• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noooooooo.......

Comment

yeah i will be in cali. sorry hersh
      Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

I'd still like to see the Open take place. I want to go to Shredfest, but I'd rather go to the Open since it's closer and cheaper for me. If I can secure the funds to make it to Shredfest, I can afford to make it to the Open first.

Hershel, give us the minimum number of people you need, and let's see I this wi work. I'm willing to even put a deposit down now for it.
        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by hn03076 View Post
          Ok so it's the only day I have...and I worked hard to find a place. If Shredfest meet and greet is that important and this is going to cause hard feelings I'll cancel the US Open. Things don't always work out. The last thing I want to do is step on another groups toes.

I didn't really have a feel after this thread that there were a lot of east coasters actually going to Shredfest. But it seems I'm mistaken.

US OPEN - Canceled
          The Meet and Greet is not the issue, it's missing the first day of riding on Sunday. No hard feelings, just logistical stuff that I hope can be worked out.
          Last edited by Greco; 10-08-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

why dont we find out how many people would be going to the open, and not going to shred fest.

i wouldnt be surpirsed if there are enought to make it happen.

im def not going to shred fest for financial reasons, and would be at the open 100%
            Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

I'm with Jason on this one, I loved it last year and would love to see it continue. I, like Jason, can't make it to shredfest this year. So I'm down for as many east coast meets as possible this year.
              Revel8 ALPdors
              Gold Revel8 Receptors
              Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
              ____
              Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
              If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Meet n Greet is not as important as having the US Open happen. do it. Gotta keep events happening on both sides of our country so folks can get together.

For those there on Saturday in Tahoe, we will still do the meet n greet at Jacks. Sunday we do start skiboarding, but we also ride Mon & Tues and even on Wed there will be folks still there riding together at a resort with Jack, Slow, Wendal and several others. Plenty of time to ride with fellow skiboarders!

The US Open needs to still happen. Riders make your commitments to Hersh and have a blast!

Shredfest will pretty much always be that last weekend if Feb each year withactual riding Sun-Tues and beyond since so many stay longer. Sat will remain the arrival day with meet n greet that evening. Just trying to keep it mainstay event that folks can plan on each year at the same time. We can most certainly make changes if and when need be.

Hersh works very hard to get this going and finding a resort to host it, that's alot of work for someone to do when resorts aren't to favorable to skiboards half the time.

US OPEN CAN HAPPEN and WILL HAPPEN! What do you say Hersh? what do you all say?
                C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Roussel View Post
                  why dont we find out how many people would be going to the open, and not going to shred fest.

i wouldnt be surpirsed if there are enought to make it happen.

im def not going to shred fest for financial reasons, and would be at the open 100%
                  I want to go!

Comment

I cant go to shred fest, school is big for me, I'm in on the idea of the US open at Crotched MT, and I'm willing to help in anyway possible to get the open going this year. So I'm in all the way!! =)

Comment

I was really hoping for and earlier date hersh. I get married on the 26th.
                      live it, love it,rip it!!

Comment

I had a blast just hanging out with you guys last time. I would definitely come to just hang out again even if I'm on a one planker.

Comment

maybe just do a more low-key US Open at whatever resort you prefer on whatever day works best for all. I don't think the two events are what are really conflicting... most from East coast really can't afford to come all the way to Tahoe, so... having the US Open.. or some kind of cool Skiboard event... is what they look forward to doing & seeing everyone they can and just riding together and sure, showing off some in friendly competition.... pick a day and resort and keep it simple and low key... it'll work. No stress No hassle this year for it. See how many can go. You have time to figure it out. good luck, I know it can be done.
                          C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Our sincerest apologies to everyone. Not only are we going to have to cancel the US Open but we've also decided to take down the skiboardplanet.com website. We'll be finishing up the videos from this year and we'll post them but after that the site will be coming down.

We put a lot of work into trying to make the US Open happen this year. A scheduling conflict with Shredfest III, in which we respect all of our west coasters so much, is only one of the reasons for things not happening for us.

To reschedule takes a lot of work, and quite frankly, I just don't have the time. Both Normand and I are working 7 days a week, yes we created that ourselves, but unfortunately our winter time activities are what's to suffer, including Skiboard Planet and the US Open.

It's certianly not our intentions to post up confusing statements, we at Skiboard Planet do humbly apologize for letting you guys down. I think all of you know we enjoy this event!! And we'll miss the fun this year

We're down, but don't count us out all the way...there's still a future in skiboarding...!!

Hershel
                            ALP / Spruce Riser Pro,
                            HELMET CAM for recording cool Shxt

Skiboard to inspire....

Comment

thanks for the great 2 years youve given us so far hersh. ill be waiting to see what happens next year
                              facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
                                thanks for the great 2 years youve given us so far hersh. ill be waiting to see what happens next year
                                amen to that. thanks hersh and normand
                                Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

Working...
                                X