No announcement yet.

Midwest Meet 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl, there may be a few of us going back to Mt Bohemia later in February.

Comment

• Nick, I tried to reply to your PM, but it says your mailbox is full.

Courtney, I should be able to mail the SD cards tomorrow. I have them ready, I just need to get to a post office.

Everyone, if I make it back out to Bohemia, it will be the weekend of the 25th and 26th of February. I'm sorting out how feasible that will be right now. Anyone else who thinks they can make it, please let me know.
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
        Everyone, if I make it back out to Bohemia, it will be the weekend of the 25th and 26th of February. I'm sorting out how feasible that will be right now. Anyone else who thinks they can make it, please let me know.
        Hey Tim, I could make it out the weekend of the 25th and 26th. I'd probably have to start driving after leaving work on Friday around 3, arrive in the area around 11 PM or midnight, ride Saturday & Sunday, then leave right after riding Sunday to be back at work Monday to give a week long training.

Would this work with anyone else? Obviously not good timing for anyone traveling to Shredfest.

I could fit 3 in my car if we pack light. I could pick people up at MSP if you can get a flight that arrives before 3pm on Friday the 24th and leaves around 1 or 2am Monday the 27th.

Updated conditions:
        SNOW REPORT: JANUARY 27, 2012 AT 8:00AM
        OVER 20 INCHES OF NEW SNOW THIS WEEK !

Comment

• I can make it for sure that weekend. I will be driving up from Milwaukee so if anyone needs a ride on the way I can pick them up.

Tim, I cleaned out my PMs.

Hopefully Ill see everyone then? I cant wait to see the footage!
          Boards: Condors, Chickens, EMP's, Original Revolts
          Bindings: Bombers, FF Pro
          Boots: Lange xt100
          portfolio

Comment

• I'll be keeping an eye out for flights into Milwaukee or MSP on Friday. I'm thinking stay in Houghton Friday night and then hit Bohemia Sat/Sun. That'll cut down on lodging costs, and we still get two days of riding. I may not be able to hammer down a schedule and get confirmed tickets until about two weeks before. Hopefully, that'll be enough time for everyone to plan.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• I should be able to go on that weekend. Midwest Meetup 2012 Part II. Karl, I hope you're able to join us.

Comment

• It's amazing how much of a difference there is in flight costs to different airports. It's about $50 more each way to fly to MSP, so I'm looking at Milwaukee again. I can get a flight in Friday morning and then a return flight Monday morning. It'll be about $40 more than my last round trip, but that's still a really good deal considering current air fairs. Nick, let me know if that will work for you. I'll have to wait until my next paycheck to book the flights anyway, so that'll be this coming Tuesday at the earliest. After I'm confirmed on flights, I'll look into booking a cabin for Saturday night.

Anyone else able to return for part 2?

Comment

• I'll send Karl a PM.

Comment

I'm thinking stay in Houghton Friday night and then hit Bohemia Sat/Sun. That'll cut down on lodging costs, and we still get two days of riding.
                    I'm down for packing into a hotel room to keep costs low for everyone on Friday night. I have a sleeping bag and would be totally fine on the floor. Anyone else?

I just looked at Bohemia's website for available lodging and it looks like they only have space in their hostel available for that weekend. Cost is only $20 a bed and right now all 14 beds in the hostel yurt are available. While we'd likely be sharing the space with people we don't know, this might be our only nearby affordable option. If we decide to go this route they require you to bring your own linens or sleeping bags and towels.

Comment

• That would be nice to stay in Houghton on Friday night because they actually have places to eat with real food.
                      the Mt Bohemia website says something about a two night minimum, I'm not sure if that's enforced.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerlough View Post
                        That would be nice to stay in Houghton on Friday night because they actually have places to eat with real food.
                        the Mt Bohemia website says something about a two night minimum, I'm not sure if that's enforced.
                        Good catch. I would assume for the hostel that it isn't enforced or doesn't apply. That may have been why the only results that showed were hostel beds when I selected only Saturday night.

Comment

• Sorry for the late entrance to this thread, haven't been checking it until Courtney PM'd me. (Subscribed now)

I told Courtney I was celebrating my b-day that weekend with family but I'm trying to see if I can make it work another weekend with the fam, not to mention procuring some $$$. If things do work out what did all of you end up doing for lift tickets? Did you do the season pass thing in December? Is $50 a day the only other way to do it for me or does anyone know of any deals?
                          08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

• Ok, I've been busy with work, so I'm a bit behind on the posts.

Lodging: I vote for a hotel room in Houghton for both Friday and Saturday nights. I'm not so keen on the Yurt if we have no idea who we'll be sharing with, plus I'm not in a position to bring bedding etc since I'm flying in. A few positives for staying in Houghton; 1)probably just as cheap as the yurt if we all split one room, and nobody has to bring bedding. I can pretty much sleep anywhere, so if I get a pillow and a blanket, I can crash on the floor no problem. 2)Free, albeit lackluster, breakfast. 3)Joey's! 4)looks like there will only be four or five of us going, so we should be able to squeeze into one vehicle. 5)I will remember my Nolanized KTP's this time, and we can skitch back to Houghton.

Footage: Courtney, I sent the cards today, so look for them within the next couple days. I intended to mail them Saturday, but I forgot that the post office closes at noon, and I showed up at 1pm. Yay me

Karl: Plan your natality festivities for Thursday, and instruct your kin to bestow money for lift tickets, lodging, food, and gas upon you. Then join us for the weekend. I doubt you will regret it. Most of us do purchase the season pass in December, and I bet you will as well for next year. As for the weekend in question, I know of no discount tickets, so you'll need $100 for both days.

Comment

Ok, I've been busy with work, so I'm a bit behind on the posts.

Lodging: I vote for a hotel room in Houghton for both Friday and Saturday nights. I'm not so keen on the Yurt if we have no idea who we'll be sharing with, plus I'm not in a position to bring bedding etc since I'm flying in. A few positives for staying in Houghton; 1)probably just as cheap as the yurt if we all split one room, and nobody has to bring bedding. I can pretty much sleep anywhere, so if I get a pillow and a blanket, I can crash on the floor no problem. 2)Free, albeit lackluster, breakfast. 3)Joey's! 4)looks like there will only be four or five of us going, so we should be able to squeeze into one vehicle. 5)I will remember my Nolanized KTP's this time, and we can skitch back to Houghton.

Footage: Courtney, I sent the cards today, so look for them within the next couple days. I intended to mail them Saturday, but I forgot that the post office closes at noon, and I showed up at 1pm. Yay me

Karl: Plan your natality festivities for Thursday, and instruct your kin to bestow money for lift tickets, lodging, food, and gas upon you. Then join us for the weekend. I doubt you will regret it. Most of us do purchase the season pass in December, and I bet you will as well for next year. As for the weekend in question, I know of no discount tickets, so you'll need $100 for both days.
                              I had to back out of shredfest due to work/time constraints, however, I could do a weekend in Bohemia so long as I'm back to work Monday. I'll look at flights this weekend. I'm game for staying at a hotel in houghton. The yurts don't sit to well with my paranoia of theft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
                                I had to back out of shredfest due to work/time constraints, however, I could do a weekend in Bohemia so long as I'm back to work Monday. I'll look at flights this weekend. I'm game for staying at a hotel in houghton. The yurts don't sit to well with my paranoia of theft.
                                Sucks about Shredfest but it'd be awesome if you could make it to Bohemia again.

I'm down for staying in Houghton both nights. The Holiday Inn Express was pretty nice. Plenty of room. What was the Travel Lodge like?

Karl! You should definitely try to make it

Comment

Working...
                                X