Spring Steez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Steez

So, I was asked by a bunch of people already if Spring Steez on the east coast is happening this year. Well, being out here in Colorado I am not truly able to assess the situation as far as conditions, how long the season will even last, and all of the details to make it happen. Who would actually consider coming, does it seem like the east coast will hold up until later in the season, and is the last week of March a good time for it? The last week is the only time I will be able to make it back east before June when I go in for surgery on my shoulder.

What does everyone think?
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

For what we're dealing with, the season so far has been holding up. Mountain Creek was blowing snow as recently as Saturday night. Not that I'm suggesting Creek at all, but I'm just saying if they're blowing...some better mountains must be, right? In any case, I had a blast last year. If it happens again this year, count me in!
    I Ski 4 Smitty.

Comment

i would be in if it makes it up to canada
      - I C U -
      ---------------------------------------------
      Revel8 Revolt "City"
      Bomber Elite I's

Comment

I'm in for Steez again. I know Tim is too.

Comment

Spring Steez would probably be only two days again. But, I would also make a trip for a few days up to Canada since that didn't happen during tour due to conditions.
          I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

any idea where in canada you were looking at coming? or would it be again at tremblant as it was supposed to be for the original tour?
            - I C U -
            Revel8 Revolt "City"
            Bomber Elite I's

Comment

The goal would be to follow the course of tour as originally intended. There are some special riders up there I'd like to meet up with. How has the snow been up there since tour?
              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

well i am in southern ontario, so i don't really know about the snow conditions in the montreal/tremblent area, but i would assume by now they should have snow, either man-made or real
                - I C U -
                Revel8 Revolt "City"
                Bomber Elite I's

Comment

if the snow lasts till then... ill be really surprised, but i guess we'll see.
                  facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

So far, my neck of the woods (7Springs) is dramatically improving. We finally have enough cold weather sticking around, and a couple good snow storms came through. They've been making snow around the clock, which kinda sucks when on the slope...but I'll take it if it makes the season longer. As long as we don't have a 2 week warmup with rain, I'm expecting the snow to last until at least mid-March. I would expect the same from all the other "suffering" resorts on this end...
                    Boards
                    Revel8 2011 Condor
                    Revel8 2009 Revolt "Condor Graphic"
                    Revel8 2008 KTP

Bindings
                    Tyrolia Attack 13 on Spruce Risers
                    Bomber Elite II

Boots
                    Nordica 2012 Double Six
                    Salomon 2010 Impact 8 CS

Booze
                    Crown Royal
                    Maker's Mark
                    Tito's Handmade Vodka

Brews
                    Pabst Blue Ribbon
                    Bell's Hop Slam

Injuries
                    2012 - (Left) Torn MCL
                    2013 - (Right) Torn Deltoid Ligament & Tibial Fracture

Comment

I'm out. Ill be in Europe.

Comment

I'm in as long as it's not the weekend of 3/24-3/25. I have plans that weekend.
                        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Only time I can do are one of the last two weekends of March.
                          I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

Hit the slopes with Mavrick today and talked about this meet. As long as the snow is still good I'll probably make it out there.

Comment

I'm out.
                              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

Working...
                              X