Shredfest IV 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sempai View Post
    Yeah shredders, let's see some pics and vids.
    Too much incriminating footage to post. Right DAVE and DAVE? What happens inTahoe , stays in Tahoe. Everyone there is sworn to secrecy. Right DAVE and DAVE? LOL!!
    p.s. I Now can never watch Night at the Roxbury the same way again.
    Thank you to every one for making it the most fun shredfest yet!!!
    Chad
    64 CM Bigfoot’s
    100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
    110 CM Rockered Condors
    130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

• Thanks to all who attended this year. I had a great time showing the mellower gang around the resorts. I was constantly worried about getting someone in over their head, but all the riders did fine and made it a great experience. I loved stopping and looking back to see everyone coming down the hill behind me with big smiles on their faces. It was also so nice to meet more new riders and see how large this event is getting. Many thanks to Greco to support this for four years now. Without his support and products, this event would not be what it is. I hope everyone got home safely without undue stress. We left this morning for home and drove for 2 hours with chain controls.... took our time and got home this afternoon.
      Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
      Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
      Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
      History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

• Thank you

I had a real blast and my ridings skills have improved with great strides during the four days of riding. I just have to say thank you for everyone that made me feel so welcome. Some of my special thanks have to go to:
        • CAN for being my Rockered Condor riding buddy through ice and powder.
        • Bill & Caroline for driving me to Reno and getting me to a hotel so that I did not mis my early flight.
        • Dave Bloom for making a great effort in getting me hooked up for Heavenly
        • millet, bee & nudelles - 3 great new friends made
        • Talon, zapmeister64, Davelynam, matthew, Branden & kirk - all of you were just so awesome, yet down to earth.
        • CANtoo, mhook, Liz & Barbara for all the great chats on the lifts.
        • Absolutely everyone at the Meet & Bye.

I absolutely loved the superhuman shredding of rickylink - at least he fell over once to prove that he is still human.
        If I can ride like that when I hit the other side of 50 ....

I feel really privileged to have met such an awesome bunch of people, for riding the great variety of conditions and having had the opportunity to experience this. Even if I would never get the opportunity yo go to a Shredfest again, I'll long remember this.

(However, shoud I get the opportunity again, maybe I should plan to stay on longer for even more of this wonderful riding conditions some of you have in your near backyard).
        Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
        Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
        Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

• Feedback...

As usual, we love to get all the feedback from Shredfest so we can improve for the next SF! I have been reading some on this thread and picked up some on the "possible large Colorado meet" thread as well.... soaking it all in!!!

So, we need you to keep going with the feedback & comments! Add the pros & cons and ideas & suggestions., everything you can think of... remember, this is YOUR event and we try to make it work for all! HUGE thank you to Slow & Wendell!!!!!!!

One suggestion already is a larger meet & greet place, such as a conference room in one of the resorts or restaurant... I am looking into Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort for one but please if you have a place in mind or know of, let us know.

I know there is talk of a Colorado meet, which is a great place to meet, see the threads here http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...484#post123484

It's a split feeling on what to do about it and really really good comment being made!!!! Keeping Shredfest the main event is best so as we are not splitting us all apart. But I know how difficult it can be to get to Tahoe. Tahoe also works best for clearly the majority of us forum riders due to the attendance and for the special knowledge our guides have of the resorts. That is invaluable and needed and wanted. I can see us having SF in Colorado every few years possibly, if that is what will allow for others not be able to come to SF in Tahoe to come yet still allow regular attendee's to come.
          This is a whole other thread though.. so enough.

Shredfest Feedback & Suggestions, how to make it even better, post it:

Thank you!!!!!!
          C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

• was there any reason why we went to multiple resorts? As my first time attending shredfest it was neat to see all the places but I never got comfortable at any of them because I wasn't there long enough to learn. Has anyone thought about having it at one or 2 places then switch to a different 2 resorts the following year? If I am correct Heavenly and Northstar are owned by the same group. and Alpine and squall are the same. If we did that then we could potentially save money by ordering a multi-day pass.

