Midwest Meet 2014 - Mount Bohemia, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sempai View Post
    You can remove me from the maybe list. I'm definitely not attending this year.

I'm heading out West in mid January to spend two months shredding real mountains.

Tim, I guess I'll have to wait another year to ride the '96 Lines.

You guys have a blast and shoot some killer vid, like always!
    Sounds like fun, enjoy!

Comment

4.2 edit out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
        4.2 edit out yet?
        It's going pretty slowly. Still have 2 hours of footage to go through. Lots and lots of stuff!

Update: I've got it all cut down to under 10 minutes. Hoping to finish it this week if not tomorrow.

Comment

It's here!

The edit from our 2nd Bohemia trip last season!

Comment

Payment received Courtney. Thanks!

Comment

Those of you who have purchased a season pass at Bohemia before probably have the pleasure of participating in the wonderful (ridiculous) surveys they send out.

A while back one of the surveys asked about whether or not you'd be interested in buying a ski custom made for riding at Mount Bohemia for some sort of ridiculous price. Well, it seems that they have actually created this (and it's a lot cheaper than I remember the survey mentioning). http://sccskis.com/colab/

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                Those of you who have purchased a season pass at Bohemia before probably have the pleasure of participating in the wonderful (ridiculous) surveys they send out.

A while back one of the surveys asked about whether or not you'd be interested in buying a ski custom made for riding at Mount Bohemia for some sort of ridiculous price. Well, it seems that they have actually created this (and it's a lot cheaper than I remember the survey mentioning). http://sccskis.com/colab/
                Actually looks like a cool deal if you deduct the cost of the season pass they are rolling into the purchase.
                Boards:
                2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post

If I were a skier, I'd be tempted to buy.
                  Boards/Bindings:
                  2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                  2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                  Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                  Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Pretty cool that they worked with a local company. I've seen ads for the shop, but didn't realize they actually made skis there.

Comment

Only 76 more days! Anyone getting excited yet?

According to Bohemia's website there are five new glade runs. Not sure where they're located, but hopefully they didn't clear out any of the thick stuff we loved. They also added 10K of cross country trails, so hopefully we don't end up on those

Comment

Just like last year, Bohemia will be my only trip this year, so I'm definitely excited.

What's wrong with a little cross-country skiboarding?
                        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                          Just like last year, Bohemia will be my only trip this year, so I'm definitely excited.

What's wrong with a little cross-country skiboarding?
                          Tim you just answered the question with another question, that's whats wrong with cross country skiboarding!!

Btw, house is coming along, basement walls are in, looks like it won't be done until into February so there is a good chance I make it up.
                          Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by adeehr View Post
                            Tim you just answered the question with another question, that's whats wrong with cross country skiboarding!!

Btw, house is coming along, basement walls are in, looks like it won't be done until into February so there is a good chance I make it up.
                            Good deal, won't be the same without you...It'll probably be better.

Comment

Just a reminder for anyone attending, December 7th is the season pass sale at Mount Bohemia. The sales go for $99 for a year pass and $159 for a two year pass. Without the pass the lift tickets are 50/day. So if you plan on attending you're getting three days for the price of 2. If you go the second weekend that most of us attend, the savings is obviously even better.

THEY ONLY HAVE THE SALE FOR ONE DAY!

Comment

Will they have the two-season pass again this year? I thought that was a special deal of desperation last year to get enough money to fix the lift.

I got the two-season pass last year, so I'm set. If I make both meets again this year with three days per trip, it averages out to just over $13 per day. Considering the epic amount of fun to be had at Bohemia, that's a pretty sweet deal.
                                RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X