Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westfest 2018 Meet Up Times And Roll Call !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westfest 2018 Meet Up Times And Roll Call !

Great job Tom for organizing who is coming on which days. The current head count is twelve.

I will leave it up to Tom and Courtney(if you send me the details I'll cut and paste them in) to let folks know about the Park City days, but here are the meet up times and places for the four official "Cottonwood" days of Westfest 2018. Tracey and I will be skiing PowMow and Beaver Mountain earlier in the week if anyone is interested.

Brighton is reporting ten inches of fresh powder overnight, and a total of two feet from the current storm. The weather pattern is looking good leading into next week with a strong front bringing more snow. Keep those fingers crossed!

Tracey and I will try to be at each location by 8:30 for the lifts opening at 9:00. I know that sounds a little early, but we like to take our time getting ready. Any time after 8:30 should be fine.

If anyone wants my cell just PM me.

Here are the locations;

Tuesday the 23rd, Park City Tom and Courtney

Wednesday the 24th, Park City Tom and Courtney

Thursday the 25th, Snowbird. There is an outdoor plaza at the top of the main building where the tram is located. The ticket offices are also there. You enter the building at the parking lot level and have to walk up about three flights of shops to get there. I think there is also an elevator. It's a nice open area to see folks and meet up. We will start the day on the tram, then head over to the glades off the Gad lifts.

Friday the 26th, Alta There are two bases locations here. We want the first one you come to when taking the bus or driving up. It is known as the Wildcat Base. The meeting place is outside the restaurant called The Goldminer's Daughter. There are restrooms are located in the restaurant building and the ticket office is directly opposite. We start by taking up the Collins lift up, down to Wildcat and then explore from there.

Saturday the 27th, Solitude There is only one entrance. The ticket office is on the parking level along with a changing room and restrooms. In between the buildings are steps that lead up to the main area. We will meet by the ski racks right outside of the restaurant. Again, this is a nice open area to see and meet people. We usually take the Moonbeam Express up first.

Saturday Night Banquet 7pm The Olive Garden, Towne South, Sandy

Sunday the 28th, Brighton There are two base areas here, we want the main one that the bus stops at. The restrooms and ticket office are located on the parking level. There is a restaurant at the top of the hill, we will meet outside of that. We will be taking Majestic up first to warm up, then the Crest Express to hit Wren Hollow. We usually end up searching for powder in the trees off the Snake Creek Express.
    Just these, nothing else !

Last year I met Russ at the Canyons parking lot. It's free and we jumped on the gondola to get up to the base of the mountain from there. I'll refer to Russ as the local expert, but I'd imagine this is likely our best option for meeting up. We geared up in the parking lot and headed off for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
      Last year I met Russ at the Canyons parking lot. It's free and we jumped on the gondola to get up to the base of the mountain from there. I'll refer to Russ as the local expert, but I'd imagine this is likely our best option for meeting up. We geared up in the parking lot and headed off for the day.
      That's where I prefer to park, and it's fun to ride the bucket up.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
        That's where I prefer to park, and it's fun to ride the bucket up.
        Is that where we parked the first year when we stayed in Park City?

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
          Is that where we parked the first year when we stayed in Park City?
          Yes. Back then the two resorts were separate. We parked at The Canyons lot one day. That's where you ride up the bucket, and the Orange Bubble Express was to the right when you get through the gate. Then the other day we parked at Park City Mountain. I remember there being two lifts a short distance from the lot.
          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I'll be up late Wednesday night, work permitting. I'm just curious on where the meeting is to head up to the mountain? I think we're all staying in or near the same area. But being solo and a first timer I'm not sure on where's and when's ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
              I'm just curious on where the meeting is to head up to the mountain? I think we're all staying in or near the same area. But being solo and a first timer I'm not sure on where's and when's ?

Where are you staying? We'll be heading to Snowbird early Thursday morning. Bad Wolf gave details on the time and where to meet at the top of this thread. Just keep an eye on the group chat we have going in Facebook Messenger. We'll check in to confirm with everyone.
              Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                I'll be up late Wednesday night, work permitting. I'm just curious on where the meeting is to head up to the mountain? I think we're all staying in or near the same area. But being solo and a first timer I'm not sure on where's and when's ?
                Tracey and I are in the Hampton, and I think a few folks are in the Extended Stay next door. We usually pick a parking lot to meet up in and then car pool from there. Lets just make it the Extended Stay @ 7:15 to 7:30 ish.

Is that good with everyone?

Where are you staying Tom?

Comment

Westfest 2018 Meet Up Times And Roll Call !

Perfect as that's where I'm staying . I'm at the Extended Stay

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                    Where are you staying Tom?
                    I'm just down the road at the Residence Inn. Meeting at Extended Stay works for me. The earlier the better.

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                      I'm just down the road at the Residence Inn. Meeting at Extended Stay works for me. The earlier the better.
                      Cool. You'll just swing by and pick us all up then, right?
                      Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                      Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                        Cool. You'll just swing by and pick us all up then, right?
                        Absolutely. Women in the car, guys hanging on for dear life on top of car.

Seriously though, you and Angie can jump in with us Tuesday through Thursday at the very least. Maybe the whole trip depending if I get upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                          Seriously though, you and Angie can jump in with us Tuesday through Thursday at the very least. Maybe the whole trip depending if I get upgraded.
                          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                          Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                            Canyons side sounds good. I was on the Park City side yesterday and it was a bit better than I thought it would be. Trees were still a bit sketchy, but they don't need too much more. Fingers crossed for just a bit more snow. I'll likely be up there a bunch of times so I'll know where the snow is best.
                            Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
                            Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
                            Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100

Comment

I'm driving up in my AWD Crosstrek

Comment

Working...
                              X