This forum and people are creepy if anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This forum and people are creepy if anything

my life.so far is really weird .long story.and I had high hopes for skyskater.and going on this forum.I though I could go on this forum.and could go skiing with people.and maybe work on skyskater with them.but since then I've given personal information out.to people I don't even known.because I either want to go skiing with them.or they tell me they have a ski press.and I get the idea.to make skis with them.then the don't talk back ?from my general experence with people.is that they are F'd up and weird.and I'm also saying.with me if someone has a chance to do the right thing or the wrong thing.9 out 10 they will do the wrong thing.or the thing that is not good for either of us.considering I'm a culture creative.all I'm saying is alot of kids say F it I'll play video games or smoke a butt.or day dream about how cool I could be if just some people gave me a chance.or whatever.no pun intended.but culture can not be created if other people don't get in on the idea of more culture.I could be jumping the gun.but please prove me wrong.and help me
    Don't start none won't be none //// respect

take it easy.
    Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
    Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

epic quote...

"F it I'll play video games or smoke a butt."

I feel like I need that on a t-shirt.
      Dave | Elevendy

Comment

Originally posted by skyskater.com View Post
        my life.so far is really weird .long story.and I had high hopes for skyskater.and going on this forum.I though I could go on this forum.and could go skiing with people.and maybe work on skyskater with them.but since then I've given personal information out.to people I don't even known.because I either want to go skiing with them.or they tell me they have a ski press.and I get the idea.to make skis with them.then the don't talk back ?from my general experence with people.is that they are F'd up and weird.and I'm also saying.with me if someone has a chance to do the right thing or the wrong thing.9 out 10 they will do the wrong thing.or the thing that is not good for either of us.considering I'm a culture creative.all I'm saying is alot of kids say F it I'll play video games or smoke a butt.or day dream about how cool I could be if just some people gave me a chance.or whatever.no pun intended.but culture can not be created if other people don't get in on the idea of more culture.I could be jumping the gun.but please prove me wrong.and help me
        I know I'm a n00b here but I do belong to several other forums, mostly car related. IMHO, this place and these people are Nirvana.

If you want to experience a cutthroat, lying, cheating, not following through, low-balling, steal you blind, group of posers and amateurs, join the MkIV forums on VWVortex....

Again, maybe it's because I'm a n00b but my dealings and conversations with people here have been 100% polite, fair, respectful and that's the reason I'm hanging out here...

What is it that you're "really" looking for from the people here?

- Jon
        Spruce 120's (Solid Blue)
        Spruce Pro Prime Risers
        Salomon Z12 Ti Bindings
        Rossignol Soft Lite 3's

Comment

Originally posted by Bullit62 View Post
          I know I'm a n00b here but I do belong to several other forums, mostly car related. IMHO, this place and these people are Nirvana.

If you want to experience a cutthroat, lying, cheating, not following through, low-balling, steal you blind, group of posers and amateurs, join the MkIV forums on VWVortex....

Again, maybe it's because I'm a n00b but my dealings and conversations with people here have been 100% polite, fair, respectful and that's the reason I'm hanging out here...

- Jon
          That's much my experience too. Most of the larger forums for things like cars, you get flame wars, and people being flat out rude. That doesn't happen much here at all. This is probably the most courteous of the forums I read, where people actually take the time to help rather then telling people to "google" or "search" when they have questions.
          2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

Originally posted by Bullit62 View Post

- Jon
            I couldn't agree more with you guys. I haven't found anyone on here to be creepy, shady, any of that... and the only person who's been here longer than me is Greco Everyone I've talked to and dealt with has been very friendly and professional, including the people I've purchased things from.

Comment

Agree with the others, this board is probably the most polite I've ever been on. Almost annoyingly so sometimes, or maybe I'm just more used to the other boards I'm on.

Honestly the people here are amazing, and the community feel is like no other. Including you, who offered up sky skaters for free to get them out there.
              Red Square Sherpas

Comment

There's going to be creepers anywhere you go online, but I'm with everyone else that's posted in this thread. Most of the people have been super polite and helpful and I look forward to getting the chance to ride with them.
                2008 Revolt "Trees" with Blue Groove X1's
                2007 BWPs with Line FreeFlex

"It isn't for the moment you are struck that you need courage, but for the long up hill battle to faith, sanity and security." - Anne Lindbergh

Comment

Hi skyskater,

Introducing a product to the market is a real challenge and it takes a lot of time, effort, and even luck. Sometimes the market just is not ready for the it. Therefore I suggest that you not misinterpret the situation. It is just part of the long journey required to introduce a product.

I know it can be discouraging when others do not demonstrate the same passion for a new product that you have as the creator. (Been there, felt it!) But keep your passion for your product and focus on asking yourself the question: what would make the product more appealing to a broader group of customers? Generally what makes a product more appealling is a unique feature, benefit versus cost, or performance improvement. Or stated another way, why would some one want to buy the product? Once you answer these questions you will know if the product has a chance, how to present and sell the product.

I hope this helps bring some balance to your expectations. Good luck in your product development journey.
                  sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

I disagree completely with the "creepy" premise. This forum is incredibly polite and helpful. The only one I know of that's similar is our Allis-Chalmers vintage farm tractor forum, with folks going above and beyond to help people they barely know, it's cool. The bird dog forum I used to frequent is a knucklehead-infested trainwreck.

Having said that, I admire entrepreneurial types like skyskater. We would have very little real innovation if it weren't for talented people willing to take risks with fresh ideas. It's the opposite of the huge beancounter-run operations (read: Salomon, Line/K2) and one of the reasons many of us appreciate folks like Greco and Jeff.

edit: great comments, Slow.

Comment

Everytime he posts, I think this:

Wanna see nasty?

try www.sportbikes.net
                      Go to Politics and Religion

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
                        Wanna see nasty?

try www.sportbikes.net
                        Go to Politics and Religion
                        Kinda looks like the Black Hole on PassatWorld.com. There's a reason that only members of the PW forum can even see that subsection...
                        Spruce 120's (Solid Blue)
                        Spruce Pro Prime Risers
                        Salomon Z12 Ti Bindings
                        Rossignol Soft Lite 3's

Comment

I think slow and bill are cool but everybodys great !I like this community .I didn't mean everyone .I like everyone even people who make fun of me.I just want to skiboard.Thanks
                          Don't start none won't be none //// respect

Comment

I enjoyed skiboardin with you man
                            facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Lmao yeah its really a wonder how that happened? Good roots (Greco,Courtney etc) create good trees
                              Revel8 Revolt "city" (lite riser release bindings)
                              Revel8 Rumspringa "Mary Jane"
                              "No guts No glory" my skiboarding motto
                              Real Age: 20
                              "I value my life more than a helmet" - nolhay

Comment

Working...
                              X