2018 Festival Schedule - Mark Your Calendars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Just before the forum goes into hibernation, here are the dates for next year's skiboard festivals. Please note that these dates are tentative, and sometimes change based on conditions and attendance. These are all great events to make new friends, meet old ones, try new gear, hang with the pro riders, improve your skiing and experience amazing resorts and conditions. They are just plain old fun!

Westfest
    Alta/Snowbird/Brighton/Solitude
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    January 25th through 28th 2018 (Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
    Contact @Bad Wolf @Sempai
    Four resorts in four days slaying the greatest snow on earth. Bring your flotation devices!
    Are these Westfest dates definitive? Moving to Thursday through Sunday format (opposed to this year's Friday through Monday)?

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
      Are these Westfest dates definitive? Moving to Thursday through Sunday format (opposed to this year's Friday through Monday)?
      Yes. Any objections?
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
        Yes. Any objections?
        No objections here. Just doing some winter planning in June and taking a look at the options.

I know Park City was discussed as a possibility. Is that off the table for the official Westfest days and just an add-on pre or post fest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No objections here. Just doing some winter planning in June and taking a look at the options.

I know Park City was discussed as a possibility. Is that off the table for the official Westfest days and just an add-on pre or post fest?
          Sempai and I have always tired to keep an open mind as far as resorts go for Westfest. In fact the original Westfest (Powdown) was held in Park City, but the cost was prohibitive and the conditions less than hoped for. Park City frequently comes up because many folks have the Epic Pass. Unfortunately if you don't have the Epic Pass, the Vail resorts become unreasonably expensive to include at a cost of over $130. We felt it's best just to stick to our original format, which is to use the Superpass and visit the four "Cottonwood" resorts of Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude. The cost averages out to just over $70 per day, which is tough to beat for four world class resorts. The Sandy area also offers HUGE savings for accommodations over Park City. We worked out that we were saving close to $500 per person when we based the event out of Sandy the second year. The other benefit is that the Cottonwoods get more snowfall than Park City due to to their elevation and exposure. This isn't an issue most seasons, but it a low snow year can be make or break for an event like ours. We did move the days from Friday through Monday to, Thursday through Sunday to make travelling easier.

Obviously there is no reason folks with the Epic Passes can't add a day or two to enjoy Park City. Mrs Wolf and I often turn it into a week long ski vacation so we can use our Snowbasin benefits through the Powder Alliance.
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Sempai and I have always tired to keep an open mind as far as resorts go for Westfest. In fact the original Westfest (Powdown) was held in Park City, but the cost was prohibitive and the conditions less than hoped for. Park City frequently comes up because many folks have the Epic Pass. Unfortunately if you don't have the Epic Pass, the Vail resorts become unreasonably expensive to include at a cost of over $130. We felt it's best just to stick to our original format, which is to use the Superpass and visit the four "Cottonwood" resorts of Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude. The cost averages out to just over $70 per day, which is tough to beat for four world class resorts. The Sandy area also offers HUGE savings for accommodations over Park City. We worked out that we were saving close to $500 per person when we based the event out of Sandy the second year. The other benefit is that the Cottonwoods get more snowfall than Park City due to to their elevation and exposure. This isn't an issue most seasons, but it a low snow year can be make or break for an event like ours. We did move the days from Friday through Monday to, Thursday through Sunday to make travelling easier.

Obviously there is no reason folks with the Epic Passes can't add a day or two to enjoy Park City. Mrs Wolf and I often turn it into a week long ski vacation so we can use our Snowbasin benefits through the Powder Alliance.
            It all makes sense to me - especially since I don't have an Epic pass

I was just checking because I don't think there was ever any closure to this question on this thread: https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16648

Comment

It all makes sense to me - especially since I don't have an Epic pass

I was just checking because I don't think there was ever any closure to this question on this thread: https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16648
              Neither do I, and I might have a family of 3 of us and that might add up real quick.
              Does having the Epic pass have benefits for people that live in California and don't normally travel outside of it? I have a Mammoth mountain calif4nia pass already , but not to sure that saves me anything outside of it's 4 resorts in California?
              I understand the company that bought Mammoth is also the ones that put out the epic pass ? Just wondering if I'll be able to add this pass to my pass ?
              I plan on going to the Shredfest ten too. Does that epic pass work on those mountains in Tahoe too ?
              Lots of planning ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                Neither do I, and I might have a family of 3 of us and that might add up real quick.
                Does having the Epic pass have benefits for people that live in California and don't normally travel outside of it? I have a Mammoth mountain calif4nia pass already , but not to sure that saves me anything outside of it's 4 resorts in California?
                I understand the company that bought Mammoth is also the ones that put out the epic pass ? Just wondering if I'll be able to add this pass to my pass ?
                I plan on going to the Shredfest ten too. Does that epic pass work on those mountains in Tahoe too ?
                Lots of planning ahead
                Epic Ski Passes

As you can see ^^ above ^^, there is a variety of Epic Passes available which offer different benefits depending where you live. You would have to work out where, and how often, you plan to ski to work out which pass is best value for you. Another option is the Mountain Collective Pass which includes coverage at Snowbird and Alta for Westfest and Squaw for Shredfest.

Mountain Collective Pass

Comment

Epic Ski Passes

As you can see ^^ above ^^, there is a variety of Epic Passes available which offer different benefits depending where you live. You would have to work out where, and how often, you plan to ski to work out which pass is best value for you. Another option is the Mountain Collective Pass which includes coverage at Snowbird and Alta for Westfest and Squaw for Shredfest.

Mountain Collective Pass
                  Thanks for that info.
                  I wonder why the Epic Pass in in £ instead of $

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                    Thanks for that info.
                    I wonder why the Epic Pass in in £ instead of $
                    Oh funny, I didn't notice that. I'm visiting my parents in the UK right now, so I guess Google must have accessed the British version of the Epic web site!

Comment

Working...
                    X