Elk Mountain: January 8, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elk Mountain: January 8, 2017

I will be at Elk Mountain on January 8th from 8:30am until about 2pm. If anyone else will be there, please let me know and we can meet up and ride together.
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

The forecast is for a fairly cold day, with some snow possible... I'll keep in mind you'll be there - I'd like to see your new riding style, turning without turning, was it ? Depends on how the weather is around here next weekend, if it is not that good, I might opt to make the trip up to Elk.

Comment

My kids have been itching to get to Elk. I'll let you know if we can make it up there on the 8th.
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

I'll be driving to Snowshoe Mountain, WV on the 8th - sorry to miss you. Driving Phil back to college in SC and decided we would ski 2 days at Snowshoe on our way down. Conditions have been excellent at Elk. Have just finished skiing 12 days straight there - I guess I should go back to work tomorrow?

Comment

Enticing. I probably should have gotten a season pass there.
          facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Wookie,

If you decide to come AND bring your SIIs to let me try for a few runs, I'm game for Sunday. In exchange, you tell me if you are interested in trying anything from my quiver of skis, skiboards, and a snowboard as I will not be bringing everything. Otherwise I'll opt for some place more nearby.

Since I also really want to try the Armada Triple J too, maybe we could do a mini-Elk jam some other weekend instead of this? When Macro will be there too?

Comment

Originally posted by Kocho View Post
              Wookie,

If you decide to come AND bring your SIIs to let me try for a few runs, I'm game for Sunday. In exchange, you tell me if you are interested in trying anything from my quiver of skis, skiboards, and a snowboard as I will not be bringing everything. Otherwise I'll opt for some place more nearby.

Since I also really want to try the Armada Triple J too, maybe we could do a mini-Elk jam some other weekend instead of this? When Macro will be there too?
              Mrs. Wookie and the Wookettes are deciding what they want to do this weekend. Right now it looks like skiing at Jack Frost or Big Boulder on Saturday and Elk on Sunday but I won't know for sure until Friday. Unfortunately I am traveling and not home to consult with my pack about recreation plans.
              Boards:
              2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

I'll be up at Elk from 12:30 to 4:30. It's the "Ski for Colin" fundraiser with $25 evening and afternoon lift tickets. Cheap tickets and helps a good cause.

You need to call to reserve tickets. Just google "Elk Ski for Colin" to get the info.
                Boards:
                2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

Enjoy! I think I will stay local tomorrow (Whitetail) or take the day off from skiing. Maybe another time when we get a bigger crowd.

Today I did almost 30 runs at Whitetail, from before 8:30 am to almost 4:30 pm, pretty much a whole day's work , so I feel bit tired. The last run was the double black diamond that I like to run a couple of times for practice on steeps, as it is short but steep (I don't like very steep terrain in general, but it's good training and fun to do once in a while). But today its steepest section half-way through (not visible from the top and with no way out or around) surprised me with giant deep and steep waist-high moguls, with half-hidden fallen skiers between them struggling to untangle their skis... I managed without much trouble on my 156cm Head skis; skiboards probably would have done well too, but I had switched out to skis for the last hours in the day...

Comment

Working...
                  X