Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midwest Meet 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Courtney View Post
    Not at all
    If the flight is cheaper to Marshall's airport choice is it alright if I (and possibly graham) hitch a ride too?
    Revel8 ALPdors
    Gold Revel8 Receptors
    Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

    ____
    ____
    Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
    If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by DennisEvans View Post
      If the flight is cheaper to Marshall's airport choice is it alright if I (and possibly graham) hitch a ride too?
      That'd be totally cool. Right now the plan is to leave around 4am Friday to arrive around opening time Friday morning. I plan to work on Thursday til 3pm, then I'd be available to pick people up at the airport. You guys are welcome to crash on my couch / floor as long as cats don't bother you so we can all get some rest before we hit the road.

      On the way back we'll leave Sunday around 5PM, and we'll probably get back into Minneapolis around midnight / 1AM. I'll be taking Monday off and will be available to bring you guys to the airport whenever.

      As long as no one brings a ridiculous amount of stuff, we should have enough room for the 4 of us. Take a look at flights and let us know Dennis. MSP is the airport code. The main terminal is called terminal 1 and terminal 2 is a little smaller but still pretty major.

      Comment


      • #63
        Sorry I've been off the forums for a while. I've had a lot going on. Andrew, I just sent you the payment for my spot in the cabin, and I'll send you those pictures and the stats as soon as I get the boards out. I haven't even gotten any stuff out to prep for the season yet.

        So, it looks like Courtney's vehicle will be full, so what will your route be, Andrew? I'll try to get a flight into an airport on your way.
        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
          I just sent you the payment for my spot in the cabin
          AWWWWWYEAAHHHHH. Payment sent as well, gonna grab the 99 seasons pass comin' up here. PLEASE NOTE:
          BRING $1 FOR EACH DAY YOU PLAN TO SKI

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by nolhay View Post
            AWWWWWYEAAHHHHH. Payment sent as well, gonna grab the 99 seasons pass comin' up here. PLEASE NOTE:
            BRING $1 FOR EACH DAY YOU PLAN TO SKI
            Win. The $99 season pass sale does require $1 for each day you ride. Unlike most mountains that give you a plastic card for a season pass, Bohemia requires to you pick up a lift ticket each day at the cost of $1.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
              Sorry I've been off the forums for a while. I've had a lot going on. Andrew, I just sent you the payment for my spot in the cabin, and I'll send you those pictures and the stats as soon as I get the boards out. I haven't even gotten any stuff out to prep for the season yet.

              So, it looks like Courtney's vehicle will be full, so what will your route be, Andrew? I'll try to get a flight into an airport on your way.
              Yup, looks like I'm most likely full.

              I believe the closest major airport to Andrew is Green Bay (50 miles north and on the way to Bohemia). You'd have the shortest car ride with Andrew too at about 5hrs.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                Win. The $99 season pass sale does require $1 for each day you ride. Unlike most mountains that give you a plastic card for a season pass, Bohemia requires to you pick up a lift ticket each day at the cost of $1.
                Very strange!

                Skiboards:
                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s


                Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

                Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by ZwingZ View Post
                  I'll be driving up from the Milwaukee area if anyone needs a ride as well. Let me know

                  Nick
                  Nick, what time are you planning to leave the Milwaukee area? I can get get a significantly cheaper flight if I fly into there as opposed to Green Bay.
                  RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                    Nick, what time are you planning to leave the Milwaukee area? I can get get a significantly cheaper flight if I fly into there as opposed to Green Bay.
                    Tim if you fly into Milwaukee thursday night I can come pick you up there, it's only about an hour from my house, i would have no issues picking you up there, as long as your arrival is after say 6pm, or if it's earlier you can enjoy the Milwaukee airport and all it's lovely....seats! I just have to be here for when my daughter gets home until my wife gets home so i can leave, and she gets home about 5pm. After that I can come get you, we'll leave around 8am Friday as I have to take my daughter to school in the am.


                    And yes, Nolan Tim and Courtney I have your lodging payments, looks like Cabin 1 is full!
                    Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

                    skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

                    Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Ok, I'll take you up on that. I just booked a roundtrip to Milwaukee with Southwest. I arrive Thursday at 8:30pm, which means I don't have to take off work(a definite plus). My departure to return home is Monday around noon, so you can just drop me off whenever it is convenient in the morning.

                      I'll be grabbing my season pass on Saturday, and after that it's just eight weeks of anticipation.
                      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                        Ok, I'll take you up on that. I just booked a roundtrip to Milwaukee with Southwest. I arrive Thursday at 8:30pm, which means I don't have to take off work(a definite plus). My departure to return home is Monday around noon, so you can just drop me off whenever it is convenient in the morning.

                        I'll be grabbing my season pass on Saturday, and after that it's just eight weeks of anticipation.
                        Sounds perfect, I'll PM you my email address if you want to send those plans directly to my email so I can have them handy.
                        Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

                        skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

                        Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I've planning on driving to Mount Bohemia sometime in January. After seeing this meetup I gotta go to it. I've never skied with people from SBOL. This looks like a great opportunity to ski among the trees with other skiboard fans. I'll probably stay in the Hostel yurt so don't worry about housing me. I'll arrive Thursday night, leave Sunday afternoon. I live near South Bend, Indiana if anyone wants to ride with me.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by tylerlough View Post
                            I've planning on driving to Mount Bohemia sometime in January. After seeing this meetup I gotta go to it. I've never skied with people from SBOL. This looks like a great opportunity to ski among the trees with other skiboard fans. I'll probably stay in the Hostel yurt so don't worry about housing me. I'll arrive Thursday night, leave Sunday afternoon. I live near South Bend, Indiana if anyone wants to ride with me.
                            Right on! It'd be great to have you aboard! The more skiboarders the better! Hopefully you can make it, it's a great time, this is our third year! Make sure you are in shape a bit too. Take it from me, if you sit behind a desk all day and don't do much for activity you'll be a hurting unit come your second day. You'd think I'd take my own advice, I still haven't gotten in shape for the season yet, yikes!
                            Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

                            skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

                            Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by adeehr View Post
                              Right on! It'd be great to have you aboard! The more skiboarders the better! Hopefully you can make it, it's a great time, this is our third year! Make sure you are in shape a bit too. Take it from me, if you sit behind a desk all day and don't do much for activity you'll be a hurting unit come your second day. You'd think I'd take my own advice, I still haven't gotten in shape for the season yet, yikes!
                              I do this every year.

                              I'm totally gonna work out a bunch before ski season.
                              I'm totally gonna work out a bunch before Bohemia.
                              ..
                              Ouch, the burn.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                This old man just sent in his payment to Andrew, and I've been hitting the workouts hard getting in shape to keep up with you youngsters. Now I just have to remember to buy that season pass on Saturday.

                                Skiboards:
                                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                                2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                                2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s


                                Boots:
                                Salomon X-Pro 80

                                Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
                                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X