2017 Festival Schedule - Mark Your Calendars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Festival Schedule - Mark Your Calendars

Just before the forum goes into hibernation, here are the dates for next year's skiboard festivals. Please note that these dates are tentative, and sometimes change based on conditions and attendance. These are all great events to make new friends, meet old ones, try new gear, hang with the pro riders, improve your skiing and experience amazing resorts and conditions. They are just plain old fun!

Mid West Meet
    Mount Bohemia
    Michigan Peninsula
    January 20th - 22nd 2017
    Contact @Courtney
    Epic shredding in the expert glades and lake effect snow of the frozen north. KTPs recommended but not required.

Westfest
    Alta/Snowbird/Brighton/Solitude
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    January 27th - January 30th
    Contact @Bad Wolf @Sempai
    Four resorts in four days slaying the greatest snow on earth. Bring your flotation devices!

Shredfest
    South Lake Tahoe
    NoCal, Nevada
    Febuary 26th - March 1st
    Contact @slow @jjue
    The Grandaddy of them all. Shredding on the slopes of Lake Tahoe, great skiing and great friends. Are you up for Jack's challenge?

Elk Jams
    Elk Mountain
    Union Dale PA
    February 3rd - February 4th
    Contact @Wookie @macrophotog
    Very tall skiers on very short skies ripping it up in coal country (yes Wookie, you can re-write your own description )

If anyone wants to add to this please let me know. Our park riders go to Liberty every year in the summer and there was a North West Meet the season before last?

There has been much talk and interest, but no action, in a spring time Coloradofest. We have a few forum member in Colorado now and just need someone to pick a date and a location. If you build it, they will come.
    Just these, nothing else !

Let's make Colorado happen!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
      Elk Jams
      Elk Mountain
      Union Dale PA
      Dates to be announced
      Contact @Wookie @macrophotog
      Very tall skiers on very short skies ripping it up in coal country (yes Wookie, you can re-write your own description )
      Description is fine. Though that area of PA is more natural gas country these days but given the polarizing debates over fraking let's leave it as coal. Macrophotog and I are looking to squeeze the Elk Jam in between WF and SF in early Feb.. So mark your calendars for Feb 3rd & 4th. (note the change)

There has been much talk and interest, but no action, in a spring time Coloradofest. We have a few forum member in Colorado now and just need someone to pick a date and a location. If you build it, they will come.
      Originally posted by Courtney View Post
      Let's make Colorado happen!
      Given the event schedule above I would suggest a Mid March date if we do a Colorado Fest. March is usually Colorado's snowiest month and I typically go out there with the family around that time. I don't have a whole lot of bandwidth or local knowledge (other than Avon/Beaver Creek) to organize something but would be happy to attend and guide an intermediate rider day at the Beav. If one of the not stoned (or slightly less stoned) CO riders could take the lead on this that would be great. One last thought would be to work a family friendly day or events into this to make the CO event the Skiboarding Meet-up you would bring your family to?
      Last edited by Wookie; 04-04-2016, 08:37 AM. Reason: DATE CHANGE FOR ELK JAM
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Colorado is pretty awesome. If we stuck to the five Vail resorts (all pretty much within an hour from each other) I know my way around those ones. Plus it would be free for anyone with an epic pass.
        Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
        Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
        Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100

Comment

Anyone up for something in the North East?
          Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Roussel View Post
            What?!?!? Elk Jams is the northeast

"Like skiing in Vermont without the drive!" according to Elk Mountain's marketing department, and many of us concur!

Oh, you must have meant to ask "Anyone up for something in New England?"

Comment

Originally posted by Roussel View Post
              In Jan of 2015 there was a B.Lyfe East Coast Tour that hit up resorts like Killington, Loon, Mount Snow, Sugarloaf and Okemo. I think it was fairly well attended. Maybe it could become a regular event on our festival calendar?

Comment

The Elk Jams has now been confirmed as the weekend of February 3rd/4th 2017.

Go shred!

Comment

Thanks BW for starting this thread! I love consolidated info. This format of having all event dates in the first post of a thread where it can be easily updated should be an annual thread.

Comment

Bumping for Scott and Tom.

I'm trying to get the whole week off and ski PowMow and Snowbasin earlier in the week. If that happens, I probably wouldn't ski on the Monday. Otherwise, we should be good for the last weekend in January 2017 as planned.

One change we did think about making was starting the fest off at Snowbird on the Friday. We usually start with Alta, but have missed out on Snowbird for two years now for one reason or another. We really need to go exploring there with fresh legs.

The City of Sandy is also running some pretty good stay and ski deals at a number of hotels, that brings the price down considerably. They are based on multiple occupancy, so it would take a little organizing to get folks together, but should be worth the hassle.

Comment

Bumping for Scott and Tom.

I'm trying to get the whole week off and ski PowMow and Snowbasin earlier in the week. If that happens, I probably wouldn't ski on the Monday. Otherwise, we should be good for the last weekend in January 2017 as planned.

One change we did think about making was starting the fest off at Snowbird on the Friday. We usually start with Alta, but have missed out on Snowbird for two years now for one reason or another. We really need to go exploring there with fresh legs.

The City of Sandy is also running some pretty good stay and ski deals at a number of hotels, that brings the price down considerably. They are based on multiple occupancy, so it would take a little organizing to get folks together, but should be worth the hassle.
                      I'm arriving SLC Thursday January 26 and departing Tuesday, January 31 - so planning to ski Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                        I'm arriving SLC Thursday January 26 and departing Tuesday, January 31 - so planning to ski Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
                        That works for me! You coming solo or bringing the family? Did you book a hotel already?

Bad Wolf, I think we should swap Snowbird and Alta days and keep Solitude and Brighton the same. That way we'll be fresh for Snowbird on Friday. Alta is pretty chill, so it will be a good resort to finish up at.
                        Boards/Bindings:
                        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                          That works for me! You coming solo or bringing the family? Did you book a hotel already?
                          I'll be solo. I have a couple options on hotels reserved. Mrs. Sempai joining us?

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                            Bad Wolf, I think we should swap Snowbird and Alta days and keep Solitude and Brighton the same. That way we'll be fresh for Snowbird on Friday. Alta is pretty chill, so it will be a good resort to finish up at.
                            Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                              Mrs. Sempai joining us?
                              Right now she says she is. That could change.
                              Boards/Bindings:
                              2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                              2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                              2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                              2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Working...
                              X