Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greco , Kirk T , Ben W to Attend Shredfest!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greco , Kirk T , Ben W to Attend Shredfest!!!

I am happy to annouce that our surprise guests at the Tahoe shredfest are the man himself Greco , who is bringing along
    Kirk Thompson and Ben Wannamaker as well as a couple of newbies ! They will be staying in South Lake Tahoe sharing a place with Dave Cox . I am totally excited about the get together . G, Kirk , Ben and crew will be riding with us on Sunday 2/22 at Kirkwood and on Monday 2/23 at Heavenly . There are nice park features right at the base at Kirkwood , as well as on the Tamarack lifts at the top of the Gondola station and on Comet over on the Nevada side . It has been a very long time since Tahoe has seen skiboarders at this level do their thing and it will be real cool to see some jaws dropping amongst the skiers and snowboarders. Well , I think our jaws will drop too!

Ok anyone who has been sitting on the fence about coming out , better look into getting some tickets ! If you are coming email me at jack.jue@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
    give me your name , and any other attendees , what days you will be riding , what kind of trails you like and your cell phone number , I will reply with my cell phone number and put you on our email list ..

Amazing , amazing .. this is so great !!!
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

ps . besides riding in the park , Greco has informed me that he also wants to film skiboarders in the steeps at Kirkwood and in the trees at Heavenly . Right on ! those of you into some tree pow riding or steep black diamond stuff here is your chance to see how the pros do it !
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Hey G,

Will you be bringing some of your boards with you so that you can show people on the mountain what Revel8 is and what the sport of skiboarding is all about? I think this would be a great time to sell some boards cuz if they see Ben and Kirk every kid on the mountain will wanna be a part of skiboarding. Plus we need that over here on the west coast, we are not educated on skiboarding.
      Maybe a tent with some demo boards? lol. But this is gonna be awesome to ride with such amazing people.
      10 Revel8 Condors
      08 Revel8 BWP w/ 08 Bomber's
      Line Five-0's w/ Snowjam Extreme II's
      Line Jedi's on the Skibike
      Line FF composite

Comment

Great News!

That is really cool that Greco, Kirk & Ben can make it the Shredfest in Tahoe!!!!!
        Everyone is sure gonna have a fun time... and It's gonna be so sweet watching these guys and the other riders on the slopes and in the parks and just having this size of a group invade the Tahoe snow! woo-hoo!

Nice going R8, glad you can make it.

We'll see about setting up a time and place for watching these guys in action too!
        Awesome they are gonna do some tree and steep filming! Have your boards ready and your coolest shred attire on!

See you all at Kirkwood in 19 days... or at Jack's condo in 18!

Shelley
        C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Hehe, ever since Dcox said there were gonna be three special guests I had already pegged it at most likely being those three. I really wish I could make it. Riding with those guys was awesome in Colorado. In fact my only complaint about the trip was that I was hoping to spend some more time in the steeps and trees, hehe. G, you need to bring the crew out to New Mexico some day. We now have two solid parks along with the infamous Taos ridge. For those of you making it up to Shredfest, you're going to have a good time.
          I do it because I can.
          I can because I want to.
          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
          '08 KTPs

Comment

it's going to be a great time - I'm looking forward to progressing a bit with these guys showing us how it's done... I'm just glad I'll be able to hit the slopes this friday prior to the meet to work out some kinks since it's been a year for me.

I think a tent is a great idea, but logistically could be troublesome. I believe you would need to bring your own tent and signage as the resort wouldn't provide them, would be tough to bring on the plane. Also you'd need someone to man the booth and give out info (I would do this actually). then the logistics of getting all of the boards there and he wouldn't be able to sell them unless he had a California resale license (to charge tax), and the county business license (which can take a few weeks to process)

with more planning it could be done, and if G ever wants to do it, he knows I would help get everything in order for him.

gonna be fun kids!
            Dave | Elevendy

Comment

There will certaily be lots of extra boards from us riders going who can bring their quivers. I have a skier flying out from Virgina who will be renting ski's and the resort BUT he is VERY eager and curious to try our skiboards. If someone else is interested in trying a pair they don't have but are thinking of buying, Kirkwood is the best place for this to happen since we will have our vehicles their with our boards.

I wonder if we should contact Kirkwood at all about us coming and maybe spark their crew's nterest in watching the riders at a given time and park, maybe they can announce a plug ot something?????????? dunno, you know me, just thinking out loud to everyone, brain venting really is what it really is. ha!
              C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Do you guys know if we can get a group discounted ticket? I am an REI member so i get my discount but i was wondering if Kirkwood gives one. I think Sierra does. Oh and for the heavenly day go to savemart or Lucky's to get your tickets since its only 70 instead of 82

Oh and Shelly i cant wait i love the fact that as skiboarders we love to share our passion. I thank anyone that will let others try out boards. I really am looking to get more next season. Probably leaning more towards a powder board or atleast longer than my BWP's lol. I cant believe only 19 days!!!
                10 Revel8 Condors
                08 Revel8 BWP w/ 08 Bomber's
                Line Five-0's w/ Snowjam Extreme II's
                Line Jedi's on the Skibike
                Line FF composite

Comment

Originally posted by pinkkid View Post
                  There will certaily be lots of extra boards from us riders going who can bring their quivers. I have a skier flying out from Virgina who will be renting ski's and the resort BUT he is VERY eager and curious to try our skiboards. If someone else is interested in trying a pair they don't have but are thinking of buying, Kirkwood is the best place for this to happen since we will have our vehicles their with our boards.!
                  Shelley, as I recall they have rental lockers at Kirkwood right there handy at the base lodge. That might be handier for folks swapping out and bringing extra skiboards, it would sure be easier than walking back and forth to cars in the parking lot in ski boots, and more secure than leaving bare boards in the racks. I imagine we'll have our own locker, typically one comes with a room.

Really super news about the R8 crew attending, that will be a real treat for us.

Bill

Comment

That is great news. Looking forward to seeing the Pros (and Legends)!
                    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Good idea for the lockers.

Dcox is working on a very good deal for KW lift tickets... he just emailed everyone. I still need two more ticket for my brother and a friend. I emailed ya Dave.

Yes they(KW & Heavenly) do have group rates... forget how many have to be in your party.

Lucky's/Savemart is a great place to go(Northern and valley stores), otherwise Costco.com breaks down to about $60 per person at Kirkwood.

Heavenly, I bought the 2 fer 1 lift deal at Zumiez sporting store.
                      C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

You guys are making me want to come even more. And I already really want to come.

I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY! Stop making me try to spend it. /sigh

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
                        Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
                        Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by EmptiMind View Post
                          You guys are making me want to come even more. And I already really want to come.

I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY! Stop making me try to spend it. /sigh
                          nobody's making ya... save your pennies and we'll do it again next season.... or
                          Hitch hike and come on out anyways!!!! LOL OK maybe Tempting you to come!
                          C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Working...
                          X