No announcement yet.

2017/18 -- HEARD IN THE LIFT LINE -- Conversation Starter Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When on the RCs, I got powder blades a lot. Once someone called them pontoon blades.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I usually try to beat people to the punch and say “wow your skis are long, does your Grandpa know you took them for the day?”
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

A snowboard on each foot?

One holiday, a few seasons back (2014), I rode Blunts exclusively. Loads of folk asked what they were.
        My reply was to say that it was a bit like having a snowboard on each foot. Everyone got that!
        Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
        Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
        Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
          One holiday, a few seasons back (2014), I rode Blunts exclusively. Loads of folk asked what they were.
          My reply was to say that it was a bit like having a snowboard on each foot. Everyone got that!
          That's what I say about my RC's!

Comment

I was either riding Revolts or DLP's, can't quite remember at the hill I worked at. Fun little place known as Mont Ripley. I cruised by a fellow employee ( ski patrol actually) heading toward the lift line. He said, "Nice clown shoe's man" sort of condescendingly. I glanced at his powder skis, which were altogether too big in appearance/rocker for the groomed terrain we were on and retorted "Oh yea, see you brought your water ski's today, bro". And for that moment, the two of us were middle-schoolers. I was like 27 when this happened.

Comment

Yesterday an older gentleman wearing a beat up neon onesie looks at my boards and says “The 90s called, they want their blades back.” I pointed down at the 200cm straight skis he was on and said “The 70s called, they want those back”. Before he could respond his wife, who was on newer skis, piled on and said “Yup, the 1870s, he won’t buy new gear. He’s too cheap.”

She and I had a good laugh. He slid ahead and boarded the lift without her. When I commented the he had ditched her she noted that she had the car keys and he wasn’t getting home without her.
              Boards:
              2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
              2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
              2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
              2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
              2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
              2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
              2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
              2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                Yesterday an older gentleman wearing a beat up neon onesie looks at my boards and says “The 90s called, they want their blades back.” I pointed down at the 200cm straight skis he was on and said “The 70s called, they want those back”. Before he could respond his wife, who was on newer skis, piled on and said “Yup, the 1870s, he won’t buy new gear. He’s too cheap.”

She and I had a good laugh. He slid ahead and boarded the lift without her. When I commented the he had ditched her she noted that she had the car keys and he wasn’t getting home without her.
                Classic! Made my wife laugh out loud 3 times.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
                171cm/190lbs
                Current Favorites:
                RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
                Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
                Other boards I'm trying:
                Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Working...
                X