Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law School

(start venting)

If your thinking about it, don’t do it, it seriously sucks as. Well actually the law school part is not that bad once you get how the whole thing works, but the bar exam, yea that sucks ass big time.

There is no way I’m going to remember all this crap. Much of it that is not even the law in my jurisdiction anymore. Like the Rule Against Perpetuities: No interest is good unless it must vest, if at all, no later than 21 years after the death of a life in being at the creation of the interest. What the hell does that mean anyway?

Seriously don’t do it. Go to Pharmacy school. Tons of jobs, good pay and free drugs. Lawyers have to buy their own drugs. I mean what’s a better breakfast an oxycotton, an adderal, and a tall glass of ice cold vodka from the freezer light stirred by my trembling hand in the pharmacy of some supermarket at 6AM, or waking up to sit down a figure out if some octogenarian got pregnant, gave birth then left her property to the first born son of her son in perpetuity would the interest be valid? Bah.

I’d seriously rather have a colonoscopy on live TV a la Katie Couric on the Today show than study for the bar. At least it would be less invasive than my application process in which I have to disclose every job, address, speeding ticket and child I don’t claim for the past 10 years, at least the colonoscopy would at least be over 15 mins or so and you know if you passed or not the same day. Plus you get a video tape to show at dinner parties.

(end venting)
    ’07 Spruce Blue 120
    ’09 ALP 110
    ’09 Revolt “Condor” 105
    ’09 Rumspringa Rockets 103
    ’09 Spruce Pro Prime Bindings (x2)

ROFL

that's why I am a business major.

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
      ROFL

that's why I am a business major.

I was poly sci major wich is just bascilly pre- grad school becuase otherwise its useless.
      ’07 Spruce Blue 120
      ’09 ALP 110
      ’09 Revolt “Condor” 105

Comment

haha, I agree with elkcloner, that's why I am a Computer Graphic Arts major...lol
        Revel8 ALPdors
        Gold Revel8 Receptors
        Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
        ____
        Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
        If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Not to make you feel any worse, but, my sister is a new lawyer and she absolutely hates it. She's planning on quitting and getting her teaching license actually. She just passed the bar a few months ago. It's a tough environment, cut throat animals.
          08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

That pharmacy thing is real good. As soon as you get out of school you're making 80k. You WILL be hired. There is a shortage of pharmacists, and it's estimated that there will be until at least 2020. Awesome job.

If I could afford the schooling, I'd do it.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
            Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
            Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

Gee, now there's a switch. Someone/something making a lawyer miserable. Every famous lawyer that was thought of as human did something else. Abe Lincoln, Ghandi to think of a few. Isn't it the 2nd oldest profession? Well, it makes sense. Both the oldest and 2nd oldest perform the same service but the 2nd doesn't leave anyone with a smile.
              "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

ROFL well said Mahatma. Didn't even bruise my all-too-innocent ears/eyes as a lesser person would!

Comp Sci major here. Worked as Administrative Assistant because it paid more right out of school. :P

Now I do my own Intarweb thing--I HATE working for other people.
                '97 Groove Skywalkers (90cm)
                '09 Revel8 KTPs w/Bomber Elite2

Comment

Kansieo,

Just having a little fun with Matthies. I'm passingly friendly with a few lawyers and I swear they love every lawyer joke ever told. The uglier and more scathing the better. I think its' part of the culture. Or would that be sub-culture? Oh boy, getting ready to flail out of control. I'll stop.
                  "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by EmptiMind View Post
                    That pharmacy thing is real good. As soon as you get out of school you're making 80k. You WILL be hired. There is a shortage of pharmacists, and it's estimated that there will be until at least 2020. Awesome job.

If I could afford the schooling, I'd do it.

Pharmacy and Healthcare in general are great fields to be in. I'm actually in pharmacy school and will be graduating this May. Really the best part is flexability with the job. One can find a job in most areas out west, even little ski towns because everybody's going to need drugs sometime from somewhere. Also, although working weekends and evenings kinda sucks sometimes it's really not that bad. A)you get more days off during the week if you work weekends and so you can go out to the slopes w/less pple for less money. B)You can avoid being around your boss when you don't work during the 9-5 weekdays.
                    If you're thinking about doing it and think it's something you want to do I'd say go for it. Even If you end up 140 K in debt you'll get a job and be able to pay it off.

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                      Kansieo,

Just having a little fun with Matthies. I'm passingly friendly with a few lawyers and I swear they love every lawyer joke ever told. The uglier and more scathing the better. I think its' part of the culture.
                      Yes the more crude, the better. We had a professor die my second year of law school and one of my classmates actually asked a group of us if it would be inappropriate to bring a stack of resumes to the funeral. I had to actually think about that one before I responded.

The other day one of my none law school friends was in a car accident, here is how the phone call went:

Friend: I was in a car accident last Wednesday.
                      Me: Your fault or theirs?
                      Friend: What?..um theirs
                      Me: Oh that’s good.
                      Friend: I guess…but I got really hurt.
                      Me: OH! That’s great!
                      Friend: What???
                      Me: Oh sorry, I mean that sucks.
                      Friend: Yea I had to miss three days of work.
                      Me: FANTASTIC! Any lingering effects?
                      Friend: What are you talking about?
                      Me: oh sorry, yea that sucks.
                      Friend: Yea I need to call my mom and let her know I’m ok.
                      Me: That can wait I want you to call one of these lawyers…

Law school rots your brain and you can’t be compassionate anymore.
                      ’07 Spruce Blue 120
                      ’09 ALP 110
                      ’09 Revolt “Condor” 105

Comment

Originally posted by swallowevil View Post
                        Not to make you feel any worse, but, my sister is a new lawyer and she absolutely hates it. She's planning on quitting and getting her teaching license actually. She just passed the bar a few months ago. It's a tough environment, cut throat animals.
                        I used to be surprised at the number of my classmates who end up hating law, but I’m used to it now. It seems to happen more to the folks who go straight from UG to law school. Of my older classmates we all had an idea it sucked before we did it, but we did it anyway.
                        ’07 Spruce Blue 120
                        ’09 ALP 110
                        ’09 Revolt “Condor” 105

Comment

Working...
                        X