Any riders in south-east England?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any riders in south-east England?

I would be good to be able to meet and learn from more experienced skiboarders.

Even a trip to snowdomes at MK or HH would be good.
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Next trip to Xscape planned for Sun Jan 9th, begin skiing around 9.30/10.00 am You are welcome if you can make it ......
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

You are in luck. Valmorel is "the" skiboarding coach and has helped many of us improve.
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

THat is good to know. Not sure yet whether I'll be able to make the 9th though.
        Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
        Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
        Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
          I would be good to be able to meet and learn from more experienced skiboarders.

Even a trip to snowdomes at MK or HH would be good.
          This was the first thread I started on this forum. It was 8yrs ago and since then my skills just get better the whole time.

I did managed to meet up with Dave & Steve early on and we spent many a morning at the Milton Keynes Xscape having fun and trying out new boards.

I also managed to make it out to one Shredfest where I met a bunch of wonderful people.

Those two things together have been the greatest influnce on my personal progression, especially given that I stepped onto skis for the first time in my life 9yrs ago.

If there is one piece of advice I can dish out to newcomers from my meandering experience then it is to meet up with others . Try to attend one of the annual skiboarding events too if you can.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
            Those two things together have been the greatest influnce on my personal progression, especially given that I stepped onto skis for the first time in my life 9yrs ago.

If there is one piece of advice I can dish out to newcomers from my meandering experience then it is to meet up with others . Try to attend one of the annual skiboarding events too if you can.

This. This is what has inspired me to go to Colorado next month. I'd always assumed by your knowledgeable posts that you were one of the long timers who'd spent most of your life on the snow. To discover that you've been doing this only slightly longer than I have and to hear your secret to improvement has filled me with hope.
            Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
            Spruce 120's (they served me well)
            Trikke Skki

Comment

Originally posted by Ukuvox View Post
              This. This is what has inspired me to go to Colorado next month. I'd always assumed by your knowledgeable posts that you were one of the long timers who'd spent most of your life on the snow. To discover that you've been doing this only slightly longer than I have and to hear your secret to improvement has filled me with hope.
              Good on you!

Comment

Working...
              X