2018 Festival Schedule - Mark Your Calendars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Festival Schedule - Mark Your Calendars

Just before the forum goes into hibernation, here are the dates for next year's skiboard festivals. Please note that these dates are tentative, and sometimes change based on conditions and attendance. These are all great events to make new friends, meet old ones, try new gear, hang with the pro riders, improve your skiing and experience amazing resorts and conditions. They are just plain old fun!

Mid West Meet
    Mount Bohemia
    Michigan Peninsula
    January 19th through 21st 2018 (Fri/Sat/Sun)
    Contact @Courtney
    Epic shredding in the expert glades and lake effect snow of the frozen north. KTPs recommended but not required.

Westfest
    Alta/Snowbird/Brighton/Solitude
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    January 25th through 28th 2018 (Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
    Contact @Bad Wolf @Sempai
    Four resorts in four days slaying the greatest snow on earth. Bring your flotation devices!

Shredfest
    North Lake Tahoe
    NoCal, Nevada
    Febuary 26th, 27th, 28th 2018 (Mon/Tues/Wed) with the Meet and Greet on Sunday Feb 25th
    Contact @slow @jjue
    The Grandaddy of them all. Shredding on the slopes of Lake Tahoe, great skiing and great friends. Are you up for Jack's challenge?

Elk Jams
    Elk Mountain
    Union Dale PA
    February TBA (waiting on dates)
    Contact @Wookie @macrophotog

If anyone wants to add to this please let me know. Breckfest in Colorado after Spring Break?
    Just these, nothing else !

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Just before the forum goes into hibernation, here are the dates for next year's skiboard festivals. Please note that these dates are tentative, and sometimes change based on conditions and attendance. These are all great events to make new friends, meet old ones, try new gear, hang with the pro riders, improve your skiing and experience amazing resorts and conditions. They are just plain old fun!

Mid West Meet
    Mount Bohemia
    Michigan Peninsula
    Contact @Courtney
    Epic shredding in the expert glades and lake effect snow of the frozen north. KTPs recommended but not required.

Westfest
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Four resorts in four days slaying the greatest snow on earth. Bring your flotation devices!

Shredfest
    North Lake Tahoe
    NoCal, Nevada
    Febuary 26th, 27th, 28th 2018 (Mon/Tues/Wed) with the Meet and Greet on Sunday Feb 25th
    Contact @slow @jjue
    The Grandaddy of them all. Shredding on the slopes of Lake Tahoe, great skiing and great friends. Are you up for Jack's challenge?

Elk Jams
    Elk Mountain
    Union Dale PA
    Come try all the new products with the official Spruce Demo Team

If anyone wants to add to this please let me know. Breckfest in Colorado after Spring Break?

I wish there's a meet up here in Canada. My Canadian Brothers and Sisters, If You all show interest, I'm willing to Start a Annual meet up here. Either Blue mountain, Tremblant, Banff or Whistler.

Comment

2018 Festival Schedule - Mark Your Calendars

Mid West Meet
      Mount Bohemia
      Michigan Peninsula
      Contact @Courtney

Westfest
      Salt Lake City, Utah

Shredfest
      North Lake Tahoe
      NoCal, Nevada
      Contact @slow @jjue

Elk Jams
      Elk Mountain
      Union Dale PA
      Come try all the new products with the official Spruce Demo Team

So with these meet ups does some of the makers (RvL8-Spruce) bring boards for us to try and buy? Other then the Elk mountain date

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
        So with these meet ups does some of the makers (RvL8-Spruce) bring boards for us to try and buy?
        Traditionally the RVL8 pro team go to Shredfest in Tahoe. A lot of the edits that promote the sport are made there. All the events are great opportunities to try boards, bindings, and even member DIY gear, but it is usually done by the members themselves loaning out their personal equipment. In previous years there has been the opportunity to try out some of the new products as well, as members are used as testers and sometimes get to use products before they are released for general sale.

I don't know how easy it would be for Greco and Jeff to have stock available to buy at a meet, but it's an interesting idea.

Comment

Originally posted by solaceiam View Post
          I wish there's a meet up here in Canada. My Canadian Brothers and Sisters, If You all show interest, I'm willing to Start a Annual meet up here. Either Blue mountain, Tremblant, Banff or Whistler.
          That's the way these events get started, just a few friends enjoying a weekend skiboarding. if you build it, they will come.

Comment

It's good to know that California will have the granddaddy and the gear too. I was just thinking of sales for them and feed back from all that got to try new stuff..
            I think with everybody has a different body or similar body that they might have a board that works for that size person.. I had been reading that certain boards work good in certain conditions , but when I tried a board it t didn't work to well for me. Maybe I'm to short or way thinner and can't get the power to the board to move it where I want. Good thing for the DLP's and SII's they work awesome for my body type

Comment

Someone on the Facebook page skiboard connection was asking about a Canadian meet up, maybe drop a note on that page to gather interest ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                Someone on the Facebook page skiboard connection was asking about a Canadian meet up, maybe drop a note on that page to gather interest ?

thats me!

Comment

I think someone else was talking about Jay Jams (Jay Peak, VT). Maybe someone will step forward and claim that? I'd definitely be interested in attending that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you get a meet-up going in Eastern Canada (Tremblant, etc.) let me know and post it up here. I would be interested in a cross-border meet-up. I have some Porter Airlines miles that I need to spend and hankering for poutine.
                    Boards:
                    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

You had me at poutine...
                      Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
                      Spruce 120's (they served me well)
                      Trikke Skki

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                        I think someone else was talking about Jay Jams (Jay Peak, VT). Maybe someone will step forward and claim that? I'd definitely be interested in attending that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay is still opened and expecting snow next weekend

Comment

Mid West Meet
                          Mount Bohemia
                          Michigan Peninsula
                          Contact @Courtney

Westfest
                          Salt Lake City, Utah

Shredfest
                          North Lake Tahoe
                          NoCal, Nevada
                          Contact @slow @jjue

Elk Jams
                          Elk Mountain
                          Union Dale PA

With all the contacts for the different events, when do we start getting a hold of them to say we want to attend? Me being new I'm left in the dark on how this all works.
                          I plan on going to Shredfest and maybe Westfest. Do we reply and get some kind of group rate for ski tickets we can use ? Maybe the same for a hotel or some gigantic airBnB place we can share?
                          Us dam new guys with all the dumbest question because were the newbies and rookies.. Thanks for any incite...Tom

Comment

Hey Tom,

The forum usually goes pretty dark over the summer, but will pick back up again as the snow starts to fall in November. That is also the time when you will start you see the events threads firing up. I usually start the Westfest thread the first week of December. All the events are organised differently, so there are no common answers to your questions. I know the guys at the Midwest meet share rooms together, and in the past even rented a huge yurt. At Westfest we make an effort to share car rentals and because Shredfest visits Epic Pass resorts, they often have buddy passes available. Once the threads get started, you will see how it works. Obviously we try to made it as inexpensive and convenient as we can by sharing resources. This thread was just to give folks an idea of the next year's festival dates.

Here is the link to the last Westfest meet, so you can get an idea of how it flows.

Westfest 2017 Thread

Comment

Everything was going on when I was trying to by my first new SkiBoards. I got them just in time for my little trip to mammoth in mid March.
                              So I'm not behind but well ahead of everything and can start to plan on when I might be sick for work. I'm sure it's gonna be a eye problem.
                              Well here in California we have snow and I have at least 1 more ski trip planned around my 53rd B-day.
                              I now know when to start looking forward to knowing more about the masses getting together . Have a great summer and thanks for the links.

I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

Working...
                              X