Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredfest VI (2014) - North Lake Tahoe

Shredfest VI (2014)!

The schedule is now posted at: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=14819

Mark your calendar for the official event days as follows:

• Saturday, February 22nd, 2013, Meet and Greet Evening
    • Sunday, February 23rd, 2013, resort riding
    • Monday, February 24th, 2013, resort riding
    • Tuesday, February 25th, 2013, resort riding

Note that all the resorts we will be going to on the official event days will be near North Lake Tahoe, so accommodations in NLT would be the most convenient.

sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

BTW: Maria and I are going to try something different this coming Shredfest.

The thought is that when Shredfest is scheduled for North Lake Tahoe as it is in 2014, we plan on also riding for a couple of days before (or after) Shredfest in Salt Lake City or Denver, depending on flight connections. Alternate years, when Shredfest is scheduled in South Lake Tahoe, We plan to get down to Mammoth or another resort south of Tahoe.

For Shredfest VI, I have booked flights so Maria and I will be riding in the Salt Lake City area the Wednesday and Thursday prior to Shredfest VI. That will give us a sightseeing day on Friday and a travel day Saturday to recover for Shredfest riding starting Sunday. (Or we could be tempted to also ride the Friday.)

Let me know if your travel plans would allow meeting up to ride in SLC on Feb 19th and 20th, 2014 prior to Shredfest VI.
    sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

Slow,

Would you be interested in spending one of your days in SLC doing the interconnect tour?

If I can swing it with work, I'd be down for hitting SLC before going over to Tahoe.
      Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
      Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
      Full Tilt Boots
      Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForAir View Post
        Slow,

Would you be interested in spending one of your days in SLC doing the interconnect tour?

If I can swing it with work, I'd be down for hitting SLC before going over to Tahoe.
        It does not look like I would meet the minimum skill and endurance requirements, so I would not take the chance. Also, Maria would not appreciate me leaving her behind for the day.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
          It does not look like I would meet the minimum skill and endurance requirements, so I would not take the chance. Also, Maria would not appreciate me leaving her behind for the day.
          You'd be just fine in the "skill" department. Better than me at least, so if I could get through it you'd be sailing. It does not look like they do any terrain as nasty as "Jack's Challenges".

As for the endurance part .... a little preseason conditioning and you'd be fine. I've never seen you run out of gas at Shredfest.

I'd also bet Maria could get through it too and even if she weren't interested, we could find some company and entertainment for her.

Just do it .... you know you wanna.
          Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
          Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
          Full Tilt Boots
          Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

I vote for Squaw and Alpine Meadows. Not a big fan of Northstar and Shaun Whites halfpipe.

Bnuf

Comment

Originally posted by enouf24 View Post
              I vote for Squaw and Alpine Meadows. Not a big fan of Northstar and Shaun Whites halfpipe.

Bnuf
              In the past we have riden Squaw, Alpine and Northstar when on the north side. Thanks for sharing your thoughts in advance of any decisions being made for Shredfest VI (2014).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForAir View Post
                ...................Just do it .... you know you wanna.
                I may wanna, but not this time (prior to Shredfest VI). I need to learn how to ride powder first!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm officially putting it out there that I will not be attending SFVI. Enjoy it all and share the stories with me.
                  I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Here's what looks to be a good deal if you are planning to attend Shredfest, extend your stay, or visit Tahoe at another time this season.

http://www.skilaketahoe.com/lake-tah...2013-14-season
                    Boards/Bindings:
                    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                      Here's what looks to be a good deal if you are planning to attend Shredfest, extend your stay, or visit Tahoe at another time this season.

http://www.skilaketahoe.com/lake-tah...2013-14-season
                      That's a great deal !
                      rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                      ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Originally posted by enouf24 View Post

Bnuf
                        One idea is to substitute Sugarbowl or Mt. Rose for Northstar , both are fun smaller sized areas and would be a great alternative to Northstar for all mountain type riders with plenty of nice terrain . The only downside is that neither resort has any park set up to speak of and would not be fun for park riders. The other alternative is just to spend three days at Squaw and Alpine.
                        Boards :
                        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                        Boots
                        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                        Bindings:
                        Zero Pro Non release Binding
                        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                          One idea is to substitute Sugarbowl or Mt. Rose for Northstar , both are fun smaller sized areas and would be a great alternative to Northstar for all mountain type riders with plenty of nice terrain . The only downside is that neither resort has any park set up to speak of and would not be fun for park riders. The other alternative is just to spend three days at Squaw and Alpine.
                          I vote for sugarbowl! A great old school resort!
                          rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                          ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

What's wrong with Northstar? I thought it was a very nice resort.
                            Boards/Bindings:
                            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                              What's wrong with Northstar? I thought it was a very nice resort.
                              Yes, I agree with you Sempai and I love Northstar .. and actually have a season pass there , I was just responding to Bnuf's comment about wanting to go somewhere else .. Perhaps it is more of an issue as to park preferences rather then free riding....
                              Boards :
                              Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                              Boots
                              K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                              Bindings:
                              Zero Pro Non release Binding
                              Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                              Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                              Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                              Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Working...
                              X