No announcement yet.

Entering the "traditional" ski lifestyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, at one point I may have thought that I'd switch to skis when I got too old for skiboards... but all indications are that there may not be a "too old for skiboards" moment. Longboards or releasable bindings, maybe?? I've got some time left in these legs I think, so my more immediate concern is to train up some younger riders that can out-skiboard me before I lose peak performance.

Glad you're finding your happy on snow, no matter what you're sliding on!
    BOARDSLAYER
    Base / Edge Destruction X X X
    Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

My only temptation to go partially back to skis happened a couple of years ago when I experienced some deepish powder for the first time, and because of obvious lack of skills in such conditions I was quite struggling. Was thinking that on powder skis this would be much easier ... browsing the web I found someone in Europe selling some Volant Spatula skis which radically increased the temptation level But in the end I decided to rather get a pair of Ospreys and work on improving my powder skills
      Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
      Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
      Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2011 View Post
        My only temptation to go partially back to skis happened a couple of years ago when I experienced some deepish powder for the first time, and because of obvious lack of skills in such conditions I was quite struggling. Was thinking that on powder skis this would be much easier ... browsing the web I found someone in Europe selling some Volant Spatula skis which radically increased the temptation level But in the I decided to rather get a pair of Ospreys and work on improving my powder skills
        as far as true powder boards go, it's hard to beat the ospreys. The rockered Condors are amazing as well though to be fair. I enjoy the Blunt Xl but always felt a bit small to me. The RC are like the perfect inbetween size in my opinion
        Skis/Skiboards:
        2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
        2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
        2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
        2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
        20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
        2012 Salomon SPK 90
        2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
        2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment