Official Dates SBOL 1st Annual Shredfest- Lake Tahoe Feb '09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Dates SBOL 1st Annual Shredfest- Lake Tahoe Feb '09

The SBOL Forum Riders have established the official dates for the 1st Annual Skiboarding Shredfest!

DATES: SUN-MON-TUES FEBRUARY 22nd 23rd, 24th.

ARRIVAL: SAT FEBRUARY 21st

MEET-N-GREET: SAT EVENING FEBRUARY 21st at a TBD Place.

WHO: SBOL Forum SKIBOARDERS, FAMILY & FRIENDS.

WHERE: SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA & NV.
    (possibly majority lodging at Lake Land Village Condo's or Lake Side Inn).

SKIBOARDING RESORTS: TBD but so far KIRKWOOD, SQUAW, SUGAR BOWL & HEAVENLY are the top picks with Kirkwood leading, Squaw & Sugar Bowl tied, then Heavenly. Honorable mentions are Homewood & Alpine Meadows tied.

WHY: BECAUSE WE LOVE THE SPORT!

*Those who prefer a Ski in/Ski out lodging, Kirkwood is recommended.

*Reno airport for flyers; shuttles available.

*Additional skiboard days will be forming for those staying longer.

*Ski resorts are at both South Shore & North Shore (Mid way resorts to either side are considered Howewood & Diamond Peak).
    Last edited by pinkkid; 05-15-2008, 07:25 PM.
    C U N DA SNOW!

Sounds good

Shelley,

Thank you very much for the early coordination. I'll need to talk to the Minister Of Finance to see if travel plans need to be arranged for 1 or 5. I'd love to get all of us over but the exceedingly practical MOF might bulk at the idea. As practical as she is you should meet her bum-for-a-husband. She must have been heavily medicated is all I can say. By the way, is that President's Day weekend? I might be working on a US schedule by then.
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

LOL! Your ar funny Vannon, that would be a treat if you all can swing it, but I certainly understand the finances!

It is the weekend after Pres holiday. Trust me it gets so busy during that weekend ya can't even find a place to park at the resorts! Way too crowded.

Shelley
      C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Re: Official Dates SBOL 1st Annual Shredfest- Lake Tahoe Feb '09

Originally posted by pinkkid
        The SBOL Forum Riders have established the official dates for the 1st Annual Skiboarding Shredfest!
        DATES: SUN-MON-TUES FEBRUARY 21st, 22nd, 23rd.
        Shelley & the rest of the Gang:

Barring a trainwreck, those dates should work for Carolyn and I.

Being fond of the ski-in & out thing, we're thinking of booking something slopeside at Kirkwood, calling Thursday a travel day, getting there on Friday and travelling home on the following Tuesday. It's possible we might bring another couple along.

Thanks again for all your effort and enthusiasm!

Bill

Comment

You guys will love it there! Just to throw this your way... Squaw, though on the North Shore and later in the week riders will be there... is a really neat place for ski in ski out as well. Just something to compare Kirkwood with for ya!

Think you'll ski Saturday? we MIGHT, come in Friday night rather than Saturday, but a big might.

That'll be great to bring another couple along. More the merry.
          Last edited by pinkkid; 05-05-2008, 02:33 PM.
          C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Here are some pictures of some Tahoe resorts that we will ski I've taken over the years. There is no order to this as I am new to using Flickr. Click on the North Shore Resort icon and then on slideshow. You'll get a description of the photo if you click on it. I hope it works as it was some pain to put together.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wjeong/

Wendell
            Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
            Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
            Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
            History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Dates are good for me too thanks Shelly :-)
              Crossbow (go to dream board)
              Most everything else over time.
              Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by pinkkid
                Think you'll ski Saturday? we MIGHT, come in Friday night rather than Saturday, but a big might.
                Shelley:

Who knows? That's our thinking now but there's time to adjust as this evolves. It's a major plus to have the input from folks like y'all, Wendell, Jack, Dave, etc. who are familiar with these places. We are not the sort who are inclined to try and ski every resort and see every sight in one short trip.

Wendell:

Your slideshow worked fine, that's beautiful country. Thanks for putting that together.

Bill
                Last edited by Bill; 05-06-2008, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Wendell! Heavenly does look good! I am now excited to possibly ski there! So I appreciated the pictures.

Bill- yep, we sure do have time and things can certainly change as it's gets closer. I think we all seem to be flexible enough to work with whatever happens. I am def not booking anything yet even though I kind of want to.

Possible South Shore Sun-Mon-Tues Resort Line up:
                  Sun-Kirkwood; maybe SBOL rider clinic/exhibition G?
                  Mon-Heavenly; great views big resort, maybe pick a meeting time/place mid day?
                  Tues- Sierra At Tahoe or Diamond Peak; a nice relaxing ski day with good views, a fun day. Can be a half day for some.

North Shore Line up can be this:
                  Wed- travel to north shore, rest! or ski!
                  Thursday-Squaw!!!!!!!! Big day! I;m getting tired.
                  Friday- Sugar Bowl, another fun ski day, but legs are finally worn out!
                  Sat-UGH!
                  Soak in jacuzzi whenever possible!
                  C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

That jacuzzi thing.................................oh yeah!!!!
                    Go Android

Comment

so, Dave, do you pretty much follow the snow around the globe???? Pretty cool if so!
                      C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Certainly follow the snow around Europe, but it takes me half a year to recover from winter, both financially and health wise :-)
                        Go Android

Comment

I hear ya, amen!

here's a fun picture of myself & my brother during February a few years ago!

Last edited by pinkkid; 05-06-2008, 02:14 PM.
                          C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

I think this is a great idea. Thanks shelly and who ever else helped to organize this event. We need more folks like you in this wonderful sport. let me know if I can help
                            live it, love it,rip it!!

Comment

It'll be great to have ya in Tahoe with us Brett!
                              (be nice to see some condor's fly! LOL)

We'll keep you and everyone posted as time goes by... quickly I hope.

Latest is still waiting to hear back from Lake Land Village (i'll call again), and still working on t-shirts.

Jack, re grab those reigns and let 'er rip for the trip!

Shelley
                              C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Working...
                              X