Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Event

hi there,

this probable may not work but if it does it would be cool, so i have a aunty and uncle here in calgary who own a ski shop. and just on the out side of calgary there is Canada Olympic Park, they host pretty big events such as the burton open, and other large events. I snow-blade there a lot on my free time and during events like these they are able to shut down as much as the hill you need to host your event, or you can just use it like anyone else. But word of events like this attract a lot of attention around the city and neighbouring cities and towns. this would be a very cool event to have, but like i said it most likely not happen, but it would be very cool.
    sigpic

I'm down to try and make something work out. Lets play it by ear as the season approaches. I'm due for a Canadian trip :-)
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

well if it was going to happen it would have to be January/february because after march, it is slush every were less then 1 hour away from here.
      sigpic

Comment

do they have a water ramp?

Comment

If you come to calgary there is a huge half-pipe, and a on snow air bag. if you go four hours to revelstoke there is endless powder and places to ski. And this is all inbounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIiXp...feature=fvwrel
          sigpic

Comment

Ride or Die event January 3rd to 6th @ Silver Star resort, Vernon BC
            Revel8 Revolts 'trees' with Rocker Bindings

Comment

That is so untrue about march, maybe in Calgary. But Sunshine Village is good till May for snow. Not to mention the other mountains are good till Late March Early April lol.

Sadly Feburary I may be in Mexico for a week (I know I know, a week away from the snow).

I haven't ski-boarded at the Olympic park yet, although it's close I like hitting the bigger mountains more, especially since they have better snow conditions and over 100+ runs to try.

Olympic park is mostly man made

But I haven't done park, so like I said thats why I mainly don't go.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarmoon View Post
                That is so untrue about march, maybe in Calgary. But Sunshine Village is good till May for snow. Not to mention the other mountains are good till Late March Early April lol.

Sadly Feburary I may be in Mexico for a week (I know I know, a week away from the snow).

I haven't ski-boarded at the Olympic park yet, although it's close I like hitting the bigger mountains more, especially since they have better snow conditions and over 100+ runs to try.

Olympic park is mostly man made

But I haven't done park, so like I said thats why I mainly don't go.
                COP is either ice or slush. It would be much better to host something at sunshine for example. COP is just a 1 run, so if you dont do park skiboarding, Dont come to COP!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X