"Credit crunch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Credit crunch"

Looking at booking a ski holiday this winter.
    The same holiday we booked last year (exact same resort, hotel, flights, date) through the same holiday company is £400 (~$700!) more than we paid last year! Its about 40% more expensive

No new gear for me this year
    Revel8 BWP - Spruce Pro Prime
    SnowJam 90 - Extreme II

Anaesthetic,

I know how you feel. A few months ago I took a pay hit so severe the Pope said a prayer for me. Ha ha.
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

we were wanting to and needing to consolidate and do a refinance... can't even come close to doing that do to the housing market, credit mess and economy etc.

It's very tough for all us average class folks. Just buying fuel for work or food for the table is hard... just hope it doesn't get harder.

Skiing will be limited this winter, as christmas will be too and I will go to Tahoe!
      C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

We did a whole outside remodel this summer to our house. The housing market where I live is always cheap. The house I have I bought for $105,000. In a bigger city like Milwaukee it would be over $200,00 or so I am told just based off the size of the lot alone. Anyway, our house has appreciated according to the city from $92K when we bought it to $127K in just over 5 years. We have added a few things here and there, but nothing major until now.

We went to the credit union to apply for the loan, mind you my wife's and my credit are both near 800. Which if you don't know credit scores, that's really good.

We were looking for a $20K loan to do siding, new front door, new front picture window and a composite deck. The credit union came out to asses our house and what the addons would do to our house value...NOTHING! Doing all that work, going from a dark brown all wood siding house, which was a very ugly color and house, to one with new vinyl siding, brand new full etched glass door and that 20x24 deck. NOTHING!

We were still given the loan based off my wife being a member there since birth and a few other things, but they were looking to deny us because it added no value. That's when it hit home that the market is pure crap right now. Pathetic!
        Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by adeehr View Post
          Pathetic!
          that sucks man. i hear ya though. we were thinking about selling a few weeks ago before the sh*t hit the fan but now it's hunker down time.

oh and think about vinyl siding a bit. i saw a documentary about the manufacturer and health dangers if it burns and it's really nasty stuff for the environment.

just remembered the name:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...ry&btnG=Search

g

Comment

sheesh. We all are not alone for sure i this. I can honestly say I hope we ALL get through this and it doesn't get worse! Guess it depends on the soon to be new President.
            Good to see fuel prices come down, but not enough yet. I still bought a bus pass for work... $25 a month for the bus versus $250++ to drive! My husband had to stop driving his work truck (Diesel) and we bought him a little Kia Rio... he stuffed most of his work tools(he's a finish carpenter hauling over 1000lbs of tools) in it and even with the new car payment we are still saving money a month easily. Still not ahead in general though just due to trying to catch up.

Again, hope and pray we all keep our heads above water.
            Glad you got the loan though!
            Yep, hunker down time! But I'm still buying new boards, gotta keep the money flowing for sure to keep the economy rolling!
            C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Gas is finally under $3 a gallon in Minneapolis Minnesota right now. I honestly didn't think I would be seeing that happen again. Although $2.95 a gallon still isn't cheap, it's definitely better than the $3.85 it was just a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
                that sucks man. i hear ya though. we were thinking about selling a few weeks ago before the sh*t hit the fan but now it's hunker down time.

oh and think about vinyl siding a bit. i saw a documentary about the manufacturer and health dangers if it burns and it's really nasty stuff for the environment.

just remembered the name:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...ry&btnG=Search

g
                haha, i see what you mean. The only positive I see in it is that the old siding, more pressed cardboard then wood, was even more flammable, and was falling off. You could literally pull a piece off by grabing it with your bare hand. It had to go.
                Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkkid View Post
                  Good to see fuel prices come down, but not enough yet. I still bought a bus pass for work... $25 a month for the bus versus $250++ to drive!
                  Petrol is slow to come back down over here, they'll put it up immediately when oil prices go up, but oil prices drop they seem hesitant to drop the price at the pumps - bloodsuckers!

Sounds like public transport is dirt cheap over there! To get to work on public transport would take me twice as long as cost twice as much as the car fuel.
                  Revel8 BWP - Spruce Pro Prime
                  SnowJam 90 - Extreme II

Comment

$351 today or regular gas. Diesel was $385
                    C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Diesel was well over $4 a gallon in Minnesota for the longest time. Now it's finally gone under $4. It's ridiculous that diesel is more than gasoline being that it's cheaper to process.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                        Diesel was well over $4 a gallon in Minnesota for the longest time. Now it's finally gone under $4. It's ridiculous that diesel is more than gasoline being that it's cheaper to process.
                        Diesel was over $5 and settled for a long time upper $4 range, so very cool to it go below $4 and yeah, it is cheaper to process but because of the demand for diesel, they, whoever they are, decided to raise the price!
                        C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

G, your kid is really growing up dude, great pic.
                          Revel8 ALPdors
                          Gold Revel8 Receptors
                          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                          ____
                          Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                          If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Originally posted by Godofmedia View Post
                            G, your kid is really growing up dude, great pic.
                            thanks man. yeah another year and he'll be on the slopes.

g

Comment

I can already see G talking him into hitting the boxes. He can be quite persuasive...and puts me to shame, heh. I really need to work on that this season. I'll have to spend some time getting my confidence in the park up this season.
                              I do it because I can.
                              I can because I want to.
                              I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                              '08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
                              X