Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredfest IV 2012

On Facebook:
    It's never too early to talk SHREDFEST & TAHOE!!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...17854121582516

For non FB users:

SF4:

Friday Feb 24th & Sat feb 25th- Arrivals
    Saturday Feb 25th- First Back-Country Day (Advanced), Official Meet n Greet that Evening.
    Sunday Feb 26th-Northstar Resort-R8Team Viewing, Second Back Country.
    Monday Feb 27th-Alpine Meadows Resort-All day resort riding.
    Tuesday Feb 28th-Squaw Valley Resort-All day riding & Goodbye Dinner.
    Wednesday Feb 29th-Departures.

More Unofficial Dates & Riding: Friday Feb 24th-Boreal, Saturday Feb 25th-Heavenly; Wed Feb 29th through end of week-TBD.

TENTATIVE ITINERARY! Only 2 Back Country Days Schedule for Sat & Sun!
    C U N DA SNOW!

Is there any significance about this week in the US? It always seem to be about 1 week after the UK school holidays.

This means I have to find a business excuse to get out to the US, instead of brining the familly.
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
      Is there any significance about this week in the US? It always seem to be about 1 week after the UK school holidays.

This means I have to find a business excuse to get out to the US, instead of brining the familly.
      this weekend is the weekend that follows the president's day three day holiday in the US which is the busiest weekend for ski resorts in the United States. the weekend following that holiday is often a little less crowded then other midwinter weekends because many folks have spent the three day holiday the weekend before at the resorts....
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I'm in for sure. Next year we will be making a full week of it so if anyone else wants to stick around for some time down south, let me know.

We'll actually probably take two full weeks off ... perhaps jet over to Frisco or down to Vegas for the 2nd week.
        Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
        Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
        Full Tilt Boots
        Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForAir View Post
          I'm in for sure. Next year we will be making a full week of it so if anyone else wants to stick around for some time down south, let me know.

We'll actually probably take two full weeks off ... perhaps jet over to Frisco or down to Vegas for the 2nd week.
          Robert,

If you decide to go to Frisco, I can put you and Leanne up for a few nights. I have plenty of room and the city is about 30 minutes from my place. If Dave comes, I think he'll be staying with me when he arrives and leaves.
          Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
          Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
          Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
          History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
            Robert,

If you decide to go to Frisco, I can put you and Leanne up for a few nights. I have plenty of room and the city is about 30 minutes from my place. If Dave comes, I think he'll be staying with me when he arrives and leaves.

That would be sweet. We'd definitely take you up on that offer. It would be nice to have someone show us around a bit anyway. We've never been in that area.
            Full Tilt Boots
            Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

It is time to bump this thread so riders start planning for the skiboarding community event of the season.

Maria and I plan on arriving Saturday and ride until Wednesday and then make our way down to the Grand Canyon for a few days before returning home the following Sunday. Now I just need to find some reasonably priced flights.
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

I am quite stoked for the festival of shreds. I will be out there longer this year.
                I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

If you re headed to Grand Canyon, you gotta stop by Bryce and Zion. They are both pretty much on the way. Bryce is unbelievably beautiful. All the pictures do not do it justice. When you see the amphitheater with your own eyes for the first time from the Rim, you'll understand.

Originally posted by slow View Post
                  It is time to bump this thread so riders start planning for the skiboarding community event of the season.

Maria and I plan on arriving Saturday and ride until Wednesday and then make our way down to the Grand Canyon for a few days before returning home the following Sunday. Now I just need to find some reasonably priced flights.
                  Full Tilt Boots

Comment

I am going to try and make it out this time. I'll probably link this up with a visit to one of our offices in California or Oregon. I suspect I'll arrive jet-lagged on the Friday night if I can figure out the logisitics of getting there.
                    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

I'm also going to be back. Pending some logistics, I'd like to stay out for a whole week. Jack, any possibility of more backcounty the following weekend? I know that three in a row was pretty tough las time.

Option B is to head to Mt Bohemia the way I wanted to last season.
                      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                        I'm also going to be back. Pending some logistics, I'd like to stay out for a whole week. Jack, any possibility of more backcounty the following weekend? I know that three in a row was pretty tough las time. Option B is to head to Mt Bohemia the way I wanted to last season.
                        Hi Tim , yes .. my buddies and I will likely go out again the weekend after shredfest for more backcountry if you want to come along ... the other option would be for you and I and maybe Michael and any others who wanted to stay to go out into the backcountry again on wednesday after shredfest..
                        Michael who helped me guide during shredfest is staying for the whole shredfest event this year ...
                        the plan this year is for only two official backcountry days ... the Saturday before Shredfest starts will be a backcountry day for advanced skiboarders looking for steeper terrain ,with steep somewhat difficult climbing .. Sunday this year(1st official day of Shredfest) will be more laid back , less intense climbing and geared for intermediate skiboarders or those wanting to try out backcountry skiboarding for the first time with more moderate terrain ... One idea I have been kicking around for Sunday is a mixed ski area /backcountry day at Donner ski ranch . Donner ski ranch is a low key funky ski area with some old time slow lifts with nice moderate "side country" . Folks could mix up doing some ski area riding with a little backcountry to get a taste of it and would also allow us to accomodate a lot of folks if they wanted to try it out and to go back to the ski area easily for lift served if they got pooped out doing backcountry stuff... it will kind of depend on conditions if this is a viable trip ... Michael and I will join everyone for the Shredfest days at Alpine and Squaw on Monday and Tuesday ..
                        ps . did you ever finish your backcountry touring rig for the Bomber binding? be really interested in seeing some pictures of it if so ....
                        Jack
                        Boards :
                        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                        Boots
                        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                        Bindings:
                        Zero Pro Non release Binding
                        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by fourdown View Post
                          I am quite stoked for the festival of shreds. I will be out there longer this year.
                          "Festival of Shreds".... love it!
                          C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

I shall be in attendance to said short ski festivities this coming season.

Comment

That is so awesome that you are coming. Unlike Spring Steez this will surely include some fun, belligerent nights. Not that Steez wasn't fun, but I know you were hoping for some stumbling around.
                              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X