Checking in on our Cali based SBOL brethren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking in on our Cali based SBOL brethren

I notice d the SBOL internet storefront is shutdown due to evacuation of areas of Santa Rosa from wildfires. Hope the Greco family and all other California based SBOL forum members are safe.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
    I notice d the SBOL internet storefront is shutdown due to evacuation of areas of Santa Rosa from wildfires. Hope the Greco family and all other California based SBOL forum members are safe.
    Thanks Wookie, it's been a tough few days. We evacuated in minutes around 1am on Monday morning and drove through flames on 101 (while people were driving the opposite way to get away from the flames).
    We have been staying with friends in San Francisco and trying to find out if our home / business made it. It was looking pretty grim for awhile, I was thinking it was more than likely everything was gone until we heard on Tuesday night that our house had just barely been spared. You can see by the picture it couldn't have been closer. We feel relieved, and so sad for our neighbors. Right now we're waiting to find out when we can return but it might be days or weeks. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and support. - Greco

https://imgur.com/TKzYBlm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
      Thanks Wookie, it's been a tough few days. We evacuated in minutes around 1am on Monday morning and drove through flames on 101 (while people were driving the opposite way to get away from the flames).
      We have been staying with friends in San Francisco and trying to find out if our home / business made it. It was looking pretty grim for awhile, I was thinking it was more than likely everything was gone until we heard on Tuesday night that our house had just barely been spared. You can see by the picture it couldn't have been closer. We feel relieved, and so sad for our neighbors. Right now we're waiting to find out when we can return but it might be days or weeks. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and support. - Greco

https://imgur.com/TKzYBlm

Glad to hear you are okay. Brutal stuff for your neighbors but hopefully they are safe too. Stuff can be replaced, people can’t.
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Yikes. Way too close. Glad you and the family are all ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
          Stuff can be replaced, people can’t.
          Ditto.

Glad to hear your family is safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Greco... best wishes from the Modlin family..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
            rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
            ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

That’s a scary ordeal , glad you and many of your neighbors were lucky enough to have your house and life’s spared . And real sad for those that lost their homes.
              Always nice to know you have a good friend you can turn to that is there when needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Little something I saw , that I wanted to share.. scary but extremely lucky
                http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/10/...tackle-blazes/

Comment

According to a news report, firefighters were counting on an interstate highway acting as a firebreak, but the fire jumped all four lanes including the median. That’s hard to imagine, but evidently it’s that bad. Here in the relatively moist mid-west, we read about wildfires in the arid west constantly, it seems, but there’s no question this one is in a different and much more serious category.

It’s good to see that the SBOL store is (at least partially) back up and going. Hopefully the Greco family and all our friends in that part of the country are safe and sound.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that your livelihood/labor of love (SBOL) is still with us but, more importantly, it's good that you and your family are safe and relatively unscathed.
                    Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
                    Spruce 120's (they served me well)
                    Trikke Skki

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      According to a news report, firefighters were counting on an interstate highway acting as a firebreak, but the fire jumped all four lanes including the median. That’s hard to imagine, but evidently it’s that bad. Here in the relatively moist mid-west, we read about wildfires in the arid west constantly, it seems, but there’s no question this one is in a different and much more serious category.

It’s good to see that the SBOL store is (at least partially) back up and going. Hopefully the Greco family and all our friends in that part of the country are safe and sound.
                      Thank you everyone. We were incredibly lucky to be safe and still have a home. And you're exactly right Bill, except the highway was 6 lanes with 4 shoulders and a cement median. We drove through the fire as it was crossing. These headlines from our local paper sum up the week https://i.redd.it/gbdy49161asz.jpg

Comment

I hope your able to return to a normal way of life

Comment

Ah, you were blessed. That's legitimately way too close to home based on your picture.

Also, that fire must of been a beast to basically hop across a whole highway.

Hopefully life will return to normal like a beast too ;P
                          Your future nurse on snow :P

Comment

Working...
                          X