Best Weekend Ever!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Weekend Ever!!!

[Sarcasm] This weekend has been the best one of my life...lets start with Thursday...I had the absolute best Powder skiing I have ever had in my life and on my way home, the day just shot to perfect, I got stuck in my driveway. My parents get the truck going down the driveway and then they get stuck too, so we spent the next 2 and a half hours digging the cars out.

Friday I missed my makeup bowling because I forgot I had an appointment with my oral surgeon.

Saturday, I had nothing to do...

Today, Sunday February 1, 2009, a day that will live on in my mind forever...First I missed my exit on my way to the resort and realized it 15 minutes later. Next I was about 5 minutes away from my destination when I was speeding, and I knew it, and got boxed in. There where 2 cars in the lane to the left of me going 65 in a 55 and a guy tailing me at about 3 feet, and a lane merge coming up. I had to speed up to get into the lane that I was boxed out of but was afraid that if I slowed down the guy behind me would hit me so I speed up to 80 to get in front of the other cars...This would have been all cool and fine except...I did this right next to a cop. With the other guy now about 6 feet back (still tailgating me) the officer pulled out and I thought he was going to pull the guy behind me over. Well, not the case, I get pulled over and cited for going 77 in a 55, which I thought was still a 65 at the point he pulled me over. Granted it was still speeding but yeah I thought I would get a bit of leeway but not happening for me, not this week I guess. Pulls me over and he is an extremely nice man, understanding and still pretty young, he also appreciated that I pulled off the freeway onto a side street and into a construction area for a new building so that he was out of danger. I tell him I know what I did and am not angry with him and show no aggression and just respect. But the next thing was the icing on the cake, I wait for 5 minutes after he pulls out to let myself calm down and get into the right state of mind to drive again and then I take off. I get to the intersection and am all ready to go at the red light but then I get confused and accidentally turn into the opposite lane of traffic and realize what happened and pulled into the median where I remained stuck for about an hour before my parents came and pulled me out...Oh did I mention I got to ride in a police car? Oh, oh, oh...and the same guy that pulled me over was the driver? At the time it wasn't that funny but now about an hour later it kind of is. Now I am just waiting to see what the damage to my wallet is, I will let you guys know tomorrow when I know, I am thinking it will be about a $90 to $140 fine but I can still afford to go to Jay, and have an almost guaranteed job, coming up this week so it shouldn't be this bad.

And just to be clear, it was my fault, I know this, I admit this, and I am most certainly not angry at the police officer, I have the up most respect for them and hope them all safety in their jobs, they have the balls to do the job which I can not.

Revel8 ALPdors
    Gold Revel8 Receptors
    Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
    ____
    Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
    If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

You cant come up with a better story than that not to come to Jay?

Comment

Did I say I wasn't coming to Jay? No I didn't, I am still coming to Jay...will be good times.
      Revel8 ALPdors
      Gold Revel8 Receptors
      Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
      ____
      Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
      If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Hah, I had a $200 speeding ticket not too long ago. Apparently my speedometer is a little off too.

Not too long ago, I had to get the front end of my car rebuilt, and then some jackass rear-ended me. He didn't have insurance, but he offered to pay for it. I don't really want to make him, so I'll just have an ugly ass dent in the back of my car.

Gah, summer driving conditions need to come back, on my motorcycle I can outrun the cops! And they're a lot cheaper to fix, because I can do that myself. I don't outrun the cops, don't worry.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
        Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
        Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

that sucks man

Comment

Glad to see some respect for the police here. I'm on a good number of car forums, where when someone is pulled over, its always the cops being douchebags. I've been pulled over about 5 times (here in BC, as a young driver you have a bright green N magnet you put on the back of your car... basically turns into a bullseye if you have a sportscar) and only once have I encountered one that was at all a douche, basically accused me of being drunk, but said he didn't want to do anything to prove it, and would just let me go (I just pulled out from a bar//liquor store). But, thats the minority of any that I've dealt with.
            2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

Working...
            X