Continuing the adventure with Lib Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuing the adventure with Lib Tech

So this is just a little bit of a follow up from my previous post about entering the traditional ski lifestyle. Having very nice success with transferring into traditional skis with the Rossignol sol seven HD as I previously posted I was very content and very happy. Fast forward to a few days ago on Monday when an ad popped up on my Facebook marketplace about a set of Lib tech backwards skis at 166 cm. I immediately messaged the seller because they were priced at about $500 cheaper than they should have been even for used skis. The seller then confidently told me he was unfortunately in need of money and wanted to get rid of them. He delivered them to me at my house about an hour after speaking to him, and I made sure that he was paid sufficiently for the skis. Since getting them, I noticed that both skis/the pair way just a tad over what one of the Rossignol skis way. They are super light. Have an awesome Edge to them, and the profile reminds me of an extra long skateboard. With the other skis, it was giving me difficulty getting used to looking down on a tapered tip and not the blunt flat tip as these skis have. I was able to get out on them for a handful of runs this morning, and I can tell you that they are absolutely amazing. When I first tried the DLP as well as the Sherpa , it was an aha moment. Today, trying these skis gave me that feeling again and then some. Unfortunately, I was only able to do a few runs because I had to come home and get some work done but I left the mountain excited for next time. They were truly a blast to ride and I cannot wait to get on them again. This feeling of excitement is some thing that I have not had in a while probably since getting back into Skiboarding a handful of years ago so it is a nice refresh!

After riding the Soul7 i was really enjoying them, however they are definitely BIG mountain skis. They need to be ridden big and hard. They will be my backups as i do not get in those situations often so when i do, having them will be wonderful. These will now be my daily driver. I said many times and always will, when I put the Sherpas on my feet I felt like I could do anything and go anywhere. i got the same feeling with these however now I want to go FIND the anything or anywhere as with the Sherpas and the DLPs I was content waiting for it to find me.

These were only on my feet for a few runs but it felt great. I can't wait until next time!

Click image for larger version  Name:	333746CB-0B57-4C0C-B63F-790023651019.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	598.7 KB ID:	265462
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mvhoffman; 01-18-2023, 10:43 AM. Reason: additional comment
    Skis/Skiboards:
    2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
    2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
    2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
    2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
    20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
    2012 Salomon SPK 90
    2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100