First Snow Storm of the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Snow Storm of the Season

Getting an early for us dump of snow, but our local hill is not opening this season, grrrr!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

What's their reason for not opening this season?
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

It snowed like crazy for about 30 minutes today in central Illinois. The ground's too warm for it to stick. but it did affect visibility.

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
        What's their reason for not opening this season?
        They claim they are being responsible corporate citizens given the drought we had this summer. I suspect it is the covid restrictions make it harder to make a profit.

sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post

They claim they are being responsible corporate citizens given the drought we had this summer. I suspect it is the covid restrictions make it harder to make a profit.

Well, you guys should make a trip down here then. It will be like old times.
          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

That would be fun but But need to take a covid test before I could return home. Lots of hassle.

sigpic

Comment

Getting an early for us dump of snow, but our local hill is not opening this season, grrrr!

I think I heard about this on the good ol' CBC... they do a lot of snowmaking out of the river there, right?

Head west! We haven't got much for base on the Horse yet, but I've got snow in the yard already that will probably stay till the end of April, now. Early accumulations can get kind of rotten and prone to sliding, so as long as it starts dumping soon, the late start might actually be better. It's supposed to be another La Nina year, which usually means big powder.

Our hill's requiring vaccine proof this year, but supposedly will be able to load the gondola at full capacity as a result. Last year, the lines were brutal and I avoided some of my favorite glade terrain to minimize time in line (better to hike or take a few extra rides on the upper chair to stay away from the base as long as possible).
              BOARDSLAYER
              Base / Edge Destruction X X X
              Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

That would be fun but But need to take a covid test before I could return home. Lots of hassle.

Bummer.
                Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by Steeps View Post

I think I heard about this on the good ol' CBC... they do a lot of snowmaking out of the river there, right?

Head west! We haven't got much for base on the Horse yet, but I've got snow in the yard already that will probably stay till the end of April, now. Early accumulations can get kind of rotten and prone to sliding, so as long as it starts dumping soon, the late start might actually be better. It's supposed to be another La Nina year, which usually means big powder.

Our hill's requiring vaccine proof this year, but supposedly will be able to load the gondola at full capacity as a result. Last year, the lines were brutal and I avoided some of my favorite glade terrain to minimize time in line (better to hike or take a few extra rides on the upper chair to stay away from the base as long as possible).

Was booked to go last February to Banff but cancelled with the Covid situation in AB at the time. Should still have a flight credit. But other travel plans may further delay getting out west this season.

We usually take a day trip to KH when in Banff. You are lucky to be there. Great resort.

sigpic

Comment

Hi Guys.
                    I'm sitting up in Mammoth right now, I've been here for a week. We had a 3-ft dump in October and it's been pretty warm since that point, but plenty to ski on.

Everything is open out here, but I would definitely be current on your covid shots. I just got my third shot booster last week.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                    ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Great to hear you have good conditions and able to do some riding this early. Post some pictures when you get a chance to tease the rest of us Rick.

Get my booster in a month.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rickylink View Post
                        Hi Guys.
                        I'm sitting up in Mammoth right now, I've been here for a week. We had a 3-ft dump in October and it's been pretty warm since that point, but plenty to ski on.

Everything is open out here, but I would definitely be current on your covid shots. I just got my third shot booster last week.

Hi Rick, Sorry I missed you!!! Was up this last weekend at Mammoth . Met my oldest son and his two girls who live in Pasadena. Real proud of my grandkids. The 10 year old went down from Cornice for the first time from the summit and the 7 year old did really well at an all day ski lesson ! Really nice conditions overall and lots open off the summit . Had a great time riding Slingshots one day and Spliffs the next!
                        FireShot Capture 130 - Instagram - www.instagram.com by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr
                        FireShot Capture 131 - Instagram - www.instagram.com by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr
                        IMG_20211112_102930041 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr
                        Boards :
                        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                        Boots
                        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                        Bindings:
                        Zero Pro Non release Binding
                        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post

Hi Rick, Sorry I missed you!!! Was up this last weekend at Mammoth . Met my oldest son and his two girls who live in Pasadena. Real proud of my grandkids. The 10 year old went down from Cornice for the first time from the summit and the 7 year old did really well at an all day ski lesson ! Really nice conditions overall and lots open off the summit . Had a great time riding Slingshots one day and Spliffs the next!
                          FireShot Capture 130 - Instagram - www.instagram.com by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr
                          FireShot Capture 131 - Instagram - www.instagram.com by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr
                          IMG_20211112_102930041 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr
                          Great photos Jack!
                          Sorry I missed you. I went solo this trip and didn't take any photos.
                          I did have a visitor one morning at the house.

https://ring.com/share/ec86aac4-c610...8-fe89ab85d9b2

rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                          ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Working...
                          X