Canadian Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Rockies

Although we often have come skiing to Banff, Alberta, Canada, it has been a number of years since we have come in the summer. We have been here for nearly a week now, here are a few pictures of the area.

Banff townsite:

Hoodoos in the Bow Valley near the campground we are at:

View of the Banff golf course from the top of Tunnel Mountain that we hiked:

Lake Minnewanka just outside of Banff:

Canoeing at Lake Louise:

Hiking at Morraine Lake:

Cycling and hiking Sundance Canyon:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Absolutely beautiful!

Comment

You lucky dog! The landscape is beautiful, and that water is gorgeous.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

The Canadian Rockies are spectacular. My American friends who have visited Banff and then took the Columbia Ice Field route to Jasper all agree it out does the Rockies south of the border. Should be on everyone's travel bucket list.

sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

Beautiful , Slow , thanks for the pictures... Liz and I have been to Banff/Lake Louise for skiing in the winter but never in the summer
          It is just as spectacular in the summer !
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Zero Pro Non release Binding
          Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
          Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
          Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Banff in the summer is amazing, nothign quite like jumping in a glacial lake in the summer heat, and looks like you went to all the best places!
            Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

A friend of mine has gone every year for at least the past 35 years to BC and Alberta. What he does is use outfitters to supply him a couple of horses, take him and drop him off out in the wilderness, and then pick him up at a rondevu point a week to 10 days later. He usually does it solo. I think it's very spiritual for him. I get the impression that before he started doing it, he may have been kind of an ill tempered, quick to anger person. But his annual pilgrimage gives him year long serenity. He's a heck of a nice guy to be around.

Comment

Great photos Slow. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                  The Canadian Rockies are spectacular. My American friends who have visited Banff and then took the Columbia Ice Field route to Jasper all agree it out does the Rockies south of the border. Should be on everyone's travel bucket list.
                  Thanks Slow, that scenery is breathtaking.

How long are y'all going to be up there? The stepson & daughter are currently in the Banff area on a hiking and rock climbing trip. They say it's a contender for the most beautiful place they've ever been, and have been sending pictures from time to time.

Comment

Were turned back home last Sunday.

It certainly is a contender.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X