Ice Guardians Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Guardians Movie

Last evening, it was my turn to pick the movie so (unsurprisingly) we bypassed romantic comedies and saw ‘Ice Guardians’, a documentary about the role of enforcers in the NHL. I thought it was outstanding. Even Carolyn—not a big fan of rough play--- enjoyed it. It takes a thoughtful, introspective look at this aspect of the game that’s not found in Don Cherry videos and such.

Hockey fans in the forum audience looking for a movie to see should definitely check this out.

iceguardians.com

Awesome movie! Definitely a must see for hockey fans, particularly for those who played the game.

For me I come down on the other side of rough play. I appreciate it and the structure that hockey gives it. The human animal is a violent thing and in a rough hockey game (even with fights) you can release the inner animal and then return to civil society purged of those inner primal instincts. I can recall many times when I went toe to toe with a competitor in a game and an hour later was at the bar with my combatant having a drink, icing our wounds, and joking about the game. Plus as my high school hockey coach used to (unpolitical correctly) say "Chicks dig scars boys!"
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Working...
    X