Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bear Creek - Swap Your Ride Day - Anyone Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear Creek - Swap Your Ride Day - Anyone Interested?

I wanted to see if people are interested in having a "Swap Your Ride Day" at Bear Creek Mountain Resort in Macungie, PA sometime this season. Bear Creek is a great place to do this - smaller mountain so stopping and switching out boards is easy, especially if you get there early in the morning and get a front row parking place right close to the slopes. There is a decent park set-up for those into park and enough of interest on the rest of the mountain to keep riders amused for part of a day.

This could be a great event if we can get enough people to attend who have multiple boards and are willing to swap rides for a few runs with others. A great way to ride with other people, meet some new people and try out some boards.

I have Sherpas, 120s, Blunts and DS110 prototypes I can bring.

Before working out dates, etc I wanted to get an idea of who might be interested. If it looks viable, we can work out the logistics and details. Who knows - if we get a good enough turnout maybe Greco and Jeff will loan out a few boards to add to the mix.

Post back if you are interested and what boards you would be willing to swap rides for.
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

If the dates work I would be interested. The quiver listed in my signature would be available except my Revolts ... They are my precious and one of the STS 120s they belong to the boss (read: wife).

I have an extra pair of non-release and release bindings for anyone who might want to ride but does not have 4x4 or 4x10 compatible bindings. And my Defiance Blades have direct mount release bindings that adjust pretty easily.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Interested.

Available Skiboards:
      Brazen 50
      SnowJam 75
      1996 Line Skiboards (86cm)
      Journey 87 Twin (87cm)
      Summit Jade (87cm)
      SnowJam 90
      Ariel Fervor (90cm)
      Groove Invertigo (90cm)
      Line 5-O (90cm)
      Line Weapon (95cm)
      Line MNP (99cm)
      RVL8 KTP (101cm)
      Twoowt Lion (109cm)
      RVL8 Rockered Condor (110cm)
      Summit Woody (110cm)

I'm probably forgetting a couple pair, but that's what I can remember off of the top of my head. I'd personally be interested in riding Blunts back-to-back with the '96 Lines.
      Last edited by Greco; 01-22-2015, 12:36 AM.
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I am at Bear Creek most Saturday and Sunday mornings. Also, getting there after work for an evening session is not big deal for me. We can set this up based on availability of other people who are interested. Post your preferences and we can get it scheduled.
        Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

May I suggest when2meet? http://www.when2meet.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

though I cant ski right now, I would be willing to come up and bring some DLPs and extra bindings if needed. maybe just say hi!
            facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

An evening session would be very convenient for me.
              RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
                though I cant ski right now, I would be willing to come up and bring some DLPs and extra bindings if needed. maybe just say hi!
                That would be cool.

When do you expect to return to the snow?
                Think Like a Mountain

Comment

well. my doctor said Ill be cutting it close, but it looks like my first day back will be with all the good folks that are at Shredfest! I have been doing everything in my power to not to over pressure my knee, but I am still spending time every day trying to flex and tighten all my leg muscles so I dont come out of this with atrophied muscles. I think at best Ill be able to do all the things the general community is doing ok the trip while maybe doing the stock tricks I can perform without thinking wearing a nice supportive brace.
                  facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Working...
                  X