I feel that would be more of a benefit because we could see more of the mountains. This would also give our "guides" more of a chance to tailor what they show to the group they are leading.

another suggestion would be to find a different place then Ceder glenn to stay. I know there were only a few groups that stayed there but it did not offer anywhere to hang out in the evening. If there was a different place with a lobby or den I would think people would be more likely hang out every night.

Im not sure if the expense is a concern to other people. but I think if expense was kept in mind it might open up shredfest for more people. ( this is coming from flying in from MI and staying the entire week) Don't take it as I am bashing the event in anyway. I can just understand when people say they cant afford to come out.

as far as the Colorado meet up. I think that is a good idea, but from my experiences in the past with organizing groups I would not have 2 events close to each other. It will drop attendance. I know I personally couldnt attend both of them. Now an idea of alternating the location every other year between tahoe and colorado would be neat.

-r-
            2011 ktp's
            k2 haymaker boots
            Ride binding
            GGO Spine
            GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

• Originally posted by nudelles View Post
              was there any reason why we went to multiple resorts? As my first time attending shredfest it was neat to see all the places but I never got comfortable at any of them because I wasn't there long enough to learn. Has anyone thought about having it at one or 2 places then switch to a different 2 resorts the following year? If I am correct Heavenly and Northstar are owned by the same group. and Alpine and squall are the same. If we did that then we could potentially save money by ordering a multi-day pass.

I feel that would be more of a benefit because we could see more of the mountains. This would also give our "guides" more of a chance to tailor what they show to the group they are leading.

another suggestion would be to find a different place then Ceder glenn to stay. I know there were only a few groups that stayed there but it did not offer anywhere to hang out in the evening. If there was a different place with a lobby or den I would think people would be more likely hang out every night.

Im not sure if the expense is a concern to other people. but I think if expense was kept in mind it might open up shredfest for more people. ( this is coming from flying in from MI and staying the entire week) Don't take it as I am bashing the event in anyway. I can just understand when people say they cant afford to come out.

as far as the Colorado meet up. I think that is a good idea, but from my experiences in the past with organizing groups I would not have 2 events close to each other. It will drop attendance. I know I personally couldnt attend both of them. Now an idea of alternating the location every other year between tahoe and colorado would be neat.

-r-
              Nudelles,

Better to switch resorts than to have some riders get bored. I think most of us would rather change each day. You'll see more of the resorts as you return for future shredfests. Spend an extra day or two afterwards and go back to your favorite resort next year. Great riding with you anb Bee.
              Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
              Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
              Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
              History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

• Do people get bored at their local mountain? I think they would go there more often than 4 days a year. It was just a thought. I understand trying to please everyone.
                -r-
                2011 ktp's
                k2 haymaker boots
                Ride binding
                GGO Spine
                GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

• My two home mountains are Telluride and Breckenridge. I NEVER get bored haha.
                  I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

• Originally posted by nudelles View Post
                    was there any reason why we went to multiple resorts? As my first time attending shredfest it was neat to see all the places but I never got comfortable at any of them because I wasn't there long enough to learn. Has anyone thought about having it at one or 2 places then switch to a different 2 resorts the following year? If I am correct Heavenly and Northstar are owned by the same group. and Alpine and squall are the same. If we did that then we could potentially save money by ordering a multi-day pass.

-r-
                    Cedar Glenn is on the North Shore and there isn't as many big resorts to choose from as there will be over at the South Shore for next years Shredfest. South shore has more lodging options and more of a 'city' feel to it.

I never get bored at my local resorts of Yosemite's Badger Pass and at China Peak!!!!!

I do like the thought of using a pass, but in the end folks enjoy doing a different resort each day. Each year they get more familiar with it or they stay or come an extra and ski at the one(s) they enjoyed best.

We will just have to see what the forum majority prefers to do, bus most likely SFV will be Kirkwood, Heavenly & Sierra At Tahoe respectively.

Keep the thoughts & suggestions coming please!
                    C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Working...
                    X