Midwest Meet 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZwingZ View Post
    I have some original Revolts that I can bring up if you want to use them? I also have extra bindings, either Line FF pros or some Extreme II's
    Nick, if you could bring those Revolts that would be super. If you want to put a pair of bindings on it's up to you because I also have an extra pair of bindings.
    That reminds me I need to try and straiten the front bail on my Extreme II's. (I bent it when I hit a rail hard and cart wheeled)

Thanks for the advice Courtney.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
      You should be able to get by, but depending on how much snow there is you may want to try something longer / wider. At times you may want or need some extra float.

I'd highly encourage everyone to bring a back up pair of boards if they have some. We've had some battle wounds these past couple years.
      +1 on that, although I think my boards sustained s bit more than just battle wounds last time. It was more like the KTP's were crushed, and the Condor was eviscerated.
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I completely forgot about that tim, did you get another pair to replace them?

I'm eager to try my ktp's out in bohemia's powder. The stiffness did not suit me at mt snow as i spent most of my day on my ass, which I'm sure you recall. But I theorize it will be a whole new ball game in Michigan.

Comment

Tim, Courtney, Andrew - We're such a consistent group I call top bunk next to door again!
          Maverick - Red or Black?
          New guy - The cabins are an awesome feature up in such a desolate place, I would recommend coughing up the $80 for two nights...$40 a night isn't bad at all!
          Dennis - We need you! but bring superglue so we can stick all your valuables to your body

I've been getting to the gym pretty consistently so I'm hoping I'll be good to go once I get to the mountain. I'm going up Friday morning to ski if the conditions are good otherwise I'll just wait. I started at 250 looking to lose 30lbs but after working out I just f***ing gained 30lbs so I'm really hoping the KTPs can hold up with 40 more pounds on them. I was looking at yearly snow trends and the snowfall has been increasing so we should be in for an even better season than last. We had perfect timing with the storm that hit though.

Is anyone bringing a vehicle that can fit more than 6 people?

Comment

Yeah, Greco hooked me up with a spare Condor, and I went ahead and bought another pair of KTP's. I also got the new rockered Condors, so that's what I'm planning to ride.

The KTP's can definitely take some getting used to with the extra stiffness, but I think you'll like them once you get the feel dialed in. If you want to try something different, though, I'll be bringing a fee extra sets of boards. You are welcome to try the Condors for a max-float experience.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by nolhay View Post
              Is anyone bringing a vehicle that can fit more than 6 people?
              Nope, I can only fit 5. I guess that was the benefit of the old station wagon I took up the first year. "We have 7? We can all fit in my car!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                Yeah, Greco hooked me up with a spare Condor, and I went ahead and bought another pair of KTP's. I also got the new rockered Condors, so that's what I'm planning to ride.

The KTP's can definitely take some getting used to with the extra stiffness, but I think you'll like them once you get the feel dialed in. If you want to try something different, though, I'll be bringing a fee extra sets of boards. You are welcome to try the Condors for a max-float experience.
                Yeah, I think I just got frustrated as I thought they would for the most part be like the revolts.

Comment

What's new this year:

Mount Bohemia will be opening a bar and restaurant this season. This will be a new yurt which is connected to the existing base yurts and will be offering breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Ski guide service-Helping you locate the hidden runs throughout the mountain and showing you tips and trips to navigate Bohemia and the backcountry.

A new backcountry run which will be one of the steepest, longest backcountry runs on the mountain.
                  Boards/Bindings:
                  2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                  2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                  Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                  Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                    What's new this year:

Mount Bohemia will be opening a bar and restaurant this season. This will be a new yurt which is connected to the existing base yurts and will be offering breakfast, lunch and dinner

Ski guide service-Helping you locate the hidden runs throughout the mountain and showing you tips and trips to navigate Bohemia and the backcountry.

A new backcountry run which will be one of the steepest, longest backcountry runs on the mountain.
                    You had me at bar!

Comment

• We're still planning the traditional trip to Hougton Sat, right?

In a way that addition saddens me. One of the things I love about Bohemia is how un-resortish it is. I liked the fact that there wasn't much there. I suppose it was bound to happen eventually. The mountain can't stay a secret forever. Hopefully the character of the mountain itself with the sparse ungroomed trails and secluded feel will remain intact.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                        We're still planning the traditional trip to Hougton Sat, right?

In a way that addition saddens me. One of the things I love about Bohemia is how un-resortish it is. I liked the fact that there wasn't much there. I suppose it was bound to happen eventually. The mountain can't stay a secret forever. Hopefully the character of the mountain itself with the sparse ungroomed trails and secluded feel will remain intact.
                        Offering some food and drinks in what is basically a tent is still pretty un-resortish. At least there is no swimming pool.
                        ------
                        Nolan - I'm planning on getting there Thursday evening and leaving Monday morning. Staying in one of your cabins on Friday and Saturday is still a possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerlough View Post
                          Offering some food and drinks in what is basically a tent is still pretty un-resortish. At least there is no swimming pool.
                          ------
                          Nolan - I'm planning on getting there Thursday evening and leaving Monday morning. Staying in one of your cabins on Friday and Saturday is still a possibility.
                          At this point Dennis is off the confirmed list, so if you want to prepay for your spot in the cabin we have room.
                          Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

• You should have my payment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
                              You should have my payment.
                              Yup I got it, you are all set, thanks Marshall!
                              Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                                We're still planning the traditional trip to Hougton Sat, right?

I agree, but I think they'll still have the same feel. They're so far out there that it would take a lot for it to feel more like a commercial resort. Although the new services may attract some more people, it won't be turning into Vail anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X