Midwest Meet 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sempai View Post
    Probable change of plans....Since The Porkies look like they won't have snowcat skiing open by Friday, I'll probably be at Bohemia then.
    That's excellent. You should be able to meet up with me and Dennis to ride. I don't know what time I'll actually get to Bohemia on Friday, but it should be before noon. Since there really isnt much cell reception there, we may just have to hope to bump into each other. I'll be the tall guy on '08 Condors.

That reminds me, we did have radios last year, which I thought was helpful. I'll be bringing my two, and I'll probably have one on me Friday. I'll post up what channel I'll be tuned to, so anyone with a radio can hopefully contact me that day.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Tim I'll bring mine as well. That way I can let you know when I'm there and when the cabins will be open. I will be set to 13.1, lol mine are still set to that from last year. If you don't hear me because you're knee deep give me a buzz about 2pm, I should be up there by then.
      Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

• Note: Opening times are different on week days vs weekends.

Friday: 10:30 AM
        Saturday & Sunday: 9:30 AM

I'll be timing my drive to hopefully arrive a little before opening on Friday. Anyone want to meet at the main lift around that time?

I'm short, have a purple or blue jacket, neon yellow/green pants and a white helmet. I'll be on 2011 KTPs.

Looks like it's supposed to snow all week!

Comment

• I'll shoot for that too. It'll definitely be easier to meet up that way.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Courtney View Post
            Cool, I'm looking forward to hearing how the other resorts you hit are.

I went to Indian Head back around 2005. It kind of reminded me of resorts like Spirit Mountain and Giants Ridge.
            I'm heading up to White Cap tonight to ski tomorrow. I'm bringing my laptop and hope to post a report daily with each resort I hit.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• Originally posted by Courtney View Post
              Note: Opening times are different on week days vs weekends.

Friday: 10:30 AM
              Saturday & Sunday: 9:30 AM

I'll be timing my drive to hopefully arrive a little before opening on Friday. Anyone want to meet at the main lift around that time?

I'm short, have a purple or blue jacket, neon yellow/green pants and a white helmet. I'll be on 2011 KTPs.

Looks like it's supposed to snow all week!
              I have 2010 ALPs and I'll be there friday hopefully
              Revel8 ALPdors
              Gold Revel8 Receptors
              Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
              ____
              Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
              If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

• I'll be the bearded guy trying to push his car up the hill, if not there, I'll hang out around cabins 5/6. In case you'll be wondering, my last name should be taped to the doors, Deehr.
                Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

Comment

• Andrew, I'll probably try to take a break around 2pm on Friday if that's when you'll be arriving. That way I'll be available if you need a hand getting stuff to the cabins.

Edit: I have been unable to locate the charger for my radios, so I won't be reachable that way. I'll check one more time before I leave the house tonight, but I'm not too hopeful.

Comment

• No worries Tim, we know what each other looks like and when you hit the cabin I can pass you my other walkie, then the riders will have one and I'll have one at base camp.

Comment

• Oh hmm, not sure if I had a beard last year....I have a beard now.

Comment

• I think I'll still recognize you.

I was just looking at the weather. It appears that we will have snow showers every day, which is good. On the negative side, I saw wind chill factors down to -15. Bring your layers people.

Comment

• Cold temps or not, still gonna be ill guys. Can't wait. 4.5 hours of work and 2 hours of class tomorrow before the drive of 14 hours. Essentially I'm only 20.5 hours away though I don't think time works quite like that.
                          Revel8 ALPdors
                          Gold Revel8 Receptors
                          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                          ____
                          Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                          If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

• Something else I just though of. Remember that they charge $1 per day for using your season pass, so make sure you have cash.

I'm just about to leave work now. I'm hoping to be on the road by midnight. That should get me to Houghton Thursday evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                              I think I'll still recognize you.

I was just looking at the weather. It appears that we will have snow showers every day, which is good. On the negative side, I saw wind chill factors down to -15. Bring your layers people.
                              I was at White Cap in WI today. It wasn't too bad until in the afternoon when the wind started to pick up. It then got pretty cold. I'm in Ironwood, MI right now. I'm planning to go to either Indianhead or Big Powderhorn tomorrow, I just saw the forecast for this area. It's not looking good. They say down to 25 below with the wind.
                              Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• I wanted to give a quick report of the weather up here. Right now in Ironwood it's 1 degree, snowing like crazy, windy as hell. Snow is blowing and road conditions pretty much suck. What is everyone's status? Who's leaving when, and is anyone changing there mind about coming? I just got in from a very cold day at Big Powderhorn. I'm off now to jump into my in-room jacuzzi to thaw out.
                                Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                                Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Working...
                                X