a Yeti sighting in the Wassach ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                  Great! We have several folks signed up on the FB page already. Maybe someone would extend their visit to do the Interconnect with you. It would be a nice addition to the event.

Will any of your new prototypes be ready in time or can we just expect a Yeti sighting in the Wassach ?

2 pair of Coda Yetis for sure. I don't know about the others yet. I just got the confirmed diagrams / design specs back from my manufacturer and sent payment off to cover the molds and 1 sample pair of each. I should know by early January if I'll have them in time for Westfest.
                  Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
                  Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
                  Full Tilt Boots
                  Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Sempai and Bad Wolf are staying at the Hampton Inn, Sandy. They have a hot breakfast, airport shuttle and a shuttle to the ski bus. If you are flying in and don't want the expense of a rental car, the Hampton would be a good choice. We do have a rental car between us so, could give a couple of folks a ride to things like dinner and shopping.

Comment

Bummer... we're a ready committed to Colorado over those dates. We'll definitely be in next season.
                      rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                      ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Originally posted by rickylink View Post
                        Bummer... we're a ready committed to Colorado over those dates. We'll definitely be in next season.
                        You know it won't be the same without you and Barb.

Comment

Do this in 2016 and I'm there!

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                            Do this in 2016 and I'm there!
                            We are planing to make this an annual event.

Comment

Forbes Annual Top Ten Ski Resorts in America list just came out, and three of our Westfest locations made the list;

Solitutde at number ten, Alta at number three and Snowbird at number two.

Plus, The Cottonwood Canyons are getting dumped on, The Opensnow Utah Daily Snow Report

So, if you are sitting at home, sunbathing, or dancing in the rain, it's not too late to book your tickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X