Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre Winter practice (single track mountain biking vid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Winter practice (single track mountain biking vid)

Turns out duct tape makes a great camera mount for a sony action cam! I find mountain biking to be therapeutic as well as good training for skiboarding, especially in the back country as you constantly have to be aware of the space between yourself and any number of trees. I cut corners on quality so I could get this up faster, think I'll opt for a shorter length and higher quality next time. I went near the end of the day so the sun was a bit of an issue.

Nice video!

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
    I find mountain biking to be therapeutic as well as good training for skiboarding, especially in the back country as you constantly have to be aware of the space between yourself and any number of trees.
    I totally agree. I love mountain biking. Unfortunately I can no longer do it because of my bad back. I miss it something awful and wish all the time that I was still able.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Thank you! Sorry to hear your no longer able to bike in this fashion. I need to remind myself to go more often while I still can. Have you ever hopped on a full suspension mtn bike? I was tempted to get one when I had an at cost hookup but it was still over twice as much as a hard-tail. I'm riding a Giant Talon.

Comment

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
        Have you ever hopped on a full suspension mtn bike?
        No, never have. I should give one a try to see if it makes a difference with my back. I don't think it would. It's the sitting position that kills me. I ride an ElliptiGO (standing bike). It's only suited for road and paved trail riding. It's enjoyable but not near as much as riding a mountain bike out in the wilderness.
        Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
          No, never have. I should give one a try to see if it makes a difference with my back. I don't think it would. It's the sitting position that kills me. I ride an ElliptiGO (standing bike). It's only suited for road and paved trail riding. It's enjoyable but not near as much as riding a mountain bike out in the wilderness.
          Have you visited Stand Up and Ride? They have reviews for several machines and one of their criteria is how well they do off-road (some do better than others). I'm sure that none of them are going to do as well as a dedicated mountain bike, but it may be a step in that direction.
          Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
          Spruce 120's (they served me well)
          Trikke Skki

Comment

Originally posted by Ukuvox View Post
            Have you visited Stand Up and Ride? They have reviews for several machines and one of their criteria is how well they do off-road (some do better than others). I'm sure that none of them are going to do as well as a dedicated mountain bike, but it may be a step in that direction.
            Oh yes. I actually know the couple of guys that run the site. We're all members of the same ElliptiGO Facebook group. There's a stand-up mountain bike called the StreetStepper MTS 26. I've considered buying one, but they are quite expensive ($4k). I've tried contacting the company a couple of times and haven't gotten a reply back. I don't think they have put a lot of effort into selling in this country, yet. Their Facebook page is pretty much inactive also.
            Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Working...
            X