X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Boulder Park

"big boulder PARK Opening!!
    big boulder PARK-BOULDER GIVES BACK

big boulder PARK will open on Wedensday Novemebr 28 at 3pm for the season. And for the 6th season big boulder will give back to the local community with your help! Bring 10 nonperishable canned goods or a brand new unopened toy valued at $15 or more and bb PARK will give a FREE ride for the night! Or snow passes for the night will be $20. Freedom park will be open with a lift from 3-9pm! See you there!"

I am trying to get off work to join the masses of people lined up for a single run or two at Boulder. Last year it was okay with a few park features, and bring poles for the lift lines.....

Did you end up going?

I'm going to Camelback Saturday, Dec 1st for their opening. Looks like they will only have 2 runs open but wtf it is better than sitting at home and lift tickets are only $20.
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
      Did you end up going?

I'm going to Camelback Saturday, Dec 1st for their opening. Looks like they will only have 2 runs open but wtf it is better than sitting at home and lift tickets are only $20.
      Yup! I went last year for their opening day, obviously nothing special. One trail, about 7 or 8 features, long lift line and slowest lift they have, all for $20. To me though, it was much more. I'm going to killington next week, so I needed to get my brain back to skiing since I've been rollerblading all summer. Made me anxious for that trip, fed my addiction in the meantime

Comment

Originally posted by krillinakw View Post
        Yup! I went last year for their opening day, obviously nothing special. One trail, about 7 or 8 features, long lift line and slowest lift they have, all for $20. To me though, it was much more. I'm going to killington next week, so I needed to get my brain back to skiing since I've been rollerblading all summer. Made me anxious for that trip, fed my addiction in the meantime
        Cool. Enjoy the trip to Killington!

I am sure Camelback will be a similar experience for me and my friends tomorrow. I don't care - I will be happy to be on the hill again no matter what.
        Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
          Cool. Enjoy the trip to Killington!

I am sure Camelback will be a similar experience for me and my friends tomorrow. I don't care - I will be happy to be on the hill again no matter what.
          hope you are having a blast! can't wait to ride with you again brotha

Comment

Camelback had 1 run open from top to bottom in their terrain park with a set of small rails, etc in the top 1/3 of it. I don't do park but the features did cut down on the available space to ride. Conditions were good considering it was Dec 1st. The first hour was nice - not very crowded. After that it was a human obstacle course - literally from the moment you got off the lift until you got back in the very long lift line. Was a good opportunity to do some precision turning practice. Got to experience one of my favorite Pocono mountain lift line habits - people smoking cigarettes in the lift line. I absolutely love that because it adds so much to the alpine experience and the cigarette butts that get dropped into the snow look fabulous. Can't understand why a resort doesn't have the lifties telling people to get out of the lift line and hike over to someplace far away if they want to smoke. I don't care if they smoke - I just don't want to be a part of their experience.

Rode for 3 hours and got about 12 runs in before calling it a day. Good start to the season. Was on the 2008 Summit Custom 110s with a composite Spruce riser that I bought at end of last season. First time out on them and took to them right away. We post a review once I get out on them a few more times - which might be a while - the 120 STSs that I ordered as part of the holiday sale were waiting for me on my doorstep when I got back! These boards look sweet - can't wait to get out on them next weekend.
            Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Working...
            X