Midwest Meet 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule Update:
    Hey everyone, I'm not sure what calendar I was looking at when I created the poll - but those dates are actually Sunday/Monday. Here's an updated schedule with our chosen weekend.

Friday January 21, 2010

Arrive / Ride (depending on when you arrive)
    Stay in Cabins

Saturday January 22, 2010
    Ride
    Stay in Cabins

Sunday January 23, 2010
    Ride
    Head home at the end of the day

Who's coming?
    We'd like to get a tentative list going of confirmed and maybes. Please post and let us know if you're maybe coming or definitely coming and we'll add you to the list in the 2nd post of the thread.

Comment

I'm in, I'm going to try and get Graham to come up as well.
      Revel8 ALPdors
      Gold Revel8 Receptors
      Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
      ____
      Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
      If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

I of course am in. I've contacted Bohemia about lodging for those two nights and am waiting to hear back on availability. We should be ok because that won't be mardi gras weekend, so there should be no other conflicting big events like there was last year.

On a side note, I screwed up my knee a week ago and it's possible I may not be able to ride this season. Either way I am coming up as I enjoyed the cook out and the company so much last year that I wouldn't miss it!
        Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Also I've updated post 3 with estimated lodging costs, based off of last years event. It could change slightly depending on how many people we get. I'm also goign to keep track in that post of confirmed and maybe's. Let me know if you need me to move from either group. Courtney also has this in the main post.
          Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

Comment

I'd say that I'm a strong maybe. If I go, I'll probably go a couple days early and hit up a couple other hills first.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I'm a definite. Glad to hear that you'll be coming out even if you can't ride, Andrew. Are you planning on the cookout Friday again? I'd be more than happy to pitch in for the brats etc.
              RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Cool sempi

Yea Tim, I plan on cooking again Friday, hope the old Cav can make it up the hill this time so I dont have to carry everything up hill again haha. I used a little of the extra from last years lodging plus some of my own to pay for it, so I'm not worried about the cost. I will if it gets any larger then last year, but we had some grub left over for snacking on Saturday so it was all good. We'll probably do the same type of idea. People bring their own snacks etc and food for breakfest and lunch Saturday, and maybe hit up a restaurant on Saturday night. That was a fun break and a nice place we ate at. Maybe even hit up the Bear Lodge near by as well.

Comment

sempi - If you choose to purchase a Bohemia season pass ($99 if you buy on Saturday December 4th) you can add a pass to the Porkies for $25 extra I believe. May be something you'd like to check out. Hope you can make it!

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                    sempi - If you choose to purchase a Bohemia season pass ($99 if you buy on Saturday December 4th) you can add a pass to the Porkies for $25 extra I believe. May be something you'd like to check out. Hope you can make it!
                    Thanks for the info. I might do that.
                    Boards/Bindings:
                    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Another GREAT Skiboard Event!
                      That resort looks wild with all the vertical drops and black diamonds -wow!!
                      Have Fun Everyone!
                      C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkkid View Post
                        Another GREAT Skiboard Event!
                        That resort looks wild with all the vertical drops and black diamonds -wow!!
                        Have Fun Everyone!
                        Thanks! It's definitely a fun resort.

Comment

Jareball and are are a 90% (In the case he can't get leave from air force), in that case I'll have to find someone to go with

08 KTP's - FF-Pro's
                          Line Weapons - SnowJam X2
                          SnowJam 90TTs - SnowJam X2
                          Dalbello Aerro 67
                          Volcom Shatter Jacket (Spaids Light)

Comment

Matt, the offer still stands for a ride if you need it, hell, I've got enough space in my car for like 4 people comfortably.
                            Revel8 ALPdors
                            Gold Revel8 Receptors
                            Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                            ____
                            If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

As of right now I have 3 cabins reserved. Fits up to 12 in those 3 cabins. Last year I reserved 4 of them and we only used 2 of them. We aren't going on mardi gras weekend this year, thank god, so it shouldn't be an issue if we need more space. But keep in mind that in order for me to reserve another cabin I'll need to start collecting the money soon.

December 1st I'll post links etc to pay for your space in a cabin. Always keep in mind that I don't want to be footed with a huge bill if you say your coming and don't pay me, so I don't hold a cabin space for you until you pay. Easy as that.

I will need to scale down cabins by the 1st week in January if we aren't filling them up in order to avoid charges on my end.

As for my riding it's looking better and better each day. The knee is feeling good, so the next step is to do some working out to see how it reacts.

Can't wait!

Comment

If you play something, bring it, we'll jam after the resort closes... I know I'll probably be working on guitar the entire time I'm not on the slopes.
                                Revel8 ALPdors
                                Gold Revel8 Receptors
                                Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                                ____

Comment

Working...
                                X