No announcement yet.

Midwest Meet 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That sucks about the wind. I was planning on sleeping some more and heading out around 1am. Hoping the wind dies down some. Driving in that is never fun. Drive safe everyone. Take your time.

Comment

• I'm in Houghton right now. The drive in wasn't bad until I got within about 20 miles away from the Mackinac Bridge, and the snow started. It didn't last too long, but I ran into some pretty bad conditions once I hit 41. Visibility was almost non-existent, and the roads had not been cleared at all. I'm still planning on shooting to arrive at Bohemia tomorrow right around opening at 10:30.
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Follow updates from Bohemia this weekend via the SkiboardReview.com Twitter feed found found in my signature.
        Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

• Great event everyone! Thanks for coming to; Courtney, Tim, Nolan, Marshall, Dennis and an appearance by Scott!! Next year we will rock it again, and with these conditions, I have a feeling January will be the time frame again!!
          Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

Comment

• Thanks for coming everyone! It was a blast and the conditions were great.

Here are some photos (you don't need to have Facebook to view them)
            http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=4bc69a607e

We hope to have more riders join us next year. There are plenty of carpool / airport pick up options. Mount Bohemia is a hidden gem and always a great time.

Comment

• Just got home about an hour ago. That was probably the craziest trip so far in my skiboarding experience. I'm definitely looking forward to next year. Hopefully, our luck with board integrity will be better.

I'll post up some of my pictures later, but right now I need to sleep.

Edit: I started a thread in the media section, so people can access pictures more easily.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Just woke up a few hours ago after driving back with Tim and then driving home. I slept about 18 hours

It was such an awesome meet. The riding was great (except for the cross country trek) and i found myself pushing to do more than i normally do. I definately skilled up on that mountain.

Dennis, thanks for the interesting and eventful ride up to bohemia. I dont think i've ever gone on a trip where anything that could go wrong did. Let me know if you happen to find a pair of glasses, they werent in my car.

Tim, thanks for the instruction on elastomers...and for the impromtu ride home. You're a stand up guy.

Courtney, thanks for filming everything. I'm sure you would have rathered drop the cliffs that you were filming us doing.

Nolan, thanks for the comedic relief. Its nice to know that if i ever need a flashlight, i know you've got it covered.

Andrew, thanks for the food and the organization. You definately went above and beyond for the rest of us.

Really looking forward to next year guys!

Comment

• I'm still in the UP lol
                  Revel8 ALPdors
                  Gold Revel8 Receptors
                  Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                  ____
                  Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                  If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

• Oh, WOW! I saw your status update, are they working on your car? Was that why we were swerving on everything and smelled something burning?

Comment

• Originally posted by DennisEvans View Post
                      I'm still in the UP lol
                      Dude that sucks! This has been one hell of a trip for you! Hope it gets fixed up soon so you can get home!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
                        Just woke up a few hours ago after driving back with Tim and then driving home. I slept about 18 hours

It was such an awesome meet. The riding was great (except for the cross country trek) and i found myself pushing to do more than i normally do. I definately skilled up on that mountain.

Dennis, thanks for the interesting and eventful ride up to bohemia. I dont think i've ever gone on a trip where anything that could go wrong did. Let me know if you happen to find a pair of glasses, they werent in my car.

Tim, thanks for the instruction on elastomers...and for the impromtu ride home. You're a stand up guy.

Courtney, thanks for filming everything. I'm sure you would have rathered drop the cliffs that you were filming us doing.

Nolan, thanks for the comedic relief. Its nice to know that if i ever need a flashlight, i know you've got it covered.

Andrew, thanks for the food and the organization. You definately went above and beyond for the rest of us.

Really looking forward to next year guys!
                        You are very welcome Marshall. I was glad to see you make it out this year, we should have a blast again next year, except you'll have to wait for me on the slope instead of in the kitchen!

Comment

• KP108, red or black?

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                            KP108, red or black?
                            Black

Comment

• Originally posted by adeehr View Post
                              Black
                              ten of hearts, drink 4
                              Revel8 ALPdors
                              Gold Revel8 Receptors
                              Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                              ____
                              If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
                                Oh, WOW! I saw your status update, are they working on your car? Was that why we were swerving on everything and smelled something burning?
                                Yeah that's why we were swerving all over
                                Revel8 ALPdors
                                Gold Revel8 Receptors
                                Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                                ____

Comment

Working...
                                X