Elk Jams 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
    I have Elk Jams 2016 tentatively on my personal calendar for Friday to Sunday, January 22-24! It's the weekend after MLK which is what Wookie proposed.
    Originally posted by Ukuvox View Post
    Not that I'll be able to go to either event ( ) but that's the same time as Midwest Meet.
    Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    If it makes a difference, Westfest is the weekend after.
    The 1/22 - 1/24 was just a date I through out as we were wrapping up the end of last season. Elk Jam was an informal meet-up last season and we were talking about getting more participation next year. The dates were picked as there was sure to be good snow and they did not fall on a holiday weekend. I suspect this will be more of a local thing rather than drawing riders from all over so I am not too concerned about conflicts with other events (except for SF) but I guess we need to start a thread to gauge interest, conflicts, etc. so we are not stepping on the Midwest Meet Crew. More to follow ....
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

• I've got some vacation time to burn before the end of the year, and would like to meet up, but early season is hard to predict, as well as the increased traffic from school vacations. To note, I'm up in MA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yegg View Post
        I've got some vacation time to burn before the end of the year, and would like to meet up, but early season is hard to predict, as well as the increased traffic from school vacations. To note, I'm up in MA.
        Elk opened December 4, 2014 and had several good weeks of riding before the Christmas warm-up set them back a little. Even though they open with limited trails, I have always found early season riding at Elk a blast - you pretty much have the mountain to yourself. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another early season in 2015. And, once they are open for the season, you can pretty much count on me being there every Friday and Saturday (I typically ski 4-5 hours each morning). So if the season starts early and you want to burn some of your vacation days - just let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yegg View Post
          as well as the increased traffic from school vacations. To note, I'm up in MA.
          Oh yeah - and Elk is not that busy over Christmas break. Around here, if there is NO snow in your front yard, then no one thinks about skiing yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
            ....So if the season starts early and you want to burn some of your vacation days - just let me know.
            If you guys meet-up in December drop me a note. I am always game and have the DS110s I need to deliver to you and Gator.
            Boards:
            2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
            2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
            2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
            2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
            2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
            2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
            2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
            2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Working...
            X