Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas from Durango / Purgatory!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas from Durango / Purgatory!!!

Yesterday was a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And today we woke up to this at our cabin! Still snowing! Merry Christmas!! And Happy Powder Day!!

Comment

Great pics, thanks for sharing. You probably got hit with the same storm that buried us. Good times!
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Thanks! And you're welcome! Snowed gently pretty much all day. Super day! Epic skiing from my family. Didn't get a ton of pics today cause we were too busy skiing but I got some video I'll post later. VERY good times.

Comment

Great photos - fun times for sure.

Comment

[emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Great pics! Durango is a fun little town. Looks like conditions were perfect.
              Boards/Bindings:
              2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
              2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Thanks sempai! Yesterday's conditions were awesome.Today was a beautiful Blue Bird day. Conditions were great today as well. This was the most skiing my daughter has done to date. Kids are just amazing at this. We even accidentally found ourselves on a black run. She just shrugged her shoulders and wedged down. LOL! We love Durango and this whole area. That's why we keep coming back year after year.

Comment

And, Merry Xmas from Arizona Snowbowl.

Durango and Snowbowl both owned by the investor James Coleman. You can buy a pass that covers these two resorts as well as the ones he ownes in New Mexico.

This is Mrs Wolf on Upper Volcano. Conditions are fantastic right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                    This is Mrs Wolf on Upper Volcano. Conditions are fantastic right now.

What's Mrs. Wolf on? Those look like twin tippers.
                    Boards/Bindings:
                    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                      What's Mrs. Wolf on? Those look like twin tippers.
                      They are Volkl Pyra Womens skis. 147 cm long and 85 underfoot. They have a rocker/camber/rocker profile and are considered twin tips. It's all her hip has allowed to ride this season after the surgery. I think she may be done with skiboards and longboards, they just put too much strain on the joints. She is really enjoying them. Good edge grip, good stability and enough float for the hero powder we get in AZ.

Comment

Awesome pic!

Yes we saw James at Purgatory earlier this year. We happened to be there for their 50th anniversary celebration. It was our first time in six years to be back. And the place was much improved. I read about the multi pass on their website.

I'll tell you that, since James has taken over, purgatory has improved by leaps and bounds since we first started going there around 15 years ago...
                        We talked to several locals this trip who have mentioned how much better it is now he's been able to improve it while still keeping the vibe they like. But they realize it's also much more appealing for us who come to visit. It's been a win-win.

Comment

Working...
                        X