Midwest Meet 2014 - Mount Bohemia, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Make It

Unfortunately, I found out last night I won't be able to make this. My wife goes away on an annual ladies getaway weekend (no skiing for them) every winter and the date this year is on the same weekend as the Midwest Meet. She doesn't pick the date so not much to be done. With her away I need to stay home with my youngest daughter. And no - I can't bring her to the Midwest Meet!
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
      If you want to get there quickly, ride with Courtney. Her GTI can't go below 80mph, so it only takes her about six hours to get to Bohemia.
      GTI <3's snow pack

Originally posted by Zach View Post
      I agree, and riding glades with people who are familiar with those glades is an even better way!

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!
      I'm officially adding you to the "Maybe" list. You should definitely look into prices for flying into Minneapolis or Milwaukee

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
      I was just looking at the meet video for last year and the resort website. Mount Bohemia looks amazing, nothing but black runs through the ungroomed glades. I guess if they are offering $99 season passes it must be pretty remote. Going to get there one day and ski those trees.

Yours jealously.
      Now is a great time to start planning to make it next year

Originally posted by ZwingZ View Post
      Posting late in the game here. I'm in. That's the weekend before school starts for me, so its perfect. Like Tim was saying, if you fly into Milwaukee, I can most likely pick you up and we can go from there.
      Awesome! Glad the timing worked out with school! Adding you to the potential car pool list

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
      Unfortunately, I found out last night I won't be able to make this.
      Hopefully next year

Comment

Are we set on lodging option? If so, I'll book Yurt 1 today. Just need to hear from everyone, well the important ones anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
          Are we set on lodging option? If so, I'll book Yurt 1 today. Just need to hear from everyone, well the important ones anyways
          I'm important, at least my kids tell me so! Yea I'd say book it and thanks again Marshall for stepping up to reserve it in my possible absence.
          Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Done, Booked for 24th - 26th in Yurt 1. I guess I can be moved to the confirmed list now.

Comment

Done, Booked for 24th - 26th in Yurt 1. I guess I can be moved to the confirmed list now.
              Awesome! Thanks a lot Marshall

Comment

Lodging this year for the Midwest Meet will be in Yurt #1 at the base of the mountain. The total cost estimated per person will be $89.82 which includes all taxes and fees for lodging.

Payment for lodging can be sent via paypal to: mhoward1@kent.edu

Yurts:

Sleeps nine (bunk beds and pull out couch)
                Bring your own linens or sleeping bags, towels and pillowBathroom
                Shower
                Sink
                Heated
                Electricity

If it looks familiar, yes I did verbatim your post from last year Andrew.

Comment

Lodging this year for the Midwest Meet will be in Yurt #1 at the base of the mountain. The total cost estimated per person will be $89.82 which includes all taxes and fees for lodging.

Payment for lodging can be sent via paypal to: mhoward1@kent.edu

Yurts:

Sleeps nine (bunk beds and pull out couch)
                  Bring your own linens or sleeping bags, towels and pillowBathroom
                  Shower
                  Sink
                  Heated
                  Electricity

If it looks familiar, yes I did verbatim your post from last year Andrew.

Haha no worries, I just copied and pasted this into the second post of the thread so it's easy to find
                  Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

In considering my travel options for this winter, as much as I want to ride mt Bohemia, I want to ride out west more.

Last year when I looked at going to shredfest, it was substantially more expensive then Midwest meet, but it's shredfest!

In looking at flights, it would take me as long and be just as expensive for me to go to powdown a week or two later.

Maybe next year guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                    33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post

Now is a great time to start planning to make it next year
                      I wish I could this year but it would take so long to get there from Phoenix. Even flying direct into Minneapolis, I would still have a seven hour drive to the resort. It's hard to turn that kind of journey into a long weekend. I think it would work if I could turn it into a week long trip and ski a few extra days. Maybe next year.
                      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Since the yurt has been decided upon, I'm officially calling the couch. I actually found it to be more comfortable than any of the bunks. Marshall, you should have my payment the beginning of next week. I just had to buy a new chain and sprocket set for the Speed Triple, so I'll have to wait for my next check to pay for Bohemia.

Nick, glad to see you're back. We need to have all the cake-eaters for Joey's. Speaking of cake, where's Nolan?
                        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Nolan, roll call.

Comment

Tim S. Is paid up. I am too.

Comment

Thanks Marshall, I'll update the paid list. My payment will be headed your way soon (hopefully). Just waiting on the government to reopen so I can get back to work.

Still plenty of time for anyone considering joining us! Lodging is first pay first serve, but January is still plenty far away.

Nolan won't be joining us. He cited his snow pants that no longer fit as the reason. Make sure you all harass him accordingly!

Comment

You can remove me from the maybe list. I'm definitely not attending this year.

I'm heading out West in mid January to spend two months shredding real mountains.

Tim, I guess I'll have to wait another year to ride the '96 Lines.

You guys have a blast and shoot some killer vid, like always!
                                Boards/Bindings:
                                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                                2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                                2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Working...
                                